PDA

View Full Version : Dealing with aramusha lights

Jrock42_
12-05-2017, 12:52 PM
Ok. This isn't a whine and complain thread. I need advice on aramusha. I play on console, and I usually play assassin's(yes it's going this way). I've had some luck deflecting against pure light spam aramusha's. But those that mix up with heavies and deadly feint seem almost impossible to counter them as an assassin. So what do I do against that?

Knight_Raime
12-05-2017, 01:04 PM
Dodge attack. if he's going for top or opposite side of your dodge attack he'll miss his hit majority of the time.
Keeping guard ready at top is another solid way to handle things.
Also never really attempt to parry side attacks from him. those are almost always feinted to go some other direction.
He can't really delay his deadly feint so it's just safe to assume he's going to feint another direction.

PDXGorechild
12-05-2017, 01:10 PM
Copy pasted from a similar thread I posted in:

Here's what to do if you're not a Korean with cat like reflexes and wired fibre internet: Once you realise he's doing the combo, get ready to block top. The combo goes side > top > side > top, Often I'm not quite quick enough to block the side or I don't have enough time to process he's doing the combo to think to block to the side, so I don't bother. I just eat the hit the side hit and block top soon after it lands. Even with reflex guard and less than perfect internet speeds on console this is manageable. I know this because I do it all the time. If he feints i'll go for a dodge attack immediately.

Other than this when fighting Aramashu I tend to try and stay on my toes and outmanoeuvre him. Your dodge as an Assassin is far superior to his. It is possible to dodge attack out of his combo if timed right, i'd recommend practising this against a bot to get a feel for it. A dodge attack in the direction of his attack is good if I think I have enough time, this way if you mistime it you may get an accidental deflect anyway. Switch your guard around in circles when sizing each other up to throw him off as you should be with most opponents. Even as a Berserker with hyper armour and my own unlimited combo I don't like going toe-to-toe with this guy. If you're gonna parry anything, make sure it's only his top heavy or unblockable zone as it's slow.

So in short, get ready to block top, make use of dodge attacks and stay mobile. Oh, and don't let him push you into a corner...

David_gorda
12-05-2017, 02:04 PM
Its pretty much pointless defending against if you play on Console. Best way is to be the aggressor and dont let aramusha do his thing.

Jrock42_
12-05-2017, 04:30 PM
It's amazing the responses you get when you ask for help instead of ranting. I appreciate it guys. I don't like bieng weak to any character, so I try to play all of them and figure them out but aramusha and shaman(super berserker) give me trouble. Mostly from lack of knowledge though.

JediGamerFurius
12-05-2017, 04:44 PM
It's amazing the responses you get when you ask for help instead of ranting. I appreciate it guys. I don't like bieng weak to any character, so I try to play all of them and figure them out but aramusha and shaman(super berserker) give me trouble. Mostly from lack of knowledge though.

If you are playing on PC we can train this dodges, deflect and block, I'm not much the best on aramusha but I can do the light chain and soft feints.

Jrock42_
12-06-2017, 12:18 AM
If you are playing on PC we can train this dodges, deflect and block, I'm not much the best on aramusha but I can do the light chain and soft feints.

I'm on console, but I appreciate the offer

Playing_Mantis
12-06-2017, 09:14 AM
that option won't work. its not possible to dodge out of the ridiculous chain. have to block top which gives them free side heavy i guess at any point.