PDA

View Full Version : BGE Space Monkey stream Discussion [07 Dec 2017]

RVSage
12-07-2017, 07:01 PM
Guys watching the stream, or planning to watch the stream, let's discuss here

The team seems to be saying the world story is can be both single player and co-op. Not a traditional game story

thoughts??

LaxativePayne
12-07-2017, 07:19 PM
I assume they haven't yet worked out the mission/level structure, and how the narrative ties into that, if they're still trying to build the world. Anybody have good examples of full co-op in games with stories? I know Saints Row, but the cutscenes there only show one player character, doesn't acknowledge anybody else.

It seems there's a good amount of vehicles modeled already, which is cool. The hybrid morphing also looked cool, but I still wanna see birds.

UbiBorghal
12-07-2017, 07:25 PM
It seems there's a good amount of vehicles modeled already, which is cool. The hybrid morphing also looked cool, but I still wanna see birds.

Birds, noted. Will pass the feedback to the team!

What other things did you guys liked / disliked from the stream?

RVSage
12-07-2017, 08:17 PM
I liked most of the things discussed, my concern is the story structure, will love to have a full detail campaign, For Honor and Division were disappointing in terms of single player playability and story, I really hope BGE does not follow suite, yes they are very different. But these were previous games encouraging multiplayer which did not have single player depth

EDIT:

One more related video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wf3t5p2XDAg

Overall Positives:

1. Ship variety, size, shape color
2. Species Variety
3. Treasure Hunts/ piracy.

Concerns
1. Solo campaign depth. Early stages, yes. But I see BGE 2 as a core personal experience, So that is why it is so important to me.

vickdu31
12-07-2017, 10:31 PM
The huge deal for me is the way they managed to render random textures using DNA variables, I dont know if you guys realise how crazy this is.
The game have huge ambitions so we might think we will never see it but the fact that they are developing tools to make it possible is really great.

About content : if they want to make it the way they dream it, they will need help of community to upload assets, scenarios, small stories, music .... And they tought about it ! Legally and finacially its a huge mess they are trying to figure out but this is a good sign. People behind it know what they are doing and the techology is here apparently.

I personally dont expect the game before 2020, at least the game they are dreaming about. Im fine with it, i'll wait and try to help, botw was supposed to come 2014 so 3 extra years can be a very good thing.

About the co-op thing, I would see it like GTA V where you have your own stuff, own character, own money and all and you can do stuff together to help. Scenario could be done like BOTW where you could do it in any order and still feel like you finished the main story at some point (when you beat ganon) but the game would be bigger than that (try to do all the side quest and all) so its would be a huge solo game that have a big ending but after the game you can still play the side quest that can be small or bigger

Ganet2
12-08-2017, 12:52 AM
Loving what I'm seeing. It's like you're making a game I've dreamt of. Heh. That level of customisation. I hope to see more added to that and to see it fleshed out more.

Someone said bird hybrids. I'm gonna offer my opinion and say rabbits. Would make great scout slave soldiers or be used in track races and of course pets. One scenario idea I had was a rabbit hybrid track runner winning a race. Their master kinder than most goes to meet them and accept the reward for his slave's success only to jump in the way of a bullet headed towards their prized racer from a nearby gunman or perhaps the master was the target. Either way a good master is hard to come by (or perhaps the hybrid is just loyal) so they end up losing it and managing to kill the gunman. Of course this would make him seen as dangerous and he'd have just likely killed a human. Assassin or no he'd have to make a break for it. Claim their freedom unwillingly, work in the underground, ridiculed and build up a reputation. Learn to fend for themselves.

Would like to see a fair number of weapons as well and types of clothing. Some long duster or trench coats would be fairly cool... guns... I'd like to see sniper-like weapons buuut... that'd depend on balanding. Handguns are cool as well... maybe some melee weapons? That'd be cool. Maybe some folks go for the classical pirate look in the style of Captain Harlock? XP

Hope to see some cloth physics on long coats and your general physics on ears and such! Maybe some tails? That'd be fairly cool, extra balancing mechanism. Or maybe some hybrids get cybernetic tails because they feel wrong created without them somehow feeling incomplete?

IRISNetwork
12-08-2017, 01:03 AM
Concerns
1. Solo campaign depth. Early stages, yes. But I see BGE 2 as a core personal experience, So that is why it is so important to me.

Totally agree. The phrase 'The players create their own stories' sets of every alarm. All of these interviews seem to be totally ignoring what we saw in the E3 trailer.. that there is some sort of story and it connects to System 4! Dakini's search for whatever that Space gateway/artifact was. I think they know that the diehard fans that are here for the story are here to stay anyway, they are trying to grab all the new folk who don't care about the established plot, but what you can DO in this game, and I don't blame them.

Ganet2
12-08-2017, 10:04 AM
I do have to agree with everyone that story leading up to the original would be nice to see. A prequel should have at least some depth to the campaign beyond the gameplay aspects of making your own character and becoming a pirate. Perhaps something supporting Dakini's crew in their possible expedition to find that monolith looking thing which I won't even try spelling because I'll just butcher it. Still though I'm personally excited at the same time to see multiplayer, customisation and character creation. The feeling of living as a pirate in this universe should be a fun experience in and of itself... still for the fans sake I'd urge a good story... then again why would they have a Narrative Director if there wasn't going to be story?

AlexandaBleak
12-09-2017, 01:13 AM
It was mentioned briefly by michel ancel that there would be transgender characters, and as a trans person myself just hearing that made me feel so overjoyed, because there are so so few games where with people like me in them and we only ever get to be a side character at best we don't even get to be a companion, so having a game with transgender characters and even allowing the player to create a transgender character is such a huge deal, to me and thousands of others like me.

But on that note i want to express my concerns about this, because its so easy to get trans representation wrong, bioware have tried to include a few trans characters in their recent games and many people applauded them for this, but they also received a fair amount of criticism because they didn't write these characters that well or in a very respectful manner, so my advice and i suppose request would be to hire transgender and nonbinary people to help with the writing of the trans characters in the game and to help make sure that any transgender specific aspects of the character creation engine are handled in a respectful way. ans also please hire trans voice actors to play trans characters when the time comes for that.

As for hybrids id love to see some more reptilian hybrids, snakes, geckos maybe an axolotl ?