PDA

View Full Version : Conqueror

Dasteel1974
12-08-2017, 03:54 AM
Give him some moves and take his spam bullsh*t. Shield, heavy. Block, heavy. Then you have a a microsecond to hit him if he misses an attack or he will block it to. The only thing I can do to him is a legion kick. But all he does is side step it and I get hit with a heavy. He is the Alpha Turtle. The one hit wonder. If you donít have something to open him up you canít beat him. He isnít OP but his defense is stupid.

Charmzzz
12-08-2017, 09:07 AM
Conq is made for defending a Point. That is his purpose. And he is just a bad matchup for Centurion, but that is Ok imo. On PK, Gladiator and Warden I do not have much trouble beating most Conqs.

PDXGorechild
12-08-2017, 09:22 AM
If you don’t have something to open him up you can’t beat him. He isn’t OP but his defense is stupid.

A centurion player saying "If you don't have something to open him up"... do you realise you have 3 such moves?

This is the only way the Conqueror can be played effectively. Yes it's boring to play as and against hence why he's getting a rework as he 's currently a one trick pony.

Dasteel1974
12-08-2017, 02:55 PM
A centurion player saying "If you don't have something to open him up"... do you realise you have 3 such moves?

This is the only way the Conqueror can be played effectively. Yes it's boring to play as and against hence why he's getting a rework as he 's currently a one trick pony.

What are Centurions 3 openers. LK is easily dodged and then punished. GB doesnít work as an opener against anybody other than a noob. And I just donít get much pleasure in destroying a weak player so I donít really use them. I lose matches to noobs while trying to only parry. Would love to hear what his 3rd is. Please tell me.

Charmzzz
12-08-2017, 03:18 PM
Heavy-soft-feint-GB? And LK is not that bad, at least you have an unblockable melee from neutral! Not every Character has that, especially the OG ones lack in that category.

Roseguard_Cpt
12-08-2017, 05:02 PM
For Honor is a game of action, reaction, adapt. If he dodges your LK, just dodge forward and don't kick, he dodges and goes into SB, you dodge that, Gb, and then heavy. Use mind games to force actions and then punish. Soft feint heavy into GB, if goes to dodge and SB that, hard feint, dodge, GB. He'll adapt to this and then you're in his head and can throw out some of the moves he dodges and they'll hit, if not, keep mixing up

Dasteel1974
12-08-2017, 08:00 PM
Heavy-soft-feint-GB? And LK is not that bad, at least you have an unblockable melee from neutral! Not every Character has that, especially the OG ones lack in that category.

If it lands, it will get you one hit on most. But if it is dodged the GB is guaranteed. Once that happens then you are somebodyís mercy for at least 1 move.

Dasteel1974
12-08-2017, 08:08 PM
For Honor is a game of action, reaction, adapt. If he dodges your LK, just dodge forward and don't kick, he dodges and goes into SB, you dodge that, Gb, and then heavy. Use mind games to force actions and then punish. Soft feint heavy into GB, if goes to dodge and SB that, hard feint, dodge, GB. He'll adapt to this and then you're in his head and can throw out some of the moves he dodges and they'll hit, if not, keep mixing up

If he dodges LK then just dash forward? So he GBs me on missed LK so the thing to do is go face first into a Shield Bash? He blocks so well that any attack that is blocked pretty much guarantees a free hit. If a Conqueror plays truly as a turtle then Centurion is pretty well screwed against him. You may as well have a brick wall built around him that is on wheels. It is what it feels like sometimes.

UbiJurassic
12-08-2017, 08:10 PM
Give him some moves and take his spam bullsh*t. Shield, heavy. Block, heavy. Then you have a a microsecond to hit him if he misses an attack or he will block it to. The only thing I can do to him is a legion kick. But all he does is side step it and I get hit with a heavy. He is the Alpha Turtle. The one hit wonder. If you donít have something to open him up you canít beat him. He isnít OP but his defense is stupid.

As others have said, Conqueror is inherently a very defensive hero. That said, that high amount of defense comes at the cost of limited, reliable offensive options. This is why you will see a lot of Conqueror's turtle up in a fight. The good news is that the Conqueror will be getting a rework from the team to help balance him out and give him more options. We don't have any details to share just yet on what changes will be coming to him, but we will look to get that info out to players as soon as that information becomes available.

