PDA

View Full Version : (unnecessary) Cent nerf and something I'd like to point out

GNG.DardyDard
12-05-2017, 11:41 AM
During the whole complaining and crying of numerous bad players of the community for the devs to nerf Centurion, the main arguement point that I noticed was that "He can take away 90% of your health with one parry punish" and that was considered op. The cent nerf rears its ugly, unnecessary head and the bad players cry in joy because now they don't have to be learn to be good at the game :^).

Anyway, the point I'm trying to make is that the cent nerf didn't remove his 65 damage wall splat but yet people stopped complaining entirely because he's been nerfed and thats all they care for? Not what was in the nerf, just that the big bold letters "CENT NERF" are plastered across the patch notes?

- Fuggovv, your friendly neighborhood legionary :^)

Seriously though, Centurion was never overpowered after they nerfed him after release. And if you think he was overpowered after his initial release nerf then I can supply a photo for you to plaster on your computer monitor when you play any sort of video game :^)

Vordred
12-05-2017, 11:48 AM
actually, people did complain about the cent nerf and that it didn't really solve the problem, but at the same time, people were just happy that he could no longer pin you against a wall and infinite combo you to death.

Knight_Raime
12-05-2017, 11:49 AM
This is true that he was never "over powered." But he had a lot of other issues that created frustrations. team fights in particular. Followed by his infinite wall combo.
He's largely ignored now because the only thing he has going for him atm is his parry punishes. Which is generally agreed as annoying.
Centurion in general just needs a major kit overhaul. I made plenty of suggestions in the past.

I can only hope some of those suggestions make their way into his kit once the OG heros are addressed.

Vordred
12-05-2017, 11:52 AM
yeah, that's the main issue with Cent, the issues were less about numbers, and more about his kit. and the devs are unlikely to redo his kit anytime soon.

bob333e
12-05-2017, 01:41 PM
Centurion was made to shut down lazy turtling gameplay and is an excellent parry punisher. Though there was a problem with his infinite wallsplat combo and, only that needed readjustment. Centurion is still fine and deadly as-is, usually the ones complaining about him being over-nerfed today are the same people who abused the "wallsplat custscene" at S2 release. Similarly, the ones still complaining about him today being overpowered are people too lazy to put in extra effort to counter his kit.

PDXGorechild
12-05-2017, 01:53 PM
He was overpowered and still is to a degree. No other class has a parry punish as strong as his. Losing half your health for one mistake and being defenceless to do anything about it is overpowered whichever way you spin it. It's also boring and frustrating to have to deal with. Yes, it was mainly one move and subsequent combo's that resulted in him being overpowered, especially near a wall, but this just serves to highlight what a poorly made and stupid class he is from the ground up and needs a complete rework.

Alustar.
12-05-2017, 02:31 PM
Actually, the valkyrie after parrying a top heavy has the most punish in the game. She will connect a headbutt, stamina break and ground you then get out a full combo ending with a sweep to ground you again and let out another combo.

David_gorda
12-05-2017, 02:43 PM
Actually, the valkyrie after parrying a top heavy has the most punish in the game. She will connect a headbutt, stamina break and ground you then get out a full combo ending with a sweep to ground you again and let out another combo.
Oh really? And how Much damage is that?

Devils-_-legacy
12-05-2017, 02:46 PM
You know you can dodge the sweep

bob333e
12-05-2017, 03:00 PM
Losing half your health for one mistake and being defenceless to do anything about it

So is the case if you eat a Warden's Crushing Counterstrike into SB into double lights. The whole 5-hit combo is unavoidable and will take half your HP (except if you're Shugo, in which case you will outpoise the SB and counter back).

And as alustar pointed above, Valkyrie has a deadly punish as well. Which, can also be chained into another leg sweep.

Raider's zone feint into tap into zone again then GB into charge into zone will take around 70% of your HP and will leave you OOS too.

And let's not forget Berserker's OOS top heavy punish. That hit alone is like 50% of your HP.

