PDA

View Full Version : Kill thieves

RoosterIlluzion
12-05-2017, 07:03 AM
I really love those highschool jock warriors that have to kill everything they see. Doesn't matter that their teammate did most of the work, as long as they land the final blow and get the execution.
There's a reason the game has a HELP! button.
People will use it if they need help, or you could at least wait to see if their about to die and THEN jump in.

xXSpectrelordXx
12-05-2017, 06:35 PM
I agree, it's annoying when you're destroying someone and then someone, (mainly wardens I find) hit them and do their vow of silence, luckily valk have shield bash

David_gorda
12-05-2017, 06:39 PM
Best thing is when i guardbreak someone Out Of stamina or close to ledge and a teammate decides to "help" and hit me in the back interupting me or give My opponent revenge.

micisonit
12-05-2017, 08:24 PM
Why is it a problem ? The kill will count for both of you ! Thats why some ppl have 20 kills !

bmason1000
12-05-2017, 09:03 PM
It's not kill stealing, it's kill securing. I top heavied that guy you were fighting to ensure he lost and you survived. Ya never know what could happen in those final moments. Maybe there's an upset turnaround and you ended up losing even though you had full health and they had 10 hp...you never know. So i secured the kill, i didn't "steal" it. It's not all about you, ya know? You should be more appreciative of good teammates lending a hand and making sure the enemy dies.

Arekonator
12-05-2017, 09:10 PM
I found out the "I am helping" teammates more often than not actually sabotage you, resulting in the enemy surviving what would otherwise be guaranteed death.

David_gorda
12-05-2017, 09:12 PM
I found out the "I am helping" teammates more often than not actually sabotage you, resulting in the enemy surviving what would otherwise be guaranteed death.exactly they spamming give the opponent revenge or interupting My combo. Rare to see skilled players actually wait to attack until they have confirmed attack instead of just jumping in and start spamming.

Helnekromancer
12-05-2017, 09:20 PM
The "I am helping" guy is more or less the person who has no clue what they are doing. They are too afraid to take an objective because they aren't confident enough to take the person off it or don't want to be alone and too lazy to wave clear minions so instead he will try to "assist" you while you are fighting someone.

It's not even a planned hit, just randomly flail at the enemy, not getting the killing blow because he interrupted my heavy with his light, and now that the system knows the opponent is getting 2v1, he instantly gets revenge,pops it, and kills us both... yea thanks.

CheekyKemosabe
12-05-2017, 10:07 PM
Meh, i think if i have enough time to jump in anIf d get the final hit that kills the guy then you took too long to kill him. If you're playing an objective game mode then it doesn't entirely make sense to me that you'd get upset when your teammates actually work together to beat the enemy team.

I can get something like this in elimination or brawls, where the lines between assisting someone and standing by are a bit gray and not all cemented, but you're playing dominion and i'm not going to wait for you.

That extra hit doesn't kill them and gives them revenge? ok, so what? that just means they'll be even more speratic and less focused because they're too concentrated on trying to throw out as many hits as possible in every direction.

Also what happens if you take too long and then their teammates show up? i mean hey, if you're confident enough to handle yourself in a xv1 situation then bravo but i'm still not gonna give a **** if you get upset because i helped you out.

seems a bit harsh but some of these posts act like just because someone assists you means they're bad and we should hate them for it. I personally don't want to risk losing a game in the event that you die because, as it's been mentioned, any player can come back from only 10 HP and still hand you a good *** whoopin.

as i said before, if you want that kill and you want it bad, play some duel or brawl, elimination even. I'm sure you'll run into an honor crowd that will be more than happy to let you finish that 1v1 you got going on.

Helnekromancer
12-05-2017, 10:25 PM
Meh, i think if i have enough time to jump in anIf d get the final hit that kills the guy then you took too long to kill him. If you're playing an objective game mode then it doesn't entirely make sense to me that you'd get upset when your teammates actually work together to beat the enemy team.

I can get something like this in elimination or brawls, where the lines between assisting someone and standing by are a bit gray and not all cemented, but you're playing dominion and i'm not going to wait for you.

That extra hit doesn't kill them and gives them revenge? ok, so what? that just means they'll be even more speratic and less focused because they're too concentrated on trying to throw out as many hits as possible in every direction.

Also what happens if you take too long and then their teammates show up? i mean hey, if you're confident enough to handle yourself in a xv1 situation then bravo but i'm still not gonna give a **** if you get upset because i helped you out.

seems a bit harsh but some of these posts act like just because someone assists you means they're bad and we should hate them for it. I personally don't want to risk losing a game in the event that you die because, as it's been mentioned, any player can come back from only 10 HP and still hand you a good *** whoopin.

as i said before, if you want that kill and you want it bad, play some duel or brawl, elimination even. I'm sure you'll run into an honor crowd that will be more than happy to let you finish that 1v1 you got going on.

