PDA

View Full Version : For Honor Year 2

Redditmember55
12-03-2017, 10:33 AM
Dear Ubisoft Team and Fellow For Honor Players,

we love this game and we want it to get better (the game has problems we know it, but this is a constructive thread about the future of For Honor)
We are preparing for Year 2, and the whole community has a big desire, in year 2 we want new heavy, vanguard and hybrid characters which are mixed from a heavy and a vanguard. The first year of For Honor was about assassins, except aramusha (fast lights assassin HP) all of the DLC characters are assassins, half assassins, or have assassin typicals. We have enough assassins, lots of variations for everybody who is an assassin lover, the next step is have big, strong warriors (heavys). Dear Ubisoft Team, gamers need variaty and fresh stuff, dont make more assassins, create heavys and vanguards, let the Year 2 be the brutal big fighters year in For Honor.

Just some ideas: Two handed warhammer warrior for the knights (lots of armor) or for the vikings, fighter with a warscythe, executioner for the knights, the samurai faction needs a heavy, but not the shugoki, an other type. Ubisoft designers, you have lots of ideas and conceptions, make them real and create heavys and vanguards.

A video, only look the two futurable heavy charachters: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RZJLyK-URoI

Dear Honor gamers, if you want new vanguards and heavys in this game help this thread, do contstructive comments.speak about it, make an open discussion.

GaelonD
12-03-2017, 10:49 AM
I totally agree with you, we need more heavys in this game, keep this thread going.

Illyrian_King
12-03-2017, 01:26 PM
I would rather hope, they focus now more on game modes and bigger scale battle stuff like a Siege Mode!

New classes are welcome, but won't help the game much, if players are bored by the core game, which is beside the connectivity the biggest problem and screwed off the main part of the player base!

Look ... new heroes are nice, but the game itself doesn't offer a lot beside the combat system and that's what the developers have to deal with in the future if the game shall succed in long term.

Proctorex
12-05-2017, 07:35 AM
Illyrian King, the Devs have lots of teams, one team is working on new game modes, an other on the connectivity, the third on the new heros. These teams work on different projects in the same time. I agree with this topic, we need more heavy characters in this game, not just assassins.

Baturai
12-05-2017, 11:02 AM
All top Tiers are mainly Vanguards. :/ what is your problem ? the only op Assassine (which doesnt even look like one) is Gladiator.

Orisoll
12-05-2017, 11:59 AM
I dig it. Just some ideas from the top of my head:

Knights:

Paladin - Heavy - mace and shield

Footman - Vanguard - spear and knife

Duelist - Hybrid - rapier and swordbreaker

Kingsguard - Heavy - warhammer

Crusader - Vanguard - arming sword and shield

Plague Doctor - Hybrid - poison hooks

Vikings

Chosen - Vanguard - one-handed hammer

Hermađur - Heavy - axe and shield

Madman - Hybrid - spiked gauntlets

Scout - Vanguard - two swords

Samurai

Monk - Vanguard - quarter staff

Ninja - Hybrid - nunchucks

Shogun - Heavy - nagamaki

Senshi - Vanguard - dadao

Mongol - Heavy - saber and shield

Iucoa
12-05-2017, 06:17 PM
I really like the idea of the Heavy Knight with the Two Handed Warhammer :D

xNioh
12-05-2017, 08:21 PM
A Spartan Will be fine for knights.
Heavy, big shield, big spear.

iso_memory
12-06-2017, 07:25 AM
All top Tiers are mainly Vanguards. :/ what is your problem ? the only op Assassine (which doesnt even look like one) is Gladiator.

Kensei is top tier? I don't even have words.
And you seriously think the Gladiator is the only good assassin? lmao
I think you're missing the point...entirely.

Redditmember55
12-06-2017, 12:45 PM
Dear Orisoll,
I love your ideas, the Devs and creators should take a note about this thread
Dear Ubisoft Forum Leaders, can we get a response from you, about the Year 2 of this game? It is quite important,
Baturai, the Kensei is not a top tier character at the moment, and you think PK, shaman are not brutal heros?