Centurion isn't overpowered. He simply equals other heroes in dealing punish damage; except, his punish is specifically a parry punish.

bananaflow2017
12-05-2017, 03:03 PM
He was overpowered and still is to a degree. No other class has a parry punish as strong as his. Losing half your health for one mistake and being defenceless to do anything about it is overpowered whichever way you spin it. It's also boring and frustrating to have to deal with. Yes, it was mainly one move and subsequent combo's that resulted in him being overpowered, especially near a wall, but this just serves to highlight what a poorly made and stupid class he is from the ground up and needs a complete rework.

His wallsplat was definately op. Yes he got a strong parry punish. Finally his parry punish got weaker than raiders since the jab is not safe anymore. So there is no light after the jab and he hot at least he got his knee and a heavy. He can do 65 dmg in wall splat when he parries you near a wall.
Raider drains up to 100 % stamina or just kills u instant. He also can deal 90-95 dmg when he baits out the heavy when u r OOS. He can basicly do this with a hard feinted zone atack. Against a good raider 1 parry can easily cost u the game....
Cent is still kinda annoying yes, but u can still outplay him now. Since the jab got delayed and wallsplat removed everything is manageble imo.

David_gorda
12-05-2017, 03:04 PM
So is the case if you eat a Warden's Crushing Counterstrike into SB into double lights. The whole 5-hit combo is unavoidable and will take half your HP (except if you're Shugo, in which case you will outpoise the SB and counter back).

And as alustar pointed above, Valkyrie has a deadly punish as well. Which, can also be chained into another leg sweep.

Raider's zone feint into tap into zone again then GB into charge into zone will take around 70% of your HP and will leave you OOS too.

Centurion isn't overpowered. He simply equals other heroes in dealing punish damage; except, his punish is specifically a parry punish.
Since when is Warden chrushing strike into shoulderbash a confirmed shoulderbash hit?

bob333e
12-05-2017, 03:09 PM
Since when is Warden chrushing strike into shoulderbash a confirmed shoulderbash hit?

We can duel if you'd like. Since you're on PS4 as well. And I'll show it to you up front. No amount of texts or video evidence can convince you lol. A lot others tried on this forum.

I do it all the time, is all you need to know. Want "proof"? we can duel.

David_gorda
12-05-2017, 03:12 PM
We can duel if you'd like. Since you're on PS4 as well. And I'll show it to you up front. No amount of texts or video evidence can convince you lol. A lot others tried on this forum.

I do it all the time, is all you need to know. Want "proof"? we can duel.sure you can add me and show me.

bob333e
12-05-2017, 03:15 PM
You're a Berserker main, yes? your hyperarmored jumping attack is all you need to do. Custom match, mind you. With no damage setting. I'm not going to cuddle your ego with yet another K/D rubbish. The point is to show you the combo, not defeat you. That will be another day. ;D

David_gorda
12-05-2017, 03:17 PM
You're a Berserker main, yes? your hyperarmored jumping attack is all you need to do. Custom match, mind you. With no damage setting. I'm not going to cuddle your ego with yet another K/D rubbish. The point is to show you the combo, not defeat you. That will be another day. ;D i dont have Main, i have about 7 classes prestige 7+, yes just show me confirmed hit after crushing counter No real duel .

bob333e
12-05-2017, 03:54 PM
i dont have Main, i have about 7 classes prestige 7+, yes just show me confirmed hit after crushing counter No real duel .

Thought you were rep 103? 7 classes at rep 7-9 each will make you like rep 60 overall...

I feel sorry for every Warden you've fought, if none of them knew about this guaranteed combo; even more so, if none, or few of them, actually used the CC. If you've fought Wardens who mostly spam vortex, it's understandable that this is new to you. Not everybody practices Warden as much as I do. That's daily grind in Custom Match against level 3 bots for at least 2 hours.

Note that level 3 bots cannot counter nor escape this combo; pretty sure no human player can, if a level 3 bot cannot. Don't forget level 3 bots read your inputs plus they are parry gods. And none from the players I've fought countered it when it landed.

Only Shugoki can counter it with static hyperarmor, he'll outpoise the SB and hit me back. (speaking of level 3 Shugoki bots). Tactics differ against Shugokis.

But yeah sure we can still meet and stuff. Arguing with you is pointless anyway.

