PDA

View Full Version : Connectivity

Tillo.
12-07-2017, 06:36 PM
So how's the connection? Is it possible to play uninterrupted? Or do you still have long matchmaking queues, matchmaking errors sending you back to menu, desynch, game crashing without getting xp, steel nor statistics?
Did the servers arrive or was it another lie?

I've quit playing months ago because the connection was terrible. Along with my 3 friends who all pre ordered, we couldn't play a single match together. One or more of us would always get kicked from the game. We were llied to, support devs and forum mods said the problem was our internet, our routers or our configurations. When support refused to credit or reimburse my account because Ubi launched a defective product I came to the forums to see if someone could explain anything, all I got were infraction points for things I haven't done.
Following steam charts (I used to play on PC) I can see that the playerbase has grown a little but is still very low.
I don't care about nerfs or buffs. That can always be reworked. All I care is being able to play. Ubi has taken that possibility away from my friends and me.

Your thoughts?

bob333e
12-07-2017, 06:43 PM
You're bound for some serious disappointment.

Connectivity isn't any better than how it was before. Tons of rampant connection errors and disconnects.

A whole load of bugs introduced with S4 release (patch 1.15, mid-November). Many users on PC not able to even access the game.

Stuttering issues, lag, etc have increased.

Ranked Tournaments are pretty much a no-go until dedicated servers arrive.

No ETA on dedicated servers.

David_gorda
12-07-2017, 06:47 PM
Its crap, Been almost 2 years and still not fixed. Its a Joke really. I would be ashamed being on twitch, warriors den right now lol...

bob333e
12-07-2017, 06:50 PM
Its crap, Been almost 2 years and still not fixed. Its a Joke really. I would be ashamed being on twitch, warriors den right now lol...

Yeah. Have you seen Candle's update in the sticky posts? "No ETA, soon. No ETA. Soon. SOONTM"

This game needs a lot more love.

David_gorda
12-07-2017, 06:52 PM
Yeah. Have you seen Candle's update in the sticky posts? "No ETA, soon. No ETA. Soon. SOONTM"

This game needs a lot more love.soon its not good enough. It should Been fixed a year ago. Really dissapointed with ubisoft, dont See myself buying another game from them in a long long time.

bob333e
12-07-2017, 06:53 PM
Around mid-2018 will be ultimate decision whether I stay or leave. That's 7 months from now. Plenty of time for them to fix stuff. I'm just crossing fingers here.

DoctorMcBatman
12-07-2017, 06:54 PM
It's better than it used to be. But it's still not really acceptable. Dedicated servers will hopefully rectify the vast majority of connectivity issues. We'll likely find out next year.

bob333e
12-07-2017, 06:57 PM
Yeah, it's still sub-par. That's by far how best I can describe my overall experience in For Honor. Fairly enjoyable at best, but still sub-par in general.
I love this game. I only hope Ubisoft takes the right actions. SoonTM

CandleInTheDark
12-07-2017, 07:12 PM
At the same time they told us that they have had external tests and that they are looking towards an open test. So yes it is still 'soon' but the fact they are even talking about open tests suggests that we are close.

Ubisoft have been criticised for not sharing things with us sooner and they decided to break with that and talk about servers a good time before they were ready because they are a big community issue, but if you look at how people have been since, maybe they should have waited until about a week before tests were ready to go and been all hey surprise because they are damned if they do and damned if they don't at this point.

If we want transparency and long term plans, sometimes we need to realise that this means this thing they are talking about that we are getting excited about might not come this week or even this month but it is something in the works.

bob333e
12-07-2017, 07:25 PM
At the same time they told us that they have had external tests and that they are looking towards an open test. So yes it is still 'soon' but the fact they are even talking about open tests suggests that we are close.

Ubisoft have been criticised for not sharing things with us sooner and they decided to break with that and talk about servers a good time before they were ready because they are a big community issue, but if you look at how people have been since, maybe they should have waited until about a week before tests were ready to go and been all hey surprise because they are damned if they do and damned if they don't at this point.

