PDA

View Full Version : People keep on asking for siege mode but.

Ianoneshot
12-08-2017, 12:55 AM
You never do anything about it!

bob333e
12-08-2017, 01:54 PM
Hands full with: setting up dedicated servers, reworking the OG roster, and fixing some of the current technical issues of the game. I'd like so many changes in other areas as well but, they can't do everything same time.

Having a more stable, more balanced, connection-friendlier game is much more important than additional game modes right now, imo.

Ianoneshot
12-08-2017, 01:59 PM
Hands full with: setting up dedicated servers, reworking the OG roster, and fixing some of the current technical issues of the game. I'd like so many changes in other areas as well but, they can't do everything same time.

Having a more stable, more balanced, connection-friendlier game is much more important than additional game modes right now, imo.

oh ya, I forgot about that.

Okita_Soji..
12-08-2017, 02:46 PM
Apparently not as they just gave us "tribute" which no one asked for.

GeneraISoIo
12-08-2017, 03:28 PM
Apparently not as they just gave us "tribute" which no one asked for.

I'm glad we did. I needed another 4v4 mode other than Skirmish and Dominion. I too would like to see more modes, but I def agree that the technical issues have priority. Hopefully once dedicated servers are implemented, they can start going crazy with new modes. Fingers crossed!

CandleInTheDark
12-08-2017, 06:01 PM
I'm glad we did. I needed another 4v4 mode other than Skirmish and Dominion. I too would like to see more modes, but I def agree that the technical issues have priority. Hopefully once dedicated servers are implemented, they can start going crazy with new modes. Fingers crossed!

Hopefully, yeah, and the stability will be there to run them. Yes people keep asking for a siege mode and the ideas I have seen all require probably twice the level of detail dominion requires which is why this side of dedicated servers there is little chance the game would hold connection.

JuiceManDrew
12-08-2017, 06:09 PM
Yes I want a siege mode similar to Twin Peaks of world of Warcraft.

DoctorMcBatman
12-08-2017, 06:58 PM
This comes back to the P2P network. A siege mode would require a bigger map, and ideally more players. The P2P network can barely support 4v4 on medium sized maps.

I wish this game had been designed with dedicated servers from the beginning. It would have made the entire playing experience (including outside of connection/stability/etc.) very different, and IMO a lot more robust and interesting. Currently, the game feels small and like it's a bunch of Tekken matches shoved into a 3rd person view. (don't get me wrong, I have nearly 300 hours on the thing and I enjoy playing)

DoctorMcBatman
12-08-2017, 07:00 PM
Hopefully, yeah, and the stability will be there to run them. Yes people keep asking for a siege mode and the ideas I have seen all require probably twice the level of detail dominion requires which is why this side of dedicated servers there is little chance the game would hold connection.

Ah I see you addressed this already now. Well, I agree!

Helnekromancer
12-08-2017, 07:13 PM
Still waiting for that Free-For-All/Last Man Standing game mode.

bob333e
12-08-2017, 08:45 PM
Still waiting for that Free-For-All/Last Man Standing game mode.

It's an interesting idea, however feat-wise it will be a complete mess. What's easier than popping Catapult on, like, 4-5 players whacking at each other? or Arrow Storm. Or the defense-lowering feat. Then proceed to spam zone. Free damage on everybody. Etc etc

Should they consider such a mode, I think it would be best if it was with feats disabled.

GMG Peter
12-08-2017, 09:22 PM
Feats disabled FFA for 8 players in dominion sized battle arenas??

-colloseum like levels with maybe some environment in and some wild animals roaming around .. So you will be forced to team up first with others to beat animals and then watch your back! It's last man standing! With some XP or steel bonus for atacking and defeating others to ensure it won't be turtle contests? (okay even without whole animal thing it would be dope mode and it would justify the gladiator and centurion presence in rosters)

I AM IN 🔥

This maybe need its own thread what do you think guys?

bob333e
12-08-2017, 09:30 PM
Hahaha. If ya want to honeyshot it:

I'd like a colosseum arena where it starts off with 2 players who are released at first, then every 30secs, 2 additional players are released onto the arena, for a total of 8, after 3 minutes. The arena will very slowly heal from the very start until 2.5 minutes, 30 seconds before the 2 last players are released.

And you can watch it live.

If you manage to kill a player during the arena-heal timelapse, you get extra double XP at match's end.

And you get even a bit more extra XP if you're Last Man Standing.

http://e.lvme.me/rovlta9.jpg

DoctorMcBatman
12-08-2017, 09:31 PM
Feats disabled FFA for 8 players in dominion sized battle arenas??

-colloseum like levels with maybe some environment in and some wild animals roaming around .. So you will be forced to team up first with others to beat animals and then watch your back! It's last man standing! With some XP or steel bonus for atacking and defeating others to ensure it won't be turtle contests? (okay even without whole animal thing it would be dope mode and it would justify the gladiator and centurion presence in rosters)

I AM IN 

This maybe need its own thread what do you think guys?

Pretty much since release, players have been asking for 'siege' and 'FFA' - what did we get? Tribute (capture the flag). Starting new threads on siege/FFA is moot I'm afraid. They won't do it for a variety of reasons.

