PDA

View Full Version : Hellooooo Reddit

Haplo_Bane
12-04-2017, 01:24 AM
I'm an oldish man that has just discovered reddit. Why did I waste some time here? Because I was ignorant. Goodbye spammy forum. Goodbye uninformative moderators. Goodbye blind fanboys and moronic complainers alike. Sorry to have wasted each others time.

Ackturi
12-04-2017, 01:27 AM
Say hello to all the same things on reddit! Oh wait at least devs read that instead of this...

Saml84
12-04-2017, 02:24 AM
Yea idk why the devs seem to rather go on Reddit than their own forums.

Vakris_One
12-04-2017, 04:51 AM
I'll give Reddit this; their forum doesn't get buried in bot accounts spamming junk threads every 3 hours of every day and Eric Pope posts there. No offense to the Ubi reps here, they are fantastic community reps and great human beings! However I've never seen a single official dev post on here since the For Honor forum was created and that's just strange to me. Why they would rather use Reddit exclusively than their own official forum for all things communication-wise is beyond me. They don't even use this place to repost relevant information.

Other than that there's no real difference to the "eccentricities" of the community except maybe that the competitive players all hang out at the For Honor Reddit and they generally tend to be a much more calm and collected crowd and less emotional or toxic. For the most part anyway.

ChampionRuby50g
12-04-2017, 05:19 AM
Catch ya later, Platonic Hater.

Dead1y-Derri
12-04-2017, 08:55 AM
I suppose the For Honor community is a little bigger on reddit than on here? It seems there is a lot more people looking at reddit since they've already got an account and they can switch between sub reddits easily. Whereas this only offers Ubi games.

Vordred
12-04-2017, 11:25 AM
is annoying that the devs seem to favour looking at Reddit over their own forums, it was something i noticed about the warrior dens, was that all the stuff and questions they address always come from Reddit.

Vakris_One
12-04-2017, 04:06 PM
It seems to be a common thing in the industry for devs to use Reddit instead of their own game's forum. Maybe it's easier for them to just have their Reddit account and don't want to bother making an account for their own forums. Who knows. I for one can't be bothered to make yet another account for yet another forum so I tend to hang around the game's official forum.