PDA

View Full Version : Daily Orders & Contract Orders - How to Make Them Better

bob333e
12-05-2017, 03:15 AM
I originally posted this text under another thread under "Suggestions", thought to transition this to here also, would love some thoughtful discussions on this.

My take on orders:

- Daily orders Steel rewards should be upped to around 1500 Steel, from 800 Steel. And the daily orders should be a bit more than "do 2 matches" and "execute 3 heroes".

- Contract orders should yield at least 1000XP, from the minimum of 750 XP.

- Contract orders overall Steel rewards (if you complete them all) should be upped to around 1000 Steel, from the 700-900 current range

- Contract orders should be choosable (6 max) based on what the player prefers, from a list of maybe 15 contract orders. Upon picking 6 orders, the unpicked orders are gone, and the whole list refills in the next due refresh time.

- Introduce "loot orders". Orders that only reward specific loot, and hence save the players unnecessary grinding to get the desired look for a chest/helm/blade/hilt etc. No extra XP or Steel here.

- Introduce a weekly "gold contract", RNG-generated that involves a really hard task to complete but rewards twice as much Steel and XP. Before the weekly Warriors Den meeting. And then during Warriors Den, do a "hero of the week" for someone (one per platform maybe) for having done the gold contract in the least time possible or whatever. People like these simple recognitions.

- Introduce events where it's possible to buy orders using Salvage. Maybe once every season release. And players can buy like 6 max, same limit as the normal contract orders. And these orders don't have an expiration time, players can save them for a Double XP weekend (which usually comes after every new season release).

Tyrjo
12-05-2017, 06:08 PM
Good suggestions but I doubt steel will be increased on contract orders. I also think orders will/should stay random and not be selectable because they are there to stir the pot making players play something else than their main.

I really think the team should pick up the idea of the weekly order though.

bob333e
12-06-2017, 01:50 AM
Thanks for the feedback, yeah they're likely not to increase Steel gain, however players should be free to choose whether they want to strictly specialize, or check out several heroes and play them constantly every 2 days at least (because of some orders).

Right on with the weekly gold contract, I think it's a good idea and I hope it sees the light of day.

JadeBosson.
12-06-2017, 03:11 AM
Like it dunno what warriors den is tho

UbiJurassic
12-06-2017, 04:01 AM
Thanks for forwarding the suggestion, Fady117! I'll make sure that it's noted and passed along to the team. I'd love to hear more people's thoughts on his ideas.

mrmistark
12-06-2017, 05:38 AM
- (first 3 bullets in one) Well, honestly the amount of time it takes to rank up in this game is rediculous. I agree that almost all orders at the very least (preferably the xp from game modes too) should be at least doubled. Ive been playing since beta. Im a causal player averaging about an hour a day, sometimes more: enough to complete all of the contracts. The problem is, if you dont commit a dubious amount of time into this game youll be stuck where I am, nearly a year into the game and just making it to overall rep of 35 and thats being rep 1-2 on the majority of the roster with a couple 5s, 4s and my Kensei at 9. The lower levels are easy to get to. All reps should be the same to level up to imo.

- as far as orders go I mean, technically we do already pick them by equipping then, but I know what you mean. I think Id rather keep the randomness and instead have like 3 you can swap out a day for a random new order.

- I love the idea of loot orders, Id be cool to allow the possibility of lower tiers to get the next tier of gear in the drop. Itd help new players and those like me who like to dabble in each character but are behind on the curve when it comes to gear and give an incentive. Just a thought though, either way its an awesome idea.

-the weekly gold contract sounds legit, I have an idea with this that Id like to tie into the next bullet though so Ill save my thoughts. As far as a hero of the week, that also sounds cool, it would never be me, and so really Im indifferent but it would indeed add something to the game.

