PDA

View Full Version : Backing up since patch.

brashtralas
12-06-2017, 05:54 PM
I mentioned this in another thread, but I thought I’d start one dedicated to the issue, to see if others are experiencing it.

Since the patch Thursday, I’ve seen many people “moonwalking” during fights. When I go to attack(most often with a heavy) my character takes a step back during the swing.

This could be chalked up to input issues or just bad user input, EXCEPT, my opponent does it as well. I was fighting a warden where the issue was so prevalent that we looked as though we were dancing. We both resorted to using top heavies in a sad attempt to land a hit.

Eventually we were interrupted by a shaman. Then I proceeded to fight the shaman later on, and the same issue occurred, with her eventually using her pounce to close the distance.

I don’t have a lot of specifics, but I’ve even seen two others fighting one another with random back steps happening. The issue doesn’t seem to effect the third individual that isn’t locked on to in a 2v1, though.

I’ll test further tonight and actually remember to record it, if I can.

Also, when a shaman pounces me into a wall splat on a railing or barrier that has a cliff or water on the other side, a magnet turns on in that cliff/water that endlessly tried to suck me in. Not fun when my guy is ice skating backwards to his doom and then randomly back steps during an attack, sealing his fate.

VaynahAxeMurdah
12-06-2017, 06:26 PM
Yes I've experienced it a couple of times, not many though. Once I even got killed by the environment, fell off a cliff because of this bug.

Jarl.Felix
12-06-2017, 06:49 PM
Yeah happened to my warden too. Fighting with someone when suddenly my char is going backwards, like "moonwalking" and I COULDNT STOP THIS ! Ofc, I fell and died due to environmental.

But nothing surprises me when it comes to FH.

UbiJurassic
12-06-2017, 07:57 PM
Hey guys, would it be possible for you all to grab of a video of this happening in-game? If so, we can forward that to the team to see if they can replicate the issue and investigate a solution to implement in a future patch.

VaynahAxeMurdah
12-06-2017, 10:14 PM
Hey guys, would it be possible for you all to grab of a video of this happening in-game? If so, we can forward that to the team to see if they can replicate the issue and investigate a solution to implement in a future patch.

There ya go mate, I think this is what we are were talking about, it's kinda hard to see in this video since there's almost no room behind my character when he falls, so you guys don't really see him slowly walking backwards automatically. But that is exactly what he's doing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1TAbxohCRN0

MafiaRider
12-06-2017, 10:44 PM
Yep happened to me as well, but my character didnt moon walk, he just slowly walks backwards in guard mode.

Chechens video is showing the problem, if there was just a little more room before he fell off that would have been great.

UbiJurassic
12-06-2017, 11:23 PM
There ya go mate, I think this is what we are were talking about, it's kinda hard to see in this video since there's almost no room behind my character, so you guys don't really see him slowly walking backwards automatically. But that is exactly what he's doing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1TAbxohCRN0

Awesome! Thanks for getting the video over to us. I'll make sure it makes its way over to the team. :)

brashtralas
12-06-2017, 11:25 PM
I think we might have two different issues going, here. I’ve experienced one where I actually skate backwards toward edges(usually after a shaman pounced me into a barrier or railing butting up against that edge), and one where my guy actually walks backwards in guard mode and during attacks(takes a step back I are sad of attacking forward) where edges have no effect at all.

I’ll work on video.

VaynahAxeMurdah
12-07-2017, 12:23 AM
I think we might have two different issues going, here. I’ve experienced one where I actually skate backwards toward edges(usually after a shaman pounced me into a barrier or railing butting up against that edge), and one where my guy actually walks backwards in guard mode and during attacks(takes a step back I are sad of attacking forward) where edges have no effect at all.

I’ll work on video.

Hmm, sure looks like we are having two issues here, the video I linked shows the second point you made. But where edges always kill me. I havent really experienced my character skating or moonwalking.

UbiJurassic
12-07-2017, 01:19 AM
So far I've seen two different issues that sort of relate to this. The one showcased in ChechenOverlord's video and also reports from users saying that they are getting "pulled" to a ledge after a guardbreak throw.

D-d0g56
12-07-2017, 01:40 AM
So far I've seen two different issues that sort of relate to this. The one showcased in ChechenOverlord's video and also reports from users saying that they are getting "pulled" to a ledge after a guardbreak throw.

I have exactly the thing for you. It doesn't have to be a throw onto you. If a person or bot hits you then the properties of the bug will apply onto you. Even if the throw was initiated from your own team member.

https://youtu.be/LYaV8wdIJXQ

VaynahAxeMurdah
12-07-2017, 06:24 AM
I have exactly the thing for you. It doesn't have to be a throw onto you. If a person or bot hits you then the properties of the bug will apply onto you. Even if the throw was initiated from your own team member.

Good catch, looks like we got both cases on video :)

D-d0g56
12-07-2017, 01:51 PM
Good catch, looks like we got both cases on video :)

I've actually had it happen to me a few times, but the above case was a glaringly obvious moment of complete FUBAR

bob333e
12-07-2017, 02:01 PM

That's the exact same thing that happened with me in Gauntlet map, was doing a duel against a Raider. Ate the Raider's tap but dodged afterwards; alas, my character registered a stagger/recovery state near a ledge. I started to slide then fell down.