PDA

View Full Version : A Tribute to TheSlimReeper

Alpha_sgt_14
12-07-2017, 01:13 PM
Hello everyone! I really wanted to post this here on the forums just in dedication to two great friends of mine. Kemet once again brought us an amazing video in tribute to TheSlimReeper. Similar to the professional style kemet is growing to be known for, he showcased two of TheSlimReeper's maps from the fc4 community. Here is the link everyone- hope you all enjoy this :)

https://m.youtube.com/watch?t=79s&v=5BHCrzeRji4

Slim has been a long time friend of mine. I had met him formally back in fc2 also along with dapperhayden. Gosh, the community back then was amazing- you guys are probably tired of hearing that ;)

Anyways, slim proved time and time again that he is a capable map creator in terms of his well known castle styled maps and creative uses for the IGE objects. He had a multitude of amazing works from all platforms and even other game franchises as well. I'm sure some people even from the dev team might recognize slim from his work on trials fusion ;).

Slim, amongst other great aspects, is a great dude as well. Not to be sappy but if you guys want any pointers in the editor or any professional criticisms/ recommendations I can not think of anyone who is more qualified than TheSlimReeper.

Slim, thank you for all your time spent here with the community and I can not wait to see what you make here in fc5!

akilyoung
12-07-2017, 03:14 PM
From what I have seen from Slim, he IS a great and capable mapper. I look forward to seeing what he can make on FC5!

TheSlimReeper
12-16-2017, 04:46 PM
Man, I didn't expect to find this re-posted on the forums from the one and only alpha himself. Thanks man, means a lot :P

longridr
12-24-2017, 02:33 PM
First got to know Slim in FC2 and he showed me around this Rustic Fortress that almost reminded me of something in Fallout and then a map based in an underground fortress, where you could definitely see the early Style of building that was budding from slim's soul, In Far Cry 3 Slim has developed a way of transitioning a medieval Atmosphere flawlessly into a shooter based hundreds/ thousands of years later (Drakestone/ Dethroned were both brilliant!.), and he just keeps getting better! Like alpha, he's a really detail-oriented builder, he won't settle for anything less than perfection! I've learned a lot from Slim, and he's definitely a big inspiration!
I can't wait to see what he'll make next in FC4 and FC5!