Didn't mean to criticize your recap or anything. Was simply throwing a slight mockery at how Ubisoft always says "soon". Your recap has nothing to do with it, on the contrary I prefer to read your recap here in this forum than watch the Den live on Twitch.

In my case, I only started hearing about dedicated servers around late November. I wasn't around when they mentioned it the first ever time. I understand that servers take a lot of time to implement, however my bigger concern are the newly introduced bugs with patch 1.15. Actually, it was after I downloaded patch 1.15, and faced so many new bugs, crashes, freezes, lag and further latency issues, that I started being active on the forum to gather more info and see what I had missed. While in the meantime also engaging in discussions and providing little suggestions here and there.

Thanks again for your recap, let's hope servers are very near. I also worry that the open tests will be more of a closed public beta, hence not proper 100% public testing, but I digress. I only know as much as everybody else.

CandleInTheDark
12-07-2017, 07:30 PM
Didn't mean to criticize your recap or anything. Was simply throwing a slight mockery at how Ubisoft always says "soon". Your recap has nothing to do with it, on the contrary I prefer to read your recap here in this forum than watch the Den live on Twitch.

In my case, I only started hearing about dedicated servers around late November. I wasn't around when they mentioned it the first ever time. I understand that servers take a lot of time to implement, however my bigger concern are the newly introduced bugs with patch 1.15. Actually, it was after I downloaded patch 1.15, and faced so many new bugs, crashes, freezes, lag and further latency issues, that I started being active on the forum to gather more info and see what I had missed. While in the meantime also engaging in discussions and providing little suggestions here and there.

Thanks again for your recap, let's hope servers are very near. I also worry that the open tests will be more of a closed public beta, hence not proper 100% public testing, but I digress. I only know as much as everybody else.

I wasn't very clear,I didn't think you were mocking the recap and there are no issues there :) It was more a point that ubisoft have picked up as much flack along the lines of 'but when?' as they did for just not talking about it so at this point I am guessing there are a few people who have the passing thought why did we bother and I think it would be a sad thing if they stopped sharing things with us ahead of time because it changes nothing.

bob333e
12-07-2017, 07:39 PM
I wasn't very clear,I didn't think you were mocking the recap and there are no issues there :) It was more a point that ubisoft have picked up as much flack along the lines of 'but when?' as they did for just not talking about it so at this point I am guessing there are a few people who have the passing thought why did we bother and I think it would be a sad thing if they stopped sharing things with us ahead of time because it changes nothing.

Rightfully said. I'm just as worried as you. And the rest of the people on here who genuinely care about the game and want to see it bloom. And actually, if they stop sharing things ahead of time, I think it will draw the playerbase even thinner. Surprises are nice... but if they come too late, they weren't worth much the wait, imo.

Here's hoping for a much better 2018 with much better upcoming changes.

UbiJurassic
12-07-2017, 08:01 PM
So how's the connection? Is it possible to play uninterrupted? Or do you still have long matchmaking queues, matchmaking errors sending you back to menu, desynch, game crashing without getting xp, steel nor statistics?
Did the servers arrive or was it another lie?

I've quit playing months ago because the connection was terrible. Along with my 3 friends who all pre ordered, we couldn't play a single match together. One or more of us would always get kicked from the game. We were llied to, support devs and forum mods said the problem was our internet, our routers or our configurations. When support refused to credit or reimburse my account because Ubi launched a defective product I came to the forums to see if someone could explain anything, all I got were infraction points for things I haven't done.
Following steam charts (I used to play on PC) I can see that the playerbase has grown a little but is still very low.
I don't care about nerfs or buffs. That can always be reworked. All I care is being able to play. Ubi has taken that possibility away from my friends and me.

Your thoughts?