Unless you are fighting against a noob yes, he pops revenge and swings aimlessly but I haven't seen a that in pvp dom in awhile.

Everyone I face is around 80-100+ rep and know what they are doing, they get revenge and kill both of you, and taunt over your dead corpses. I don't care about kill stealing, I want him dead and when I was going to, you budded in and didn't do thus making me lose my oppurtunity to kill him and now he has revenge and his back up is coming.

And at the end of the day it comes down to people not knowing how to properly gank, they think oh if we all just throw heavies at him he'll die, there are a fair amount of players who know how to defend themselves, sitting back and blocking isn't that hard in this game since, blocking 1 strikes means you block the other 2 incoming immediately after it, so all someone needs to to is block/parry the most obvious guy and get revenge.

Hence why you see all those outplay videos because the gank squad isn't using unblockables or guardbreaks, just regular attacks. Like I said if you are going to "assist" me make sure you actually secure the kill and not poke him or what's the point? Just wasting more time in a game mode that's all about rotations.

CheekyKemosabe
12-05-2017, 11:07 PM
Unless you are fighting against a noob yes, he pops revenge and swings aimlessly but I haven't seen a that in pvp dom in awhile.

Everyone I face is around 80-100+ rep and know what they are doing, they get revenge and kill both of you, and taunt over your dead corpses. I don't care about kill stealing, I want him dead and when I was going to, you budded in and didn't do thus making me lose my oppurtunity to kill him and now he has revenge and his back up is coming.

And at the end of the day it comes down to people not knowing how to properly gank, they think oh if we all just throw heavies at him he'll die, there are a fair amount of players who know how to defend themselves, sitting back and blocking isn't that hard in this game since, blocking 1 strikes means you block the other 2 incoming immediately after it, so all someone needs to to is block/parry the most obvious guy and get revenge.

Hence why you see all those outplay videos because the gank squad isn't using unblockables or guardbreaks, just regular attacks. Like I said if you are going to "assist" me make sure you actually secure the kill and not poke him or what's the point? Just wasting more time in a game mode that's all about rotations.

Sure people need to know how to gank if they're going to do it but what i'm saying is that if it takes you that long to kill somebody to the point that that extra hit lets them pop revenge then that's not on your teammate, that's on you. Sure they could have gone somewhere else but they decided to help you. I rarely have this happen when i run in and finish off the opponent.

Also, expecting your teammate to know exactly what to do when two of you are facing one of them is hard if you're not communicating, which could be the main issue. they don't know what you're doing, you don't know what they're doing, so it might as well be as much your fault if the guy that pops revenge kills the two of you.

It's easy to blame other players when that happens but you also have to think what you could have done differently to make sure you kill the said revenge popped opponent, especially if it's blatantly clear that your teammate doesn't know how to gank.

I've had my fair share of kills stolen and i just don't care. Thank you teammate for potentially saving my *** if that had gone wrong. I've also had plenty of teammates jump in when they didn't need to and given the enemy free revenge, but that doesn't really effect the fight as long as you know to back up and let it time out until you start up the gank again. surviving revenge is not that hard.

bananaflow2017
12-05-2017, 11:30 PM
#1 fhtracker seperates kd and kda.
#2 more important. Too many f.....s dont manage to kill the enemy or even save him by inzerrupting your final hit. In worst case they even give them revenge...

King_of_games-SP
12-06-2017, 01:29 AM
This is most problematic in tribute. Sorry but you are in fact not helping when you run over to steal my kill and leave our offering unguarded. Sometimes the best way to help your teammates is to sit back and have faith that they wont screw up

JadeBosson.
12-06-2017, 03:01 AM
sharing is caring

ChampionRuby50g
12-06-2017, 03:08 AM
It's not caring when your ally comes along to me just as I GB this enemy on his last bar of health, and hits them when I would have easily got that kill then. That is the kill stealing I think OP is talking about. Or when you can see your ally standing there watching you fight then when the enemy is close to death steps in. That is not helping you kill the enemy quicker and winning the fight quicker. You can't excuse that.

ChampionRuby50g
12-06-2017, 03:10 AM
Why is it a problem ? The kill will count for both of you ! Thats why some ppl have 20 kills !

It's a problem because now you are getting marginally less renown for all your hard work, the teammate is getting all the rewards for you. The point is it's annoying to get your rewards (feats and renown) stolen by a teammate.