Here is an other video from Reavyne, it is about possible viking characters: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MZBplmYQ-2Q

BarbeQMichael
12-06-2017, 03:08 PM

This might be the case at lower brackets where you can stomp newbies with kensei or raider, and people don't know why assassin's dont block always and thus die, but when you go to average and upwards things turn quite the opposite.

bob333e
12-06-2017, 03:24 PM
I agree, we need more heavies and vanguards. Though I see the importance of balancing and good reworks, and the adding of dedicated servers, to be more important than adding new content. We all want more new stuff, I agree; but I'd rather have the devs focus on rebalancing the game in overall and get rid of most (if not all) of the rampant bugs and issues for at least half of 2018, before introducing new content again in late 2018.

I don't know though; they might just be able to do both at same time. In which case, yes, more vanguards and heavies, definitely.

Redditmember55
12-07-2017, 06:45 AM
Thanks for your support,
Dear Ubisoft Forum Leaders somehow response to this thread, it is important for you gamer community

Herbstlicht
12-07-2017, 07:40 AM
Something besides the general direction - where I think more heavies / vanguard would not be wrong: Ubi need stop making factions equal. Or trying to do so. They failed anyway. So in the end it is about well designed heros. For example if they can't come up with a well designed Samurai Heavy, scrap it. By now I accepted that faction won't be equal from a faction vs faction balance point of view, but I don't even care too much.
Its just important not to mess up - best example here is the highlander. Such a cool character, so utterly useless.

Playing_Mantis
12-07-2017, 11:14 AM
I do play assassin classes but i have plenty of choices. i want more heavies simply for the variety on who I'm fighting. I'm fighting assassins more than other classes it seems. i think a new straight vanguard would be great too. keep it up ubi! lets make year 2 awesome! i hope there will be another season pass...?

Stahlrusse
12-07-2017, 05:42 PM
What I would like more is to distinguish the assassins more from the heavies. Heavies don't feel like Heavies, they feel like assassins without reflex guard (Shugoki being the only exception).

Solution: Make heavies slower + either give them more damage per hit or super armor.

I_loveMemes
12-07-2017, 06:01 PM
We know for a fact that we will get a year 2 all i wanted to say and i really hope Ubisoft has think of it is that y2 should be all about vanguards/heavies because as we know y1 was all about assassins and hybrid so we lack of of the other two classes it would be really nice if we were getting a Viking or a Knight with a two-handed axe or a mace or a samurai with a shield because samurais is the only faction that doesn't have a shield character anyway that's all i just wanted to share my thoughts

PDXGorechild
12-07-2017, 06:20 PM
Samurai

Monk - Vanguard - quarter staff

Best idea i've read yet, hadn't thought of this. He could have a sweeping attack like Valkyrie, maybe a double kick where he uses the staff like a pole vault. That'd be awesome.

GaelonD
12-09-2017, 08:23 AM
Ubisoft Team,
dont ignore this post, respond to it, because your community wants this, in year 2 we only want big guys, heavys and vanguards

Dasteel1974
12-09-2017, 09:42 AM
Actually fix this sh*t. Tired of bugs, spam, glitches, disconnects, can’t join or other screw ups in the game. Sad when there have been 20 fixes and updates to the game and still jacked up. Year 2? Try to fix the fq ups from year one. That would be a good start.

PhYcE-
12-09-2017, 03:53 PM
I’d love to see this in year 2. Been playing since Alpha and have been loving every minute of it.

Vakris_One
12-10-2017, 04:32 PM
I'd like to see character reworks, bug fixes and connection problems sorted before anything new is added to the game.

After that, sure I'd go for more Vanguards and Heavy Hybrids. They tried a new kind of Heavy with the Highlander but they failed to give him either tanky health or really strong hits thus leaving him with only the worst traits of a heavy, i.e. slow as all hell. Still, his offensive stance is one of the most interesting mechanics in the game. New Vanguards and Heavies could be interesting.

BTTrinity
12-10-2017, 06:10 PM
As someone who has 2 Hybrids at rep 9 (Nobushi and Aramusha) 2 assassins (PK at rep 5, Shinobi at Rep 9) and 1 Vanguard at rep 5 (Warden, probably will play Kensei to rep 9 once his rework is out) but no heavy classes leveled (Because I don't like their character designs in the slightest) I agree with this post entirely. I always wished Highlander was a heavy :(

They need to prioritize reworking the OG cast and fixing everything else before adding anything new to the game though, Im tired of hearing "Soon"

Redditmember55
12-11-2017, 08:28 AM
Thank you for everdobys response, we can truly see that this topic is he desire of the community
Dear Ubisoft Forums Leaders, you sholud at the moment respond to this topic

D3dicatedSrv3rz
12-11-2017, 10:29 AM
See such implementations would require the Dev's to (finally) make characters that for once play by the rules of the game...

not like i suspect that they yet know what those rules are yet

Tauriar
12-11-2017, 10:52 AM
As a Heavy lover with Warlord as my main, I completly agree with this. I honestly don't find assassins fun to play in this game, and there is so much potential for heavies. But I also think the hevies are at a disadvantage with lots of people only parrying your attacks. I think it should be harder or somthing so it will be easier for hevies.