David_gorda
12-05-2017, 04:14 PM
Thought you were rep 103? 7 classes at rep 7-9 each will make you like rep 60 overall...

I feel sorry for every Warden you've fought, if none of them knew about this guaranteed combo; even more so, if none, or few of them, actually used the CC. If you've fought Wardens who mostly spam vortex, it's understandable that this is new to you. Not everybody practices Warden as much as I do. That's daily grind in Custom Match against level 3 bots for at least 2 hours.

Note that level 3 bots cannot counter nor escape this combo; pretty sure no human player can, if a level 3 bot cannot. Don't forget level 3 bots read your inputs plus they are parry gods. And none from the players I've fought countered it when it landed.

Only Shugoki can counter it with static hyperarmor, he'll outpoise the SB and hit me back. (speaking of level 3 Shugoki bots). Tactics differ against Shugokis.

But yeah sure we can still meet and stuff. Arguing with you is pointless anyway.
I wrote prestige 7+ on 7 classes , lawbringer 20 for example. Yeah i tested against a lvl 3 bot and its hit everytime, so i Guess you are right. I think I input bash to late sometimes with Warden thats why they dodge it.

bob333e
12-05-2017, 04:27 PM
I wrote prestige 7+ on 7 classes , lawbringer 20 for example. Yeah i tested against a lvl 3 bot and its hit everytime, so i Guess you are right. I think I input bash to late sometimes with Warden thats why they dodge it.

Queue SB with a quick square press, right as the downward slash animation plays during the CC animation. Then queue double R1 with analog pushed left or right during the SB animation. It's a true combo, never fails. Or you can swap the double lights with a zone for extra style points. Or a heavy then feint into another heavy, zone, GB.... etc.

You're welcome. Strange how you're finally agreeing with somebody. But you're welcome still.

David_gorda
12-05-2017, 04:41 PM
Queue SB with a quick square press, right as the downward slash animation plays during the CC animation. Then queue double R1 with analog pushed left or right during the SB animation. It's a true combo, never fails. Or you can swap the double lights with a zone for extra style points. Or a heavy then feint into another heavy, zone, GB.... etc.

You're welcome. Strange how you're finally agreeing with somebody. But you're welcome still. your lucky Guess was correct this time, i have to admit that :P

Vakris_One
12-05-2017, 04:52 PM
I didn't know the Warden gets a guarranteed SB from crushing counter. Are you guys sure you can't dodge it or roll back? Crushing counter doesn't cause any kind of stock lock after it hits.

David_gorda
12-05-2017, 05:09 PM
I didn't know the Warden gets a guarranteed SB from crushing counter. Are you guys sure you can't dodge it or roll back? Crushing counter doesn't cause any kind of stock lock after it hits.yeah i tested it. You need to input shoulderbash right after hit, its pretty tight. Only the fast uncharged bash is confirmed.

Alustar.
12-05-2017, 11:05 PM
You know you can dodge the sweep
If she parried the top heavy and stamina breaks you, no you will not be dodging the sweep. She will initiate it before your character runs an animation to stand.

Alustar.
12-05-2017, 11:08 PM
Oh really? And how Much damage is that?

If nearly two thirds of most heroes full health.

David_gorda
12-05-2017, 11:49 PM
If nearly two thirds of most heroes full health. you can do 90 confirmed with Raider against Oos opponent of you have guard left when you throw him about 270 degrees, left heavy+zone combo. Think that or berserkers has Max punish. I dont play berserker so not sure Exact Numbers on that, this is without gear stats ofc.

Oupyz
12-06-2017, 12:03 AM
the crushing counter strike into shoulder bash been going for long time on pc , but to clarify that wasn't the case before , after they nerfed his shoulder bash 2 patches after they changed something so crushing counter strike confirm sb into double light .

its been like that since months , strange console players don't know about it though , or maybe my mmr is a bit high so everyone is kinda expert in this game =))

bob333e
12-06-2017, 01:25 AM
I didn't know the Warden gets a guarranteed SB from crushing counter. Are you guys sure you can't dodge it or roll back? Crushing counter doesn't cause any kind of stock lock after it hits.

