PDA

View Full Version : How to fix light spam..

gj4063
12-04-2017, 03:59 PM
make it do minimal damage and only be useful to start a combo and act as an interrupt. Problem solved. Class rework required.

gj4063
12-04-2017, 04:04 PM
and why this is necessary...

Face it, no amount of netcode tweaking or dedicated servers are going to get this game to the point where the *majority* of human beings playing this game are able to parry lights. It's not going to happen. Cure the frustration ubi.

David_gorda
12-04-2017, 04:17 PM
Hyperarmor and fullblock stance on new classes. mindless spaming Of 400ms attacks has No place in a skillbased fighting Game.

Vakris_One
12-04-2017, 04:18 PM
I couldn't parry lights at first either but eventually I got used to them and can now parry them more or less confidently. The PK's lights are the only ones that give me trouble. As for damagae-wise, pretty much all of the game's fastest light attack do in fact do minimal damage with the exception of Kensei's top light.

Vakris_One
12-04-2017, 04:19 PM
Hyperarmor and fullblock stance on new classes. mindless spaming Of 400ms attacks has No place in a skillbased fighting Game.
Have you tried playing Aramusha yet?

David_gorda
12-04-2017, 04:31 PM
Have you tried playing Aramusha yet?no i dont play spamclasses, find it boring and unfair to other players on console. I dont think aramusha is op but boring and very hard to defend lightspam.

Vakris_One
12-04-2017, 04:49 PM
no i dont play spamclasses, find it boring and unfair to other players on console. I dont think aramusha is op but boring and very hard to defend lightspam.
If you haven't even played him then how do you expect to understand how he works and how to beat him? You'd rather just cry on the forums for weeks in a pointless attempt to get the devs to make him easy for you to kill. But why should the devs listen to people who don't even know what they're talking about?

By calling him a "spam class" you show to me that you don't even understand what spam is. If you try playing him you will understand that he is not just mindlessly spamming one button. If he was a spam class he would just be throwing out a super fast attack from the same direction over and over - spamming means a player is using only one single move over and over until he wins. If you actually played Aramusha and understood his moves you wouldn't be having such a hard time against him.

And please don't use console as an excuse. It has already been proven that light attacks are not impossible to block on console:

https://youtu.be/e0DhXKKp4wA

David_gorda
12-04-2017, 04:58 PM
I can block aramusha on console but not consistent because latency. Have no problem beating him 1vs1 either except when he gets lucky and spam me to death. I dont need to play all Classes to Know how to counter them Either. Is aramusha a boring noob friendly spam Class? Yes! Is he op? No!

gj4063
12-04-2017, 05:18 PM
If you haven't even played him then how do you expect to understand how he works and how to beat him? You'd rather just cry on the forums for weeks in a pointless attempt to get the devs to make him easy for you to kill. But why should the devs listen to people who don't even know what they're talking about?

By calling him a "spam class" you show to me that you don't even understand what spam is. If you try playing him you will understand that he is not just mindlessly spamming one button. If he was a spam class he would just be throwing out a super fast attack from the same direction over and over - spamming means a player is using only one single move over and over until he wins. If you actually played Aramusha and understood his moves you wouldn't be having such a hard time against him.

And please don't use console as an excuse. It has already been proven that light attacks are not impossible to block on console:

You either missed or just ignored the part where i said the MAJORITY of players do not have the reaction time to deal with light spam or light attack feint game on console, even when everyone at the time has a low latency connection. Insert one assassin with leggy internet on console and LOL!!!!!

Cheerlead less, pal. Git gud attitude and defending blatant problems isn't attracting more players to this game.

JediGamerFurius
12-04-2017, 05:20 PM

Don't waste your time, he will not listen. He just trolling again, foruns moderator should do something about him.

David_gorda
12-04-2017, 05:24 PM
^ reported to mods, No need to be rude just because you disagree with me.

JediGamerFurius
12-04-2017, 05:24 PM
You either missed or just ignored the part where i said the MAJORITY of players do not have the reaction time to deal with light spam or light attack feint game on console, even when everyone at the time has a low latency connection. Insert one assassin with leggy internet on console and LOL!!!!!

Cheerlead less, pal. Git gud attitude and defending blatant problems isn't attracting more players to this game.

Laggy internet its not an excuse for nerf heroes. Peer to peer will be replaced, the Devs will implement dedicated servers. Nerf heroes are not going to attract players either.

Vakris_One
12-04-2017, 05:25 PM
I can block aramusha on console but not consistent because latency. Have no problem beating him 1vs1 either except when he gets lucky and spam me to death. I dont need to play all Classes to Know how to counter them Either. Is aramusha a boring noob friendly spam Class? Yes! Is he op? No!
So if you can beat him then I don't really see your problem with him. Yeah, I can get caught off guard by his infinite chain sometimes as well. Anybody can just like with any character. Heck I've been caught out by Highlanders and Kensei's when I wasn't focused enough. But that's on you/me/everyone for getting caught out, it shouldn't be used to say the character is to blame.