I agree 100% it would be a cool mode, and I like your vision for it (and they already have a coliseum map that's not publicly available), BUT there are too many pressing issues needing addressing, and I can't imagine they're even thinking of "what's the next mode we want to release?" - that is, if there are even plans to release another mode. Tribute took months and months of development and testing, and it's a simpler mode than Dominion (IMO at least).

IF (and that's a big if) we get another mode, and IF (an even bigger if) that mode is siege or FFA, there's no way we'll be seeing it until late 2018 at the earliest - based on how we've seen things move over the last year or so with FH.

Okita_Soji..
12-08-2017, 09:42 PM
I would really like if they brought back endless march without the skeletons. Maybe bring down minions damage from 14 to 8-10. It was nice having the minions actually do something and not just zone "B" is lost lets go clear it quick and get back to the other zones. Regular dominion zone "B" is just burdensome.

GMG Peter
12-08-2017, 09:47 PM
I agree that those are wishes with very ifs and longterm sights.
But a man can hope can't he 🤞🏼😃

I personally think that if UBI gets the dedicated running up at least somewhere around summer 18, we can expect lot of players to return and lot of new to come.

We have now good roster of heroes with OG reworks on the way and after that with dedicated up and running ... Two new gamemodes of FFA Arena battles and Siege looks like most wise step to ensure that newly gained community of players will keep on playing.

That would corespond with original vision for For honor, that was to keep the support for the game for as many years possible, upgrading it with every seasons a bit to achieve masterpiece🎨

Fingers crossing 🤞🏼🤞🏼

GMG Peter
12-08-2017, 09:52 PM
Hahaha. If ya want to honeyshot it:

I'd like a colosseum arena where it starts off with 2 players who are released at first, then every 30secs, 2 additional players are released onto the arena, for a total of 8, after 3 minutes. The arena will very slowly heal from the very start until 2.5 minutes, 30 seconds before the 2 last players are released.

And you can watch it live.

If you manage to kill a player during the arena-heal timelapse, you get extra double XP at match's end.

And you get even a bit more extra XP if you're Last Man Standing.

http://e.lvme.me/rovlta9.jpg

Man I would play that mode of yours all day! I think devs should hire us to make things right in FH Lol 😂

Helnekromancer
12-08-2017, 10:06 PM
Yea, 4v4 is dominated by premades and 1v1 is boring. But if there was a mode, where there is no objective, no teams, just you and your own wit I would be playing this game for more than 1-3 hours a day. No feats, maybe gear stats, would buffs even be allowed on the map like Skirmish?

And definitely no colluding. :D

Illyrian_King
12-09-2017, 01:00 AM
I would prefere if they focus on a Siege Mode!

I don't have any network problems ... I am just facing the blank boredom due to the lack of some serious action ;b

Dedicated Servers are coming, but Siege Mode or something similar isn't confirmed, so I am glad if people make some noise about it!

Personally I can't understand people asking for an Arena like mode or Last Man Standing (which is basically just Elimination) .... it's nothing you can't experience in one of the existing modes ... just said that example about Elimination with Last Man Standing.

But where can you actually experience any big stuff happen, with lots of sh*t going on?!
There is nothing even similar in the game yet!

Devs aren't going to bring out a new game mode very often, so I really hope it's not going to be stuff, which is (also in a similar way) already in the game like mentioned!

People are shouting for a Siege Mode since even a year before launch and there is no concrete answer to it till ... now 2 years later!

Yea, 4v4 is dominated by premades and 1v1 is boring. But if there was a mode, where there is no objective, no teams, just you and your own wit I would be playing this game for more than 1-3 hours a day. No feats, maybe gear stats, would buffs even be allowed on the map like Skirmish?

And definitely no colluding. :D

I am glad to announce you then the Skirmish Mode ^^
Just ignore the point bars and thoose 5 minions on the field and wish you fun!

I would really like if they brought back endless march without the skeletons. Maybe bring down minions damage from 14 to 8-10. It was nice having the minions actually do something and not just zone "B" is lost lets go clear it quick and get back to the other zones. Regular dominion zone "B" is just burdensome.

I would wish having minions roaming all around and doing about 7 damage per hit in actual Dominion, also having archers and captains in it like in the campaign ;)

Helnekromancer
12-09-2017, 01:06 AM
I would prefere if they focus on a Siege Mode!

I don't have any network problems ... I am just facing the blank boredom due to the lack of some serious action ;b

Dedicated Servers are coming, but Siege Mode or something similar isn't confirmed, so I am glad if people make some noise about it!

I am glad to announce you then the Skirmish Mode ^^
Just ignore the point bars and thoose 5 minions on the field and wish you fun!

Haha funny joke, but Skirmish is pretty ****.

PhYcE-
12-09-2017, 04:03 PM
Id love a free for all mode as well.
Id also enjoy a 1vs1 in an arena setting that would allow 5 others to watch from the edge of the arena. Once the duel is finished, the next opponent steps in and the person who beat the previous opponent is restored to full health. If one player runs the table and beats all 5 or 6 competitors in a row the match is won. The game Rune did this mode and it was fantastic.

Alustar.
12-09-2017, 09:36 PM
How has this not been a thing yet...

Ianoneshot
12-10-2017, 06:13 PM
How has this not been a thing yet...

i dont know either.