- events using salvage to buy orders. Here is my big idea I just thought of while writing this:

Here it goes: instead of increasing xp and gold like I said previously Id be ok if you introduce a mentor/master custom to each faction who gives you challenges. These challenges are special orders. The orders arent a reachable completion type, its more of a how many executions/kills/offerings/zones/victories/game mode completions/revives/Ect. Can you get this week? And each time you do something correlated with the challenge. There would be set difficulty tiers you can choose from that reward a bigger xp and steel multiplier. say it was how many kills can you get? As an obvious easy difficulty. Youd get an added 1% xp and steel drop per kill. Medium difficulty would be 3% xp and gold boost for executions, honorable kills per game and what not. Hard would be claims, zone captures, revives and the like for 5% per. You could also introduce kill streaks into this as well. After the week is up and the timer is out you can go to him and bring (give up) him salvage (a fair cost of salvage and previously set when selected as your challenge) as trophies of your progress, and he will give you a random drop/effect/ornament much like in ranked duel.

bob333e
12-06-2017, 03:11 PM
Thanks for forwarding the suggestion, Fady117! I'll make sure that it's noted and passed along to the team. I'd love to hear more people's thoughts on his ideas.

Thank you so much, good sir! it's reassuring to know, I am able to provide helpful, logical, and beneficial suggestions for the overall improvement of For Honor. I'd happily brainstorm more ideas if I'm ever asked more in-depth things.

- (first 3 bullets in one) Well, honestly the amount of time it takes to rank up in this game is rediculous. I agree that almost all orders at the very least (preferably the xp from game modes too) should be at least doubled. I’ve been playing since beta. I’m a causal player averaging about an hour a day, sometimes more: enough to complete all of the contracts. The problem is, if you don’t commit a dubious amount of time into this game you’ll be stuck where I am, nearly a year into the game and just making it to overall rep of 35 and that’s being rep 1-2 on the majority of the roster with a couple 5s, 4s and my Kensei at 9. The lower levels are easy to get to. All reps should be the same to level up to imo.

- as far as orders go I mean, technically we do already “pick them” by equipping then, but I know what you mean. I think I’d rather keep the randomness and instead have like 3 you can swap out a day for a random new order.

- I love the idea of loot orders, I’d be cool to allow the possibility of lower tiers to get the next tier of gear in the drop. It’d help new players and those like me who like to dabble in each character but are behind on the curve when it comes to gear and give an incentive. Just a thought though, either way it’s an awesome idea.

-the weekly gold contract sounds legit, I have an idea with this that I’d like to tie into the next bullet though so I’ll save my thoughts. As far as a hero of the week, that also sounds cool, it would never be me, and so really I’m indifferent but it would indeed add something to the game.

- events using salvage to buy orders. Here is my big idea I just thought of while writing this:

Here it goes: instead of increasing xp and gold like I said previously I’d be ok if you introduce a mentor/master custom to each faction who gives you challenges. These challenges are special orders. The orders aren’t a reachable completion type, it’s more of a “how many executions/kills/offerings/zones/victories/game mode completions/revives/Ect. Can you get this week?” And each time you do something correlated with the challenge. There would be set difficulty tiers you can choose from that reward a bigger xp and steel multiplier. say it was “how many kills can you get?” As an obvious easy difficulty. You’d get an added 1% xp and steel drop per kill. Medium difficulty would be 3% xp and gold boost for executions, honorable kills per game and what not. Hard would be claims, zone captures, revives and the like for 5% per. You could also introduce kill streaks into this as well. After the week is up and the timer is out you can go to him and bring (give up) him salvage (a fair cost of salvage and previously set when selected as your challenge) as trophies of your progress, and he will give you a random drop/effect/ornament much like in ranked duel.

What you wrote is amazing; there's definitely some complex system at work here. I agree, For Honor in general doesn't really reward players as it should. Both per match and per order. And especially in PvAI matches where you get even less XP and near-absent loot. You're often forced into PvAI because of the rampant PvP connectivity issues.

We simply equip the orders that we have been already given; we had no freedom to choose which orders we would like, to specialize on a specific hero. We're forced to do them all anyway if we want the Steel rewards; each yields around 100-150 Steel, and that's far better than three or four entire Dominion matches.

Of course all orders will be RNG-based, my point was, upon refresh time, a full list of 15 orders is presented to you; from that list, you choose six which you can all allocate to a single hero and give that single hero all the XP boosts. Then upon selecting (and equipping) six, the unpicked orders are gone, so as to not trespass the limit of six.