Just a few hours ago, Damien and Eric hinted at the next phase for Dedicated servers would be to hold an open test for players. While a specific date couldn't be shared yet, they hinted that it would be very soon. When we do announce a test for it, I definitely encourage you to try it out and see if it improves your current situation when playing For Honor. I'm aware that connectivity has been a very large, long-standing concern for you and your friends. When a test does occur, we'll definitely be welcoming any feedback you'd like to share.

For Honor released for all platforms February 14th, 2017. :confused:

I appreciate you being a very active, recent member of the community on the forums and for bringing these issues up, Fady117! We'll continue to make sure that these problems are noted and that teams seeks to address them. If you ever have any questions or threads of concern you feel need to be brought to our attention, I encourage you, and any other forum user, to message those threads over to myself or any other member of the For Honor community team. :)

bob333e
12-07-2017, 08:09 PM
I appreciate you being a very active, recent member of the community on the forums and for bringing these issues up, Fady117! We'll continue to make sure that these problems are noted and that teams seeks to address them. If you ever have any questions or threads of concern you feel need to be brought to our attention, I encourage you, and any other forum user, to message those threads over to myself or any other member of the For Honor community team. :)

Thank you so much, it's an honor to be actually part of the positive community and help improve feedback around For Honor; it's an essential phase of the development and improvement of the game, and I genuinely care about it. Had they not introduced so many bugs with patch 1.15, I'd likely have never surfaced from the dark hahaha.

Some of us, as much as me, are indebted to you guys; awesome mods and community representatives that will listen to the various issues and make sure Ubisoft hears of them. Were it not for you guys, I think this forum would have become an anger dump.

Thanks again. Much honored, and looking forward to be even more useful on this forum.

ChampionRuby50g
12-07-2017, 08:16 PM

The game came out early this year, what are you talking about?

Tillo.
12-07-2017, 08:25 PM
Almost a year has passed and the most game breaking issue is yet to be fixed.
Soon™ is still a thing too...

I've just went through all my infractions which have what I wrote linked and I can't find where I have I broken any rule.
So basically, most of us payed $60 to watch crash errors. Ubi denies game is defective hence no refund nor credit and you complain in the forums you get punished.
Way to do business Ubi, never buying anything from you again.

David_gorda
12-07-2017, 08:33 PM
The game came out early this year, what are you talking about?
I am confused, 10 months is still a very long time to not fix connection issues since launch.

Tillo.
12-07-2017, 08:40 PM
I am confused, 10 months is still a very long time to not fix connection issues since launch.

Even before that, there were tech tests, alpha, closed and open beta, every single one of them had connection problems.
Yet here we are...

UbiJurassic
12-07-2017, 08:46 PM
Almost a year has passed and the most game breaking issue is yet to be fixed.
Soon™ is still a thing too...

I've just went through all my infractions which have what I wrote linked and I can't find where I have I broken any rule.
So basically, most of us payed $60 to watch crash errors. Ubi denies game is defective hence no refund nor credit and you complain in the forums you get punished.
Way to do business Ubi, never buying anything from you again.

The infractions given were very cut and dry from the community team's standpoint. As the infractions can be a sensitive and personal matter for a forum user, we'd suggest that any further discussion you'd like to have regarding them should be done in a private message to a member of the community team. If you are confused why you received them, we will do our best to explain them.

Tillo.
12-07-2017, 08:59 PM
No thank you. I've already tried to talk to you and to the rest of the mercenaries that mod these forums. Mercenary is no insult, check a dictionary. Sorry but that's how you behave.
There is no confusion you just don't want me telling the truth here. I've read the rules and as I wanted to voice my complaints I double checked every post so that I wouldn't break them.

Quick recap about it:
Trolling/Spamming ----> false, never did such thing.
Inappropriate Language ----> this one is the best one! Forums have profanity filter, how on Earth could I've done that...
x3 Insulted Other Member(s)/Flaming ---> same as the previous one.

Fix the game, credit or reimburse my account and get off me.