PDA

View Full Version : Cheating

Dasteel1974
12-08-2017, 03:32 AM
How can somebody cheat? It has to be happening. It can’t be coincidence that a majority of the times I get disconnected is when I am killing somebody or pretty much have them beat. My question is how do they do it?

Tatsumaru.
12-08-2017, 03:40 AM
How can somebody cheat? It has to be happening. It can’t be coincidence that a majority of the times I get disconnected is when I am killing somebody or pretty much have them beat. My question is how do they do it?

I just returned to the game after nearly 2 seasons off. There has definitely been some frequent encounters with olayers “lag switching” where they are essentially DDOSSing you.

Tundra 793
12-08-2017, 04:34 AM
There's been a long standing bug in the game, where if one person leaves, there's a chance it'll crash the entire session. To the best of my knowledge, this hasn't been permanently fixed.
For Honor's P2P system is infamous for being absolute ****. There's honestly a very realistic chance this isn't cheating, but simply shoddy, terrible, sub-par game design.

I wouldn't be at all surprised if cheating methods like lag switching also triggered this bug.

Charmzzz
12-08-2017, 09:02 AM
A while ago you could crash an entire Dominion Match if you Alt-Tabbed in and out a few times, then quit. Alot of players did this on purpose. As Tundra says, it could be just the terribad P2P system. We will see when dedicated servers are online.