But I am also a Viking lover, and I think they should make more "viking" heroes. There is very much potential for viking heroes that are real vikings, and not som Scott. These are just my thoughts on this.

FredEx919
12-11-2017, 04:22 PM
Always good to see what you all are wanting in game. We haven't yet announced anything regarding a year 2, but I'll send this post over to the team so they have an idea of what you all are hoping for. Thanks for sharing your thoughts, everyone!

Saint_Anger64
12-30-2017, 08:40 PM
I think the Highlander should get temp HP when he lands an attack. 5 for a light and 10 for heavy. The softens the blow when trading. The HP with tick off maybe 5 to 10 seconds. This is better than just increasing Highlander HP forcing him to play well before getting to become a tank.

Rye.Bread.
12-30-2017, 08:57 PM
Hey all, I don't normally advertise threads but the OP is requesting heavies. I'll post my thread here in the hopes that it gets in.
https://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1816357-The-Inquisitor-Cometh-DEUS-VULT (https://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1816357-The-Inquisitor-Cometh-DEUS-VULT?p=13226943#post13226943)
A big heavy with some special rules. Very open to suggestions and conversation.

Saint_Anger64
12-30-2017, 08:58 PM
Gonna spit ball some ideas.
Heavy with Huge warhammer and an armored sleeve (Dreadnought )
Lights are little slow but side attacks can be canceled into a Hyper Armor Heavy from opposite side.
Heavy attacks cannot feint .
Feint button turns heavy attack into an unparrable .
Heavy attacks may knock back or knock down on counter hit (trade)

May have more later. What are your thoughts?

Hormly
12-30-2017, 11:04 PM
Last thing this game needs is more characters.

Just expand on everyones kits and ballance

OneTrueAlca
12-31-2017, 01:32 AM
Knights badly needs a hero with Sword and Shield. its super wrong not to have one.

Knights are missing a character with Full Armoured Plate with Sallet like the image below
https://i.imgur.com/skzCd0p.jpg

Heavy Armoured Spartan/ Hoplite for Knights

Chinese Ancinet Warrior with Glaive/ Dao would fit for Samurai. (Like Highlander for Vikings, Roman for Knights)

Persian / Arab Warrior

Gallic Warrior for Vikings

and hopefully all new heroes will be on par with Shaman's level. (and old casts needs to be on par too for balance purpose)

leaving characters in B/ C / trash tier is pointless for competitive reasons.

David_Meadows
12-31-2017, 04:27 AM
Most people focus on the multiplayer, but I've got a different take on what I'd like to see. I'd like to be able to collect everything new without having to loose old items. The 60 item limit & only 3 builds per Character doesn't work when there are so many variations I'd like to keep. This wouldn't be such a big issue if you could change the look to any item you've previously collected, but the game only allows this for items you still have and even then only those of the same grade. I'd like this fixed and I'd like more flexibility to create more varied custom offline v CPU matches (like mini levels) using any of the resources I've unlocked. For that matter I'd like the Boss & other Characters from the Campaign to be selectable CPU opponents in custom v CPU matches.

nufrancis
01-02-2018, 10:07 AM
I would rather hope, they focus now more on game modes and bigger scale battle stuff like a Siege Mode!

New classes are welcome, but won't help the game much, if players are bored by the core game, which is beside the connectivity the biggest problem and screwed off the main part of the player base!

Look ... new heroes are nice, but the game itself doesn't offer a lot beside the combat system and that's what the developers have to deal with in the future if the game shall succed in long term.

+1 for your idea.

I want FH to be viable for competitive match and developing this kind of gamemode is one way to realize it

guest-uoc7k11C
01-14-2018, 02:32 PM
I agree with you 100% i think they should add more game modes and add something along the long of raids (like from destiny) or in this case sieges i would also like to see bigger players base game modes e.g. 12 vs 12 as i think this would be extremely fun.

