PDA

View Full Version : Functional Palace

stylisticsagi
12-07-2017, 12:02 PM
Something most of us always like to do on the end is build a beuatifull palace.
However there was never a function for it.

It would be nice to see a palace you would want to build and expand not only for your own liking but has a decent function as well.
Closest thing i can imagine was like the tournament building in 1404 had the ability to generate honour points.
It would be cool you woul already be able to build a palace faster but make it more beautifull and prestegious as your city grows and new civ levels are reached.

p.s. would really be cool to have your people get a bonus for it as well as it is build near houses, then again it can be used in the workers vs elite theme as well.

Ubi-O5
12-08-2017, 02:31 PM
Interesting idea! What does the rest of the community think?

ANN0nymity
12-09-2017, 10:25 AM
I would like this also so much. when building a palace it always felt there was something missing. The only thing it did was drasticly decreasing your tax income. This is why i always did this at the end. Its nice to see and build, but a bonus on it would be nice

iruet
12-11-2017, 10:17 PM
It would be nice if the palace itself has it's own citizens, so not only get more around the palace, but the palace itself also contains inhabitants...And maybe more other percs when upgrading, so u can upgrade it for instance 5 times, and you have 20 different specializations which make sure you can create your own economy system :)

stylisticsagi
12-12-2017, 03:13 PM
I like your thinking iruet but i think you are overcomplexing it.
By the way you describe it, it would feel a bit like the tech faction in anno 2070.
whilst the palace should still be optional it just need to give you a reason for having it.
Like the monuments in both 1404 and 2070 did to give building satisfactions altough the palace should also have to do something when it is being build distant from the city since in the real world we can find palaces in the city but also on very distant area's.

iruet
12-15-2017, 07:40 PM
I like your thinking iruet but i think you are overcomplexing it.
By the way you describe it, it would feel a bit like the tech faction in anno 2070.
whilst the palace should still be optional it just need to give you a reason for having it.
Like the monuments in both 1404 and 2070 did to give building satisfactions altough the palace should also have to do something when it is being build distant from the city since in the real world we can find palaces in the city but also on very distant area's.

Maybe I am overthinking it, but it just was the first thing that came to mind reading this :)

BitteWenden
12-16-2017, 10:49 AM
This sounds like the palace from 1404 which you could build using a set of pieces. It was really nice, even though it had no impact on the gameplay. Something like that would be nice for 1800, especially for the people that like to build pretty cities. If that's not possible, maybe a special "town hall" where you can earn different variations of the building through achievements aso. So your game would always have a semi-unique building.

iruet
12-16-2017, 01:07 PM
So your game would always have a semi-unique building.

Unicorn building! :p

I like the idea Tim, it will make the game more interesting and for the ones looing for more complexity it is a nice building to build (and the percs may be nice too). It would be nice to add complexity to certain aspects of the game which are optional, so maybe an easy route and a hard route for the ones looking for more complexity :)

Swimming-Paul
12-16-2017, 03:39 PM
I really hope we get a modular palace with a function, as you described. I always dream that we will have art works in the same way we will be able to get exotic animals for the zoo. So it would be great that art-works can be displayed in a special building, like a museum, but maybe one of the modules of the palace could also store pieces of art. Maybe we could even have an ornamental module for the palace to keep an exotic animal, too!

stylisticsagi
12-16-2017, 05:33 PM
Yeah the palaca building in 1404 especially with the bonus buildings (exotic animals) unlocked.
I always made a medium size palace with lots of attractions and make sure the most wealthy people lived near the palace so everyone there was nicely dressed.
Lol how decadend of me XD. PS the laughter sounds of the venetion palace added an ENOURMOUS feelgood!!!!

iruet
12-16-2017, 06:17 PM
Unicorn palace confirmed :P

We had a short discussion over at discord (https://discord.gg/V4xhZ8Z), where we came to the same decision as we are having here. I do also think it would be nice to have several ways to reach the same "expansion". As I already said an easy and hard route, but maybe even the choice between diplomatic and offensive and for both of them three different routes with an easy, medium and hard difficulty :)

It would be nice to have something which is challenging and a good build for the ones willing aestatic buildings. Next to it being good looking and complex it would be nice if there is an actual use for this building. Kinda like the building which the current vote is running for, but with other percs and more :)

Swimming-Paul
12-16-2017, 08:12 PM
Do you guys think that the palace we are dreaming of could have already been teased in this piece of artwork?
https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-sEXa7Mvuvkg/WjVvoNPfJOI/AAAAAAAACXQ/Reh1XsvVk4Eh8L-XrSLo_MYFE8pxu5NawCL0BGAYYCw/h437/2017-12-16.jpg

BitteWenden
12-17-2017, 04:12 PM
I don't think you should interpret too much into the artworks, but the building looks pretty nice. I'd love to have something massive like that in the game.

Nox_29
12-26-2017, 08:29 PM
Something I just thought of while reading your post:

Since the palace in 1404 was made out of different pieces, maybe every piece could unlock something? For example one building could unlock researching (if that's even in the game) or a part of a research tree. Another building could unlock extra player interaction stuff to perhaps gain more trust with the AI or to gain honor in some way (royalty in the year 1800 had reached a more decadent way of living compared to 1404, so perhaps organise a feast instead of a tournament like in 1404). Another building might unlock a special end-game blueprint for something (a monument for example).

iruet
12-27-2017, 04:00 PM
Something I just thought of while reading your post:

Since the palace in 1404 was made out of different pieces, maybe every piece could unlock something? For example one building could unlock researching (if that's even in the game) or a part of a research tree. Another building could unlock extra player interaction stuff to perhaps gain more trust with the AI or to gain honor in some way (royalty in the year 1800 had reached a more decadent way of living compared to 1404, so perhaps organise a feast instead of a tournament like in 1404). Another building might unlock a special end-game blueprint for something (a monument for example).

banan1996.1996
12-28-2017, 02:36 PM
I thought that maybe a palace and all ornamental buildings could slightly increase happiness of people and thus increase taxes. It would make sense that palace influences only noblemen and higher tiers people on the whole island. It could also decrease happiness of workers if we don't care about them so seeing happy noblemen in the palace would make them more likely to rebel.
Other ornamental buildings might increase income from people being close to that buildings. It would actually encourage me to build more beautiful cities because it would do something valuable instead of just looking great.