PDA

View Full Version : I'm coming back and have few questions

Epoqx
12-04-2017, 11:14 PM
Hiya,

I'm really thinking about coming back into the game for the S4, but i'd really like to know few things before. For information, i left when they started the changes on chip damage and stuff for the defensive meta.

- What has been done about the defensive meta ? Is the "dreamy defensive meta fix" finally out ?

- Did the Samurais got their promised buffs ? And what about Kensei ?

- How is the Aramusha overall ? Close to **** tier or top tier ? And compared to Kensei (so I can judge by myself which arguments i'll believe more than others) ?

- Is the Tournament mode still bugged or playable ?

Thank you.

Epoqx.

Fairemont
12-04-2017, 11:36 PM
TLDR: No.

Point 1: No.

Point 2: No.

Point 3: Upper rather than Lower.

Point 4: Seemed fine to me when I tried it.

Expanded:

Point 1. Pretty sure the defensive meta is still going strong but its clear that is being worked on. The new Shaman is good against turtles (typically) and the Aramusha tends to be turtled against but can be slaughtered by heavy offense with even mediocre feinting skills (personal opinion).

Point 2: Not yet, but there are reworks coming real soon. Don't think any samurai are on the first docket for fixes but I might be mistaken. So, Kensei will likely receive a revision soon which could be good or bad. He's not in a terrible place right now if you really take advantage of some of his less straight-forward kit.

Point 3. Aramusha is, apparently, really good on console due to having the ability to infinitely chain light attacks. This is primarily a concern for assassins that rely on reflex block. On PC he's not really that big of a deal. His infinite combos lack range so a back-dodge can get you out of its way real fast and allow you to punish him. His feints are what make him really tough. If you like Kensei, who seems to rely on feints, you'll like Aramusha for that bit. They play fairly differently overall (from observation).

Point 4.I've played a few tournaments. Seemed fine to me. Never ran into any problems. So, this is potentially fixed.

Best wishes. Hope to see you out there.

David_gorda
12-04-2017, 11:41 PM
Defensive meta is still here and nothing really changed yet. 2 new classes are strong offensive and good at breaking up turtles. No real buffs for samurai. Not sure when you left but kensai can faster go to unblockable mixups then when he was released. Hard to tell aramushas tier, probably midtier, he doesnt have an unblockable opener but very fast lights. Good in low midtier mmr but i doubt he Will be good in high tier competive duels. Kensai is Worse then Aramusha, still bottom tier.

Epoqx
12-05-2017, 12:05 AM
Thank you guys for your feedbacks, i really appreciate it.

Seems like i'll try hard with the Ara as much as with my beloved Kensei.

So definitively, that Ubi team is horribly slow.

Any huge interesting changes since ? Except the new mode ?

Vakris_One
12-05-2017, 12:06 AM
Hiya,

I'm really thinking about coming back into the game for the S4, but i'd really like to know few things before. For information, i left when they started the changes on chip damage and stuff for the defensive meta.

- What has been done about the defensive meta ? Is the "dreamy defensive meta fix" finally out ?
Not yet but almost. Chip damage is in, the last bar of health regen is out and when out of stamina even if you block an enemy's attacks they still chain together. We're still waiting on the parry changes and possibly some more OOS changes.

- Did the Samurais got their promised buffs ? And what about Kensei ?
Nope. Kensei rework is coming soon however along with a Conq and Zerker rework.

- How is the Aramusha overall ? Close to **** tier or top tier ? And compared to Kensei (so I can judge by myself which arguments i'll believe more than others) ?
He's in the middle in my opinion. He's better than Kensei (who isn't to be honest?) but he's very average. Once an opponent turtles him he has very few options available to him.

- Is the Tournament mode still bugged or playable

Thank you.

Epoqx.
Duel Tournament is certainly playable now but a bit lacking in player numbers. Dominion Tournament was completely dead as soon as it came out and hasn't really improved since - nobody is playing it because there are no exclusive rewards and there is no tournament style mode to make it different from normal Dom thereby there is zero incentive to play it.

CandleInTheDark
12-05-2017, 02:27 AM
The thing with the parry changes is that the PC community pretty much torpedoed them in feedback. Most of the other changes ubi trialled are in but people didn't like the reward (because they were short sighted and said it would make centurion a nightmare), didn't like that light was same as the heavy reward and didn't like the bit that benefited the player the most in that revenge attacks were unparryable and that in OOS state parry was not possible because it took away their parry baiting.