Th0m4s.Ven
01-16-2018, 06:19 PM
I would suggest a monk for samurai with a staff too, but more like a hybrid with lots of combo's.

FinnOfTheHorde
01-16-2018, 10:47 PM
Wait with new heroes. Focus on OG champions.
I know everyone wanna have new moves, reworks etc.
Im a simple man and I just need things that we already have in game like Oni Orochi armor (aka chained one).
Don't tell me you can't add this armor cuz its not fitting him (If there is any difference between Oni and Orochi 3D model show me).
Im more a cosmetic dude and plz give us new armors. I dont belive in this "It takes a lot of time to create a new armors" cuz this is just stupid. I was working in Blender and Unity and creating characters (solo work) doesn't take a lot of time (Well... If you are a AAA games company and creating 16 total new models is a "lot of time work" I think something is wrong here)
I know you changed this game from (probably) best medival fighting game into this what we have now but dont be lazy ._.

Illyrian_King
01-17-2018, 12:37 AM
Wait with new heroes. Focus on OG champions.
I know everyone wanna have new moves, reworks etc.
Im a simple man and I just need things that we already have in game like Oni Orochi armor (aka chained one).
Don't tell me you can't add this armor cuz its not fitting him (If there is any difference between Oni and Orochi 3D model show me).
Im more a cosmetic dude and plz give us new armors. I dont belive in this "It takes a lot of time to create a new armors" cuz this is just stupid. I was working in Blender and Unity and creating characters (solo work) doesn't take a lot of time (Well... If you are a AAA games company and creating 16 total new models is a "lot of time work" I think something is wrong here)
I know you changed this game from (probably) best medival fighting game into this what we have now but dont be lazy ._.

+1

I am also fed up with this "lots of time" sh*t ;b

And yes, this game had a much greater potential.

frite42
01-31-2018, 12:45 AM
Dear Ubisoft Team and Fellow For Honor Players,

we love this game and we want it to get better (the game has problems we know it, but this is a constructive thread about the future of For Honor)
We are preparing for Year 2, and the whole community has a big desire, in year 2 we want new heavy, vanguard and hybrid characters which are mixed from a heavy and a vanguard. The first year of For Honor was about assassins, except aramusha (fast lights assassin HP) all of the DLC characters are assassins, half assassins, or have assassin typicals. We have enough assassins, lots of variations for everybody who is an assassin lover, the next step is have big, strong warriors (heavys). Dear Ubisoft Team, gamers need variaty and fresh stuff, dont make more assassins, create heavys and vanguards, let the Year 2 be the brutal big fighters year in For Honor.

Just some ideas: Two handed warhammer warrior for the knights (lots of armor) or for the vikings, fighter with a warscythe, executioner for the knights, the samurai faction needs a heavy, but not the shugoki, an other type. Ubisoft designers, you have lots of ideas and conceptions, make them real and create heavys and vanguards.

A video, only look the two futurable heavy charachters: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RZJLyK-URoI

Dear Honor gamers, if you want new vanguards and heavys in this game help this thread, do contstructive comments.speak about it, make an open discussion. plz

CandleInTheDark
01-31-2018, 01:40 AM
Highlander wasn't part assassin, I suspect the reason knights got one was they were the only ones that did not start with a part assassin hybrid.

I do agree that I would like to see more heavies and vanguards at some point, I want a heavy to get excited about other than the conq I have geared for 4v4, when the current balance is better (get that right first), but I also kind of get why they went with a hybrid and an assassin for everyone. There are people who only play characters in their faction and are so into that they try to push the devs into making everyone do that (no xp or assets if not, no assets, two tier system of rewards just to name a few floated suggestions by people who want to limit player choice because that is how they play it). Given that the assassins were seen as the most powerful and there has always been accusation of dev bias on factions (every faction has had a round of that accusation), if there had been only one dlc assassin, we would have had threads asking where their new assassin is and how come the devs favour x faction so much to give them an op character (because apparently the knights won season 3 because they had more numbers (false) because their characters were all op (subjective at best)).

I hope that they stick with the same theme if and when new characters come in, that all factions get characters of the same class to avoid any of that but yes it needs to be vanguards and heavies in my view.