PDA

View Full Version : BGE2 in Virtual Reality?

hugsgui
12-07-2017, 09:14 PM
Hi Space-Monkeys!,

First I have to say that I'm a good old fan of BGE, I finish it more than 3 times, and I bought it the day of the release, then play de HD remastered, and I was typing on google "Beyond Good&Evil 2" one time by month since almost 15 years, so i'm very concerned about how the game could change and may or may not loose the magic of the first opus!

This is a question that coming oftenly in my head so i decided to ask it, does the use of virtual reality is something the developpers or Michel Ancel already mention and i missed it?

Cause I recently tryed a third person view game in VR and I loved it, the fact that you can look around the environment in 3D is amazingly immersive, and all I saw about BGE2 make me crave for an immersive tour of the city in Space tuk-tuk, or the mind-blowing landscape, of just feel like i'm inside the mothership or the tea shop...

Even if the game is not in first person view, I feel VR could be something crazy.

Tell me if you have any infos, or your opinion about it!

Hope to see you soon in system 3!

vickdu31
12-07-2017, 10:36 PM
I think first they should just do the game (maybe with VR in mind for the engine, like REVII) and if they want and if VR work, release a VR version 5 years later when the techonoly is good enogh (maybe we would play on smartphone at that point..) . Right now, there is no market for it and technology can be improved so much so I would not expect anything like that in the next 10 years.