PDA

View Full Version : Game Ethics

BlackHorse58
12-06-2017, 09:12 PM
Hello everyone!
I am new to For Honor and I have a simple question for you veteran players.

When I am playing and I see another playing (fighting) either another player or a BOT, I attempt to step in and just stun (usually with a shoulder or shield bash) to keep the enemy in a stunned posture for the other player, would this be considered a good game ethic for this game or should I just leave the person?

I will admit, because I am new and I do have fat fingers going all over the place (Amature) I do mistakenly kill the enemy (Usually with a heavy attack as the triggers are always in my way...)

Any advise?

BTW, my gamer tag is BlackHorse58 on Xbox One

Thank you

David_gorda
12-06-2017, 09:40 PM
Depends, everyone has different opinions on honort in for honor. I just try anything to win My games, ganking and throw People Of Ledges No problem. I avoid giving opponents revenge though and play smart. Some People like dueling especially in brawls up to you if you respect that.

CandleInTheDark
12-06-2017, 09:44 PM
Different people are going to give you different answers, the best answer I will give is you do you.

FredEx919
12-06-2017, 09:50 PM
You'll hear arguments for both sides, but I always say play the way you want to play. If the win is most important, you should do what you consider to be the best play toward that win. That could mean helping your teammate or going to another area and capturing a point. At the end of the day, have fun and enjoy the game :)

DoctorMcBatman
12-06-2017, 09:53 PM
Different people are going to give you different answers, the best answer I will give is you do you.

This, but I'd amend it a bit.

Everyone has a different philosophy on these "ethics." IMO, you must do what you determine to be best for the team. If that means leaving a teammate to die in a 2v1 so you can nab a base - that may make sense if the game is close, or even if the game isn't close, depending on other variables.

Always assume the enemy will try to gank you in Dominion. Always assume that the enemy will try to ledge you if a ledge is nearby (same with spikes/other enviro kills).

EDIT: This is a bit broader than your initial question, but I hope it's helpful.

Tum_Energia
12-06-2017, 10:33 PM
honor before ego

Vakris_One
12-06-2017, 10:35 PM
https://youtu.be/TZpIrlcZmXQ

:)

bob333e
12-06-2017, 10:45 PM
If it's a bot just go and whack at it. If it's a player:

If it's Dominion, Skirmish or Tribute, it doesn't matter. It's even more important to kill enemy team members as quick as possible.

If it's Brawl, gank up on them if they previously did it in the previous round or if you feel in general they do not deserve honorable 1v1s.

If it's Elimination, you do what you feel is best; both outcomes have equal consequences.

Otherwise, honorable 1v1s are the way to go, in my opinion. :)

BlackHorse58
12-08-2017, 01:54 AM
Thank you for insite and posts everyone
I will try to do what is honorable for the team as a whole.

JadeBosson.
12-08-2017, 02:26 AM
do what ya wish whatever makes the game fun in your own way

RoosterIlluzion
12-08-2017, 03:21 AM
Hello everyone!
I am new to For Honor and I have a simple question for you veteran players.

When I am playing and I see another playing (fighting) either another player or a BOT, I attempt to step in and just stun (usually with a shoulder or shield bash) to keep the enemy in a stunned posture for the other player, would this be considered a good game ethic for this game or should I just leave the person?

I will admit, because I am new and I do have fat fingers going all over the place (Amature) I do mistakenly kill the enemy (Usually with a heavy attack as the triggers are always in my way...)

Any advise?

BTW, my gamer tag is BlackHorse58 on Xbox One

Thank you

I just posted about this a few days ago. Myself, and many others feel that if your teammate is struggling, or about to die, you should step in. I usually just do what you said, and shoulder bash or guard break & throw. That gives my teammate the chance to regroup and continue fighting. If they call for help, I'll step in, otherwise I'll let them finish.