Yep, CC guarantees a SB provided you queue it right during the CC animation, without charging anything. Then you queue double lights during the SB animation (analog has to pushed left or right, else you'll deal a top light). Guaranteed 5-hit combo that will drain down to half health (except Shugoki). You may continue into another SB and cancel into GB, wallsplat, take a heavy, then feint a second heavy into zone. Opponent will be near dead by then.

Mind you, not every Warden does this. They mostly either spam vortex or rely too much on zone. I'm one of those hardcore Wardens who are hell-bent on learning Warden inside out. :B

I don't see this as an issue though. He matches up against Raider's stam drain and free zone damage, Berserker's OOS punish, Shaman's guaranteed pounce from GB, Centurion's wombo combo, Gladiator's double unblockable poke bleed buildup... to name a few. Besides, all of this is only on top attacks that are countered with Crushing Counterstrike, and only when the CC lands (excluding connectivity issues, where you're likely to whiff the CC), and it doesn't work on unblockables, unblockables can only be parried. Side attacks are safe from this combo.

Deus vults quietly in corner

Alustar.
12-06-2017, 01:55 AM
you can do 90 confirmed with Raider against Oos opponent of you have guard left when you throw him about 270 degrees, left heavy+zone combo. Think that or berserkers has Max punish. I dont play berserker so not sure Exact Numbers on that, this is without gear stats ofc.

The difference her is that I don't know any character that has 100% guaranteed damage like that. Raiders is conditional to there being enough room for the grab to drain stamina. I don't know much about berserker, but I've never seen them parry someone and in one move break their stamina and more through them.
However, knowing this about the valkyrie mean I don't throw out top heavies because I know that the chances of being punished like that are high. And it's only on top heavies, so that still leaves plenty options.

bananaflow2017
12-06-2017, 06:59 AM
The difference her is that I don't know any character that has 100% guaranteed damage like that. Raiders is conditional to there being enough room for the grab to drain stamina. I don't know much about berserker, but I've never seen them parry someone and in one move break their stamina and more through them.
However, knowing this about the valkyrie mean I don't throw out top heavies because I know that the chances of being punished like that are high. And it's only on top heavies, so that still leaves plenty options.

Zerker OOS punish is confirmed. Yes Raider is kinda situational. His heavy zone combo works like 8/10 (just feels like) and u need to have ur guard on the left before. Near a wall it's 95 confirmed cuz it's topheavy +zone.
The Thing with valk is, that her hear headbut knocks u down by getting outta stamina with that move. U dont have to be outta stamina before..

Alustar.
12-06-2017, 07:18 AM
Zerker OOS punish is confirmed. Yes Raider is kinda situational. His heavy zone combo works like 8/10 (just feels like) and u need to have ur guard on the left before. Near a wall it's 95 confirmed cuz it's topheavy +zone.
The Thing with valk is, that her hear headbut knocks u down by getting outta stamina with that move. U dont have to be outta stamina before..

Exactly the point I've been making, valkyrie is the only hero that stamina breaks you off of a parry, regardless, and then still gets her combo in. Damage values are that point are negligible, as this isn't just free parry hit m guys.

bananaflow2017
12-06-2017, 07:32 AM
Exactly the point I've been making, valkyrie is the only hero that stamina breaks you off of a parry, regardless, and then still gets her combo in. Damage values are that point are negligible, as this isn't just free parry hit m guys.

This depends in the enemy and his stamina pool. Usually just 1 parry is no enough die that. This works when the enemy has got like 3/4stamina and starts a heavy ( warden as a case). Other heroes like cent still dont get into this cuz theire stamina pool is like 182726 million.

Usually u her 2 lights and a heavy die this as a valk. Near a wall it's 2 heavies and a light.

Alustar.
12-06-2017, 07:34 AM

bob333e
12-06-2017, 04:10 PM
your lucky Guess was correct this time, i have to admit that :P

Way to compliment a Warden main who knows what he's talking about. ;)

But in all seriousness, when you decide to not troll, you are capable of good feedback, I only hope you troll less often and contribute to discussions more. That's it. Peace.