CandleInTheDark
12-06-2017, 03:35 AM
It's a problem because now you are getting marginally less renown for all your hard work, the teammate is getting all the rewards for you. The point is it's annoying to get your rewards (feats and renown) stolen by a teammate.

That only really applies if you are playing an assassin though doesn't it? Since the assassin gets his renown for kill chains which require the last damage and 1v1 kills. If you're anyone else the assist counts as much as the kill since your main renown boost comes by other means.

I mean yeah it can be annoying, I have had to learn if I want the kill as a peacekeeper I better land a heavy rather than let an opponent bleed out because someone else might decide they want the execution, but outside that in dominion, any time you spend fighting is time either a zone is white or you aren't soldier killing or attacking an enemy zone.

UbiJurassic
12-06-2017, 03:58 AM
There's usually a fine line between helping by not participating in a fight and helping by participating. Despite their best intentions, some players may not be familiar with certain heroes movesets and know when to engage and when not to. I've certainly had my fair share of teammates knock an enemy out of Gladiator's Skewer early. When actions like that happen in-game, try your best to educate them in a helpful way so they can better identify how best to help you in a fight.

RoosterIlluzion
12-06-2017, 05:49 AM
The "I am helping" guy is more or less the person who has no clue what they are doing. They are too afraid to take an objective because they aren't confident enough to take the person off it or don't want to be alone and too lazy to wave clear minions so instead he will try to "assist" you while you are fighting someone.

It's not even a planned hit, just randomly flail at the enemy, not getting the killing blow because he interrupted my heavy with his light, and now that the system knows the opponent is getting 2v1, he instantly gets revenge,pops it, and kills us both... yea thanks.

Sure people need to know how to gank if they're going to do it but what i'm saying is that if it takes you that long to kill somebody to the point that that extra hit lets them pop revenge then that's not on your teammate, that's on you. Sure they could have gone somewhere else but they decided to help you. I rarely have this happen when i run in and finish off the opponent.

Also, expecting your teammate to know exactly what to do when two of you are facing one of them is hard if you're not communicating, which could be the main issue. they don't know what you're doing, you don't know what they're doing, so it might as well be as much your fault if the guy that pops revenge kills the two of you.

It's easy to blame other players when that happens but you also have to think what you could have done differently to make sure you kill the said revenge popped opponent, especially if it's blatantly clear that your teammate doesn't know how to gank.

I've had my fair share of kills stolen and i just don't care. Thank you teammate for potentially saving my *** if that had gone wrong. I've also had plenty of teammates jump in when they didn't need to and given the enemy free revenge, but that doesn't really effect the fight as long as you know to back up and let it time out until you start up the gank again. surviving revenge is not that hard.

Really? One ****ing hit is too long for you? Back the **** up and let people finish what they start. 90% of those *******es like you hit teammates and lose the fight. I've seen it happen quite a lot. That's why the HELP chat is available. If I need help, I'll use it.

King_of_games-SP
12-06-2017, 06:13 PM
Another ridiculous claim ive seen made is that "i took to long to kill my opponent".
Yeah of course its gonna take me awhile when im shugoki/highlander and it takes me a day and half to swing my weapon. People who frequently "steal kills" are just spazzy players who think that having the high score makes them better than you, the kind of scummy player who thinks swinging wildly is the best way to beat someone in an outnumbered situation, instead of going for a grab to make it literally impossible to block for the would be victim, they keep swinging as much as possible until the guys gets revenge and kills them and possibly me

Normally i dont mind "kill stealing" since when im in a 4v4 mode i cant realistically expect to land the finishing blow every time. But yeah when your idea of helping me is standing in the background to lunge forward and steal my execution at the last moment, that is the opposite of helpful, and its kind of a loser mentality, it shows that your not confident enough to go and secure your own kill and you have no respect for my abilities to play and assume i cant pull my own weight on the team.

CandleInTheDark
12-06-2017, 06:20 PM
Another ridiculous claim ive seen made is that "i took to long to kill my opponent".
Yeah of course its gonna take me awhile when im shugoki/highlander and it takes me a day and half to swing my weapon. People who frequently "steal kills" are just spazzy players who think that having the high score makes them better than you, the kind of scummy player who thinks swinging wildly is the best way to beat someone in an outnumbered situation, instead of going for a grab to make it literally impossible to block for the would be victim, they keep swinging as much as possible until the guys gets revenge and kills them and possibly me

Normally i dont mind "kill stealing" since when im in a 4v4 mode i cant realistically expect to land the finishing blow every time. But yeah when your idea of helping me is standing in the background to lunge forward and steal my execution at the last moment, that is the opposite of helpful, and its kind of a loser mentality, it shows that your not confident enough to go and secure your own kill and you have no respect for my abilities to play and assume i cant pull my own weight on the team.

