PDA

View Full Version : AC Rogue likely coming to current-gen consoles in March

LoyalACFan
12-07-2017, 07:35 PM
A current-gen rerelease (remaster?) of Assassin's Creed Rogue has seemingly been outed.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2017/12/06/assassins-creed-rogue-hd-rated-for-ps4-xbox-one

There's been no official confirmation from Ubisoft when this is happening, or indeed if it's real in the first place, but the Korean Games Rating Board has evidently rated the game and lists it with a March 15 release date.

However, as you may have heard, Ubisoft announced today that they'll be delaying three upcoming titles in 2018; Far Cry 5, The Crew 2, and an as-yet unannounced title will all be pushed back further into the 2018/2019 fiscal year. There's no indication whether the Rogue rerelease is that third title, or whether it'll be affected by these sweeping delays.

sidgirl
12-09-2017, 06:39 PM
I'd LOVE to have Rogue on the PS4, it's one of my favorite games on the PS3. Please, Ubi, make this happen!!

I didn't know they'd delayed FC5, that sucks.

LoyalACFan
12-09-2017, 09:34 PM
^ Apparently FC5 has only been pushed back a month, so it's not that big of a deal tbh.

The weird thing IMO is that they're doing a rerelease of Rogue rather than AC3... I mean, I know AC3 was polarizing, but by anyone's metrics, it was better-received than Rogue, and sold a hell of a lot more copies. After this, AC1 and AC3 will be the only two games in the series not playable on current-gen consoles.

GilangWil29
12-15-2017, 05:25 PM
i hope that they made Rogue into the next-gen console means them and Olliver Bowden also would make the Rogue novel. the story is so vast on every character's bio on the wiki while the game is too short to give any characters a backstory

michelangelo___
12-15-2017, 07:33 PM
I'd like to see that. Black Flag is one of my top 3 AC games (with 1st one and Unity) and this one seems like its little brother. It has also been critically praised. Yet it doesn't really have to be significant, since media hated Unity, which I like. A lot.

OT Unity: Just walk—siming streets of best looking AC so far, IMO. Paris is just a marvel. Plus high level of customisation and game completely in French as an option, all HUD hidden. That fixed my common AC issue with script. I don't understand very well french so filling protagonists spoken lines with my own interpretation of plot was another layer of joy to me. Industry biggest production with tons of options makes me able to customise the game just the way I can enjoy.