PDA

View Full Version : Sort of a rant but not really

CheekyKemosabe
12-03-2017, 11:20 PM
I may not suffer from disconnects, but connectivity is still something that effects my gameplay in a big way.

I'm a little salty right now, not at the player i just fought, or the ranking system or anything like that, just the connectivity. I can deal with maybe missing a hit or two because of lag, but when a whole match goes through and i can't even see what's happening while it's happening, it pisses me off just a tad bit.

you see, i've been playing a bit of ranked, just to see where i'm at skill wise. I was so excited today when, after my twenty matches, i actually made diamond 1 (with my berserker no less.)

However, as my matches have been progressing the lag has been getting worse and worse with every round. I've lost several matches today, and as a result my ranking, just because in the middle of the fight, my opponent teleports from one position to the next and to the next, dishing out moves i don't even see until they've landed. Each time i just to see how the connection is between myself and the other player and supposedly it's green across the board.

So why does this keep happening? Here's a little sample. Kutos to GreenWarkiller25, I'm not blaming him for what was going on on my end and i'm sure he would have beaten me anyway, he was pretty damn good for a shinobi. But still, i think i would feel a little better and maybe last a little longer in a round if i could actually see what was going on.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KP3VLqJwUe0&feature=youtu.be

I understand that dedicated servers are on the way, but can we get some insight as to what the team is doing right now to improve the current P2P system? what they've improved, are planning to improve or even things they can't improve? I just want some closure so i can stop contemplating on whether or not to give up ranked entirely until we do get dedicated servers.

Arekonator
12-04-2017, 02:33 AM
"Connectivity has improved A LOT!"
I am running into these weird teleports over the course of last two weeks. Didnt really happened before since beta.

bob333e
12-04-2017, 05:38 PM
I relate, these P2P connections aren't ideal. Especially for a fast-paced, action-critical combat game like For Honor. I've had these teleports happen to me too. Crossing fingers for dedicated servers and possibly the re-implementation of the timesnap thing.

Bracus_Maximus
12-04-2017, 10:05 PM
Yes this happens daily in every day be it a duel or a 4v4. And i encountered even bigger lag than this. Or the game just stalls as i see it runs on like 15-20fps( my fps counter is on normal tho ) so i cant even block lights.
This is on pc where i have green nat all the time, no other net usage and on cable with my fps about 100. And i cant do anything about that just wait for the match to be ended because of the quiter's penality. And the saddest thing is almost a year have passed since release...

UbiInsulin
12-04-2017, 10:39 PM
I understand that dedicated servers are on the way, but can we get some insight as to what the team is doing right now to improve the current P2P system? what they've improved, are planning to improve or even things they can't improve? I just want some closure so i can stop contemplating on whether or not to give up ranked entirely until we do get dedicated servers.

Hey seaners! When we announced the shift to dedicated servers, we mentioned (http://blog.ubi.com/for-honor-revamp-changes-for-season-3-4-detailed-dedicated-servers-incoming/) that one group within the online team would continue to work on refining the current architecture. I'll let the team know that players are interested in the specific nature of what that part of the online team is working on.

bob333e
12-05-2017, 01:54 AM
I may not suffer from disconnects, but connectivity is still something that effects my gameplay in a big way.

I'm a little salty right now, not at the player i just fought, or the ranking system or anything like that, just the connectivity. I can deal with maybe missing a hit or two because of lag, but when a whole match goes through and i can't even see what's happening while it's happening, it pisses me off just a tad bit.

you see, i've been playing a bit of ranked, just to see where i'm at skill wise. I was so excited today when, after my twenty matches, i actually made diamond 1 (with my berserker no less.)

However, as my matches have been progressing the lag has been getting worse and worse with every round. I've lost several matches today, and as a result my ranking, just because in the middle of the fight, my opponent teleports from one position to the next and to the next, dishing out moves i don't even see until they've landed. Each time i just to see how the connection is between myself and the other player and supposedly it's green across the board.

So why does this keep happening? Here's a little sample. Kutos to GreenWarkiller25, I'm not blaming him for what was going on on my end and i'm sure he would have beaten me anyway, he was pretty damn good for a shinobi. But still, i think i would feel a little better and maybe last a little longer in a round if i could actually see what was going on.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KP3VLqJwUe0&feature=youtu.be

See, that's one major reason why I haven't touched Ranked yet. The other major reason being, I'm awaiting further adjustments on Shaman because I know many players are going to pick her for Ranked.

I've encountered these teleport cases often, and when they happen, they've very annoying. It's not always intentional lag switch from the other player, but at times, it's intentional lag switch; if you see the signal icon turn to a disconnect icon and back to green/yellow, he's likely lag switching (or at the very least, torrenting/seeding while playing multiplayer). However in your video above there was no such disconnect icon, I can only blame the faulty P2P system and the lack of dedicated servers.

On a side note, I admire how you play Berserker! You're real fast. Kudos for mastering this hero.

CheekyKemosabe
12-05-2017, 09:54 PM
Yeah I'm done with ranked now. I've been trying to get my rank back for a couple of days now but the lag has now gotten much worse and i can't afford to be wasting that much time on this game. Even had a match where the guy didn't look like he did anything except circle me but my health was still going down and lost. Sorry, I do love this game mode but until more improvements are made i can't participate in it.