I try not to land the execution blow when it is obvious that the fight is well in hand but if I see a reasonable opportunity to speed things along, I will. And no kills do not matter usually, there is an asterisk though in that if I am playing an assassin, the more kills I get the last hit on, the quicker I can help the team with my higher tier feats which is why it is more annoying when it is people who see someone bleeding out and decide they want to see their raider's execution.

Xaviloga
12-06-2017, 07:46 PM
Sorry bit if i see my teammate full HP and his rival with the shield over his head blinking, then i dont "help". To me is more important dont bother ppl than win a match or get a better score.

ChampionRuby50g
12-06-2017, 08:21 PM
That only really applies if you are playing an assassin though doesn't it? Since the assassin gets his renown for kill chains which require the last damage and 1v1 kills. If you're anyone else the assist counts as much as the kill since your main renown boost comes by other means.

I mean yeah it can be annoying, I have had to learn if I want the kill as a peacekeeper I better land a heavy rather than let an opponent bleed out because someone else might decide they want the execution, but outside that in dominion, any time you spend fighting is time either a zone is white or you aren't soldier killing or attacking an enemy zone.

I would disagree. Assist renown ranges from 4-7 in my experience. If it was just you who got that kill, 10 renown for the kill, 7 for an execution and potentially another 10 renown as the honorable bonus. 27 renown compared to 4-7, substantial difference.

CandleInTheDark
12-06-2017, 09:23 PM
I would disagree. Assist renown ranges from 4-7 in my experience. If it was just you who got that kill, 10 renown for the kill, 7 for an execution and potentially another 10 renown as the honorable bonus. 27 renown compared to 4-7, substantial difference.

Ah fair point, I mostly just play the objective, I can only really say I keep an eye on it as an assassin given that it is what I need to look out for to get my bonuses.

ChampionRuby50g
12-06-2017, 09:29 PM
Ah fair point, I mostly just play the objective, I can only really say I keep an eye on it as an assassin given that it is what I need to look out for to get my bonuses.

I get where you are coming from, as it really does benefit Assassins the most. I think you as an Assassin would get 17+ renown for the honorable bonus, but my LB gets around 10 give or take.

RoosterIlluzion
12-06-2017, 11:11 PM

Yup. Most of the time if I see a teammate fighting alone, even when they're struggling, I'll only GB and throw the enemy so my teammate can catch their breath for a second and calm down. They usually finish the fight with a win, with a sliver of health. I know that gives them a feeling of relief, but also confidence in their skills to fight alone.

CandleInTheDark
12-06-2017, 11:48 PM
I get where you are coming from, as it really does benefit Assassins the most. I think you as an Assassin would get 17+ renown for the honorable bonus, but my LB gets around 10 give or take.

Then the extra you get for advancing a kill chain which I assume is a similar proportioned bonus to the 1v1 bonus, I will have to have a proper look next time I take an assassin in followed by a none assassin.

JadeBosson.
12-06-2017, 11:53 PM
if you were to GB or throw an enemy i'd expect you to at least finish em off or help me fight em - if you didn't I'd prob let ya get jumped tbh

RoosterIlluzion
12-07-2017, 06:37 AM
Sorry bit if i see my teammate full HP and his rival with the shield over his head blinking, then i dont "help". To me is more important dont bother ppl than win a match or get a better score.

if you were to GB or throw an enemy i'd expect you to at least finish em off or help me fight em - if you didn't I'd prob let ya get jumped tbh

That usually doesn't happen. Especially with BOTs. Next time you're fighting one, and a friend comes to help, you'll notice the BOT stays targeted on you while your friend easily hacks away. Same when I GB a teammate's opponent.
As far as doing that against players, usually they'll try to run if they notice I just throw them aside and don't attack. But those brave enough to fight us 2 v 1, it's 50/50... I've had fights that my teammate & I get killed, and some where we work in perfect synchronicity & the enemy dies fast.

Devils-_-legacy
12-07-2017, 09:17 AM
I try to help my team secure there kill by gbing wall splat or somehing similar unless my team goes into crit then I normally stand between the enemy and my team to save them but if a team mate takes my kill or mindlessly attacks and give them revenge (normally a team mate thats rep 0-10) i wouldn't second guess taking a step back and let them get killed

Playing_Mantis
12-07-2017, 11:17 AM
Maybe we need a player control stat that gives xp and numbers for not jumping into a fight when your next to an opponent that doe not need u :D stretch but yea....