That's your opinion of him and fair enough. In my opinion the Shaman is the noob friendly class whereas Aramusha you have to spend time working out how to get into his flow. Because no other character has that kind of chain and soft cancel mixups therefore there is no frame of reference one can rely on to get used to playing him quickly with any degree of usefulness. You have to spend some time learning Aramusha whereas Shaman is ready to go right out of the box because she has almost everyone's moveset. As for boring? Both new characters are quite interesting to fight against and play as in my opinion. There are far more boring classes to fight against such as Conq and LB and far more boring classes to play like Warden.

David_gorda
12-04-2017, 05:28 PM
So if you can beat him then I don't really see your problem with him. Yeah, I can get caught off guard by his infinite chain sometimes as well. Anybody can just like with any character. Heck I've been caught out by Highlanders and Kensei's when I wasn't focused enough. But that's on you/me/everyone for getting caught out, it shouldn't be used to say the character is to blame.

That's your opinion of him and fair enough. In my opinion the Shaman is the noob friendly class whereas Aramusha you have to spend time working out how to get into his flow. Because no other character has that kind of chain and soft cancel mixups therefore there is no frame of reference one can rely on to get used to playing him quickly with any degree of usefulness. You have to spend some time learning Aramusha whereas Shaman is ready to go right out of the box because she has almost everyone's moveset. As for boring? Both new characters are quite interesting to fight against and play as in my opinion. There are far more boring classes to fight against such as Conq and LB and far more boring classes to play like Warden. yeah i think both shaman and aramusha are noob friendly. Shaman op aramusha not. I just wish they could do some design changed to aramusha. Give him some way open from neutral and change the infinite spam to some intresting mix ups instead IMO.

JediGamerFurius
12-04-2017, 05:29 PM

That's your opinion of him and fair enough. In my opinion the Shaman is the noob friendly class whereas Aramusha you have to spend time working out how to get into his flow. Because no other character has that kind of chain and soft cancel mixups therefore there is no frame of reference one can rely on to get used to playing him quickly with any degree of usefulness. You have to spend some time learning Aramusha whereas Shaman is ready to go right out of the box because she has almost everyone's moveset. As for boring? Both new characters are quite interesting to fight against and play as in my opinion. There are far more boring classes to fight against such as Conq and LB and far more boring classes to play like Warden.

Warden, orochi, conq... all these classes needs rework. I got bored of my orochi and my warden, can't wait to see them improved.

Vakris_One
12-04-2017, 05:33 PM

Connection problems are a seperate issue from character balance so you mixing the two is not logical. The devs are hardly going to design their characters around how flaky people's internet connections are or how messy their own P2P system is.

Yeah sure, cheerleading. The go to phrase a whinger uses as a faux safety net when they can't defend their argument with any degree of intelligence. Try again dude. I've been here criticising this game and calling the devs up on their faults far longer than you have.

bob333e
12-04-2017, 05:35 PM

You and the likes of you constantly whining about the game's improvements, and throwing blatant excuses and senseless argumentation, instead of looking at your own faults and deciding to improve and practice, and patiently wait for dedicated servers, isn't going to attract more players either.

JediGamerFurius
12-04-2017, 05:38 PM
^ reported to mods, No need to be rude just because you disagree with me.

Rude? I'm not rude and yes you are trolling. You don't have any argment then "spam noob class". There are videos, hints, help from players (even for me if I got xbox), but no, I just REFUSE all. And keep trolling only to nerf a hero wich you REFUSE to even try to understand.

bob333e
12-04-2017, 05:40 PM
Rude? I'm not rude and yes you are trolling. You don't have any argment then "spam noob class". There are videos, hints, help from players (even for me if I got xbox), but no, I just REFUSE all. And keep trolling only to nerf a hero wich you REFUSE to even try to understand.

Don't worry, they already know about this guy. He's been reported several times. And they likely will disregard any reports coming from him, lol. He's just trolling even further with that sentence.

Okita_Soji..
12-04-2017, 05:43 PM
For the most part I can hold my own against both new heros 1v1, my issue is the 4v4 games that they are way strong. It doesn't take skill to double team using the infinite combo which is what I found to be happening quite frequently. I know ganking is what happens but with those new heros 2v1 is just ridiculous. Of all the new heros that have released these two are the worst for those modes. Adding poison, cant be thrown to the ground, endless stamina, etc..aramusha can dominate in dominion. Shamen are tough if they get bleed on you as you get tackled out of no where, from the side, from the other side of the map, etc. I never have gotten so disgusted with playing this game as I have this season. Even season 2 cent's I could deal with but now if I see a game that has multiples of the new heros I don't even want to play.

bob333e
12-04-2017, 05:47 PM
Aramusha's issue in 4v4s is his Rocksteady feat, which counters (and breaks) several of the game's rules, laws, and mechanics. It's likely to get looked at pretty soon. It's logical to readjust his feat seeing as it doesn't conform to how For Honor combat works in overall.