SlashingElbow
12-08-2017, 08:26 PM
I always hated the conq since th beginning, u just have to be patient fighting him, i always wait until his attack and counter the hell out of him, takes forever tho, its the only char ppl have legit reason to cry about

brashtralas
12-08-2017, 09:20 PM

Conqueror is pretty much a hard counter to centurion. It will always be hard to beat a good one. I agree he needs changes, though. As it stands, my conqueror is shelved because heís simply not fun to play as.

Try to land lightsó->Gb even thought heíll likely counter. Get him used to it, then kick him. Wonít always work.

Try to heavy-soft-feint-gb a conqueror and youíll regret it. He has a fair point about blocking heavy attacks guaranteeing a gb. Itís a poor mechanic much like lawbringer shove on block.

Hopefully he rework brings some good(fun) changes.

Erhanninja
12-09-2017, 09:26 PM
Funny you say that. Conq is probably weakest character in the game now. Itís especially extremely weak against Shaman and Aramusha. Especially Aramusha you canít counter him as Conq. You block Aramusha you canít stop his combo. Itís ridiculous.

You get GBíed when doing side step shield bash which is his only move. Full block stance is slow.

As with Cent, one mistake he takes most of your health and you become OOS which is stupid imo. You shouldnít get that much punishment for one mistake.

He is only good against Cent coz he can stop his combo. Thatís about it.

ArchDukeInstinct
12-09-2017, 09:58 PM
Gee whiz I can't imagine why a class with some of the slowest and easiest to parry lights in the game would turtle up against a class that'll take half of your health just from parrying one light.

Dasteel1974
12-10-2017, 05:36 AM
Gee whiz I can't imagine why a class with some of the slowest and easiest to parry lights in the game would turtle up against a class that'll take half of your health just from parrying one light.

The only way a Centurion parry takes half your health is if you are near a wall or your defense is horrible. And like I said, give him some moves. He is nothing but a Spam Fighter. 1 hit wonder. Most boring character ever.

ArchDukeInstinct
12-10-2017, 06:37 AM
The only way a Centurion parry takes half your health is if you are near a wall or your defense is horrible. And like I said, give him some moves. He is nothing but a Spam Fighter. 1 hit wonder. Most boring character ever.

lol doesn't even know how to play his own class. That's sad.

Knight_Raime
12-10-2017, 01:20 PM
Funny you say that. Conq is probably weakest character in the game now. It’s especially extremely weak against Shaman and Aramusha. Especially Aramusha you can’t counter him as Conq. You block Aramusha you can’t stop his combo. It’s ridiculous.

You get GB’ed when doing side step shield bash which is his only move. Full block stance is slow.

As with Cent, one mistake he takes most of your health and you become OOS which is stupid imo. You shouldn’t get that much punishment for one mistake.

He is only good against Cent coz he can stop his combo. That’s about it.

I wouldn't say he's the weakest. He just has the most polarizing matchups of the cast. Either he really destroys the match up or he gets rolled. Goki is a close second in polarizing match ups. His HA and ability to OHK situationally just eeks him slightly above conq matchup wise.

Stahlrusse
12-10-2017, 07:31 PM
What are Centurions 3 openers. LK is easily dodged and then punished. GB doesnít work as an opener against anybody other than a noob. And I just donít get much pleasure in destroying a weak player so I donít really use them. I lose matches to noobs while trying to only parry. Would love to hear what his 3rd is. Please tell me.

So? That is how fighting works. People dodge. People block. People get hit.

But ok, we will give you a move that cannot be countered in any way so you can win once in a while too.

AlexHuaTian
12-10-2017, 07:34 PM
His name doesnt do him justice. He should be called turtle man and get a turtle costume
https://vignette.wikia.nocookie.net/fantendo/images/a/ab/Hammo.jpg/revision/latest?cb=20111024231545

ArchDukeInstinct
12-10-2017, 10:10 PM
His name doesnt do him justice. He should be called turtle man and get a turtle costume
https://vignette.wikia.nocookie.net/fantendo/images/a/ab/Hammo.jpg/revision/latest?cb=20111024231545

It's not our fault scrubs begged for Ubisoft to destroy our only offensive tools back in season 1.

Remnancy1
12-10-2017, 11:13 PM
Actually its exactly your fault for abusing clearly broken mechanics

ArchDukeInstinct
12-11-2017, 12:36 AM
Actually its exactly your fault for abusing clearly broken mechanics

Ah I get it now. Use your moves = you're abusing mechanics. Don't use your moves = you're a turtle.