I really like the idea of buying orders with Salvage, however, let's not forget the insane amount of Salvage you accumulate by, say, a month of playtime. I'm pretty sure I have nearly 60K Salvage by now, if not more. And I only started For Honor early November. If you had a mentor/master for each Faction who's always readily available and accessible, this would allow you to farm orders on an insane speed and buy yourself easy leveling and easy Steel gain real fast, which would downgrade the overall level system, imo. I think it's better if you can buy orders with Salvage once per season, except that these purchased orders do not expire, and you can save them for a Double XP weekend, where they also add up with daily orders and contract orders, making for an effective 6-rep powerleveling in one weekend, as well as nearly 5K Steel in just 2 days.

Weekly ornament rewards also degrade the rarity and importance of ornaments, what's nice about ornaments is that they either cost extra Steel, or are locked with an expensive Mythic outfit, or are tournament rewards; it means they're harder to reach than other things. It's nice to wear something and show off that you were able to unlock it etc. Being rewarded these ornaments randomly, on a weekly basis, will just remove the overall impact they have on your character's look.

On top of all that; let's not forget the rampant P2P issues (which, hopefully, will be solved with dedicated servers next year). Constant disconnects and server connection errors while you're trying to complete a challenge (as you've stated) is bound to yield even more frustration among the playerbase. Plus it kinda forces the player to play and grind daily because it's a weekly timer and it increases rewards based on how much you accomplish; forcing players into completing things with an accumulative set deadline, in a game like For Honor, is bad imo.

Thanks a lot for your discussion, if you have more thoughts on this, feel free to share them! :)

bananaflow2017
12-06-2017, 03:28 PM
I have a dream. 1 day fh will be an open world PvP based MMORPG.
Every faction got theire territorys. U fight on daily events for castles. During the other time u play battlegrounds so u can collect with it xp items and some material that helps u conquering castles.
You can also do some pve in the open world or maybe a pair of dungeons as a "Campagne". Otherwise nobody needs pve XD.
U can meet players nearly everywhere for fights in the open world. Also everybody needs a horse he can ride :).
1 time u chose a faction u cant change it with that character. (Or the class Sets the faction idc).

Ok guys i know this is kinda weird but I titally love the idea...

bob333e
12-06-2017, 03:35 PM
I have a dream. 1 day fh will be an open world PvP based MMORPG.
Every faction got theire territorys. U fight on daily events for castles. During the other time u play battlegrounds so u can collect with it xp items and some material that helps u conquering castles.
You can also do some pve in the open world or maybe a pair of dungeons as a "Campagne". Otherwise nobody needs pve XD.
U can meet players nearly everywhere for fights in the open world. Also everybody needs a horse he can ride :).
1 time u chose a faction u cant change it with that character. (Or the class Sets the faction idc).

Ok guys i know this is kinda weird but I titally love the idea...

That's far off-topic from what is being presented in this thread, but hey, it's not a bad idea! only... its implementation will be near-impossible to achieve, imo. For Honor was never meant to be open-world, the rules and laws and mechanics of the game simply don't allow you to freeroam at will. And the horse riding sequences in Story Mode were really bad and totally on autopilot. I've played games that had far better horse riding mechanics, and if anything, they'd do well to implement Assassins Creed's horse riding physics into For Honor, for instance.

But again, it's all too far-fetched. One can still hope though.

bananaflow2017
12-06-2017, 03:56 PM
That's far off-topic from what is being presented in this thread, but hey, it's not a bad idea! only... its implementation will be near-impossible to achieve, imo. For Honor was never meant to be open-world, the rules and laws and mechanics of the game simply don't allow you to freeroam at will. And the horse riding sequences in Story Mode were really bad and totally on autopilot. I've played games that had far better horse riding mechanics, and if anything, they'd do well to implement Assassins Creed's horse riding physics into For Honor, for instance.

But again, it's all too far-fetched. One can still hope though.

Yes sorry i know my idea was from more far away than madonnas children...
But to the orders:
I really like the idea to swap materials for orders. Basicly i like swapping materials for anything cuz i really dont know what to do with it...

bob333e
12-06-2017, 04:00 PM
Yes sorry i know my idea was from more far away than madonnas children...
But to the orders:
I really like the idea to swap materials for orders. Basicly i like swapping materials for anything cuz i really dont know what to do with it...

No need for apologies, this a thread intended for healthy discussions around the matter.

And yes, Salvage definitely needs more usefulness to it.