PDA

View Full Version : Valkyrie opinions maybe rework? devs please give some insight on her? or anything

masen9999
12-05-2017, 09:09 PM
i main valk i just want opinons if she needs a buff or a re work or if you guys think shes good where she is personally i think she could use a little bit tweaking or small rework maybe new animations and an opener that would be nice her lights are also easily parried for some reason i want anyone who plays opinion

ShonM93
12-05-2017, 09:19 PM
Well, after the release of the shaman, i think her shield crush could be feintable, her sweep too or at least a better recovery on miss, oh and of course make her heavy softfeintable into a light and remove free gb on dash light blocks, i mean it's pretty easy to parry them, no need for gb on block. Maybe a tad bit more dmg on the third light (the shield to the face), 'cause if you can land it without gettin' parried you deserve some more dmg. Basicly what i say is to make her somewhat competitive when you compare her to shaman. This goes to the rest of the cast too.

masen9999
12-05-2017, 09:23 PM
i like that idea faster recovery time would be amazing and yes more feinting maybe feint the leg sweep or shield crush into a gb and i would say a light heavy combo with maybe her heavies faster or a different animation because they are so slow and useless unless you feint or they are on the ground

ShonM93
12-05-2017, 09:32 PM
Oh the heavys are nice, if you drop them on full range, against a char who doesn't have a parry counter, they're basicly unpunishable and if they try to gb you, then you get a free gb on them. Maybe chars with foward step gb can gb you sometimes, but that's cgb-able most of the times. And yes, a light-heavy combo would be nice and maybe a heavy-heavy combo.

masen9999
12-05-2017, 09:39 PM
yes i agree but i still think they should be faster at least bc i usually get my second light parried so it would would definatly help with a heavy after a light so she has more options for combos

UbiJurassic
12-06-2017, 12:15 AM
The Valkyrie, along with the other members of the original 12 heroes, is being eyed for tweaks by the team. We don't have details just yet on what or how in-depth the changes will be for Valkyrie though. Right now, the only 3 heroes confirmed for a rework, including new moves and animations, are the Berserker, the Conqueror, and the Kensei. If we get details on the changes we will be bringing to Valkyrie, to help her compete against the other members of the hero roster, we'll be sure to notify players.

bananaflow2017
12-06-2017, 07:53 AM
In my opinion it is pretty sad that the dashlight issue got fixed on kensei, also he is getting rework number 100 and on valk this dashlight issue still isnt fixed....

Since 9 months....

Alregard
12-06-2017, 01:50 PM
How to fix Valkyre (PC point of view):

1) No more GB on block (dash/dodge attacks)
2) Give her a mid heavy in chain
3) Make speersweep faster so every enemy has to dodge out of prediction, not reaction
4) Let her dodge attack actually dodge attacks
5) Increase 3. chain attacks speed
6) Charged headbut from GB denies stamina regeneration for ~2 seconds
(making it a viable Option)
7) Charged backdash shieldbash grants a heavy without the need to unlock

Optional:
- Slightly overall damage increase
- Speersweep can hit multiple enemys, making all of them fall down (imho a needed 4v4 buff)

All those points are a must-have and do not make her in any way op, just viable.
If something turns out too strong, finetuning should be enough to fix it.
Easy to implement except mid heavy chain!
Gives her more mixups and versatility!
These suggestions come from experience playing against and with her! Long time friend mains her (Rep 18+ last time I checked).

masen9999
12-06-2017, 02:24 PM
that would be nice if they do that to bad it will probably be a ****ing year before they even touch her

bob333e
12-06-2017, 03:46 PM
How to fix Valkyre (PC point of view):

1) No more GB on block (dash/dodge attacks)
2) Give her a mid heavy in chain
3) Make speersweep faster so every enemy has to dodge out of prediction, not reaction
4) Let her dodge attack actually dodge attacks
5) Increase 3. chain attacks speed
6) Charged headbut from GB denies stamina regeneration for ~2 seconds
(making it a viable Option)
7) Charged backdash shieldbash grants a heavy without the need to unlock

Optional:
- Slightly overall damage increase
- Speersweep can hit multiple enemys, making all of them fall down (imho a needed 4v4 buff)

All those points are a must-have and do not make her in any way op, just viable.
If something turns out too strong, finetuning should be enough to fix it.
Easy to implement except mid heavy chain!
Gives her more mixups and versatility!
These suggestions come from experience playing against and with her! Long time friend mains her (Rep 18+ last time I checked).

I'm by no means a Valk expert, but these sure sound nice, they'll make her pretty deadly. Poor Valk could use some buffs.

that would be nice if they do that to bad it will probably be a ****ing year before they even touch her

I sure hope not. Valk is in dire need of some buffing, I hope she's in the next bracket (the first being Conq, Kensei and Zerker).

Helnekromancer
12-06-2017, 07:00 PM
It would be nice to have her Heavy feint into shield bash be a knockdown to opponents out of stamina, and give her better feats, alot of them are hit or miss.

Her Unique Feat being the Horn that locates all enemy opponents needs to have a second effect, like lowers all enemy defenses or teammates gain bonus movespeed. For it to be a viable feat because as it stands it's probably one of the most underwhelming Feats in the game.

Alregard
12-06-2017, 10:27 PM
Featbalancing is another topic I would say...
Sadly I dont think Ubi is reading my suggestions here, and if they do they dont care^^

StrOf10kBabies
12-06-2017, 11:06 PM
Any ideas if the Lawbringer is getting looked at as well? I think he could use a few tweaks to be viable in higher tier game play.

bob333e
12-06-2017, 11:23 PM
Any ideas if the Lawbringer is getting looked at as well? I think he could use a few tweaks to be viable in higher tier game play.

Pretty sure all of the OG characters are getting their reworks. That's 12 characters. Take away Conq, Zerker and Kensei which are the current confirmed rework bracket, and there's still 9 characters to get looked at.

Gunner11Mendez
12-07-2017, 03:57 AM
Why does she not have a new exec yet?

masen9999
12-07-2017, 04:36 AM
Why does she not have a new exec yet?
they took it out due to bugs they are ading it in in the next update mid december