PDA

View Full Version : Centurion bug that needs fixing!

RazireKVD
12-02-2017, 10:40 PM
Been trying to get back into Centurion after all of the nerfs and after playing the new characters. He's a bit more difficult to play since it's been awhile and he's shorter ranged now, but there is one thing that really needs to be fixed about him.

He will randomly stagger mid-combo both against players and soldiers.

Nerfed or not, this is not a good thing. It's unpredictable when it happens to players, but I can consistently get it to happen when performing a light-light-light combo on soldiers, where the Centurion will be staggered out of combo after the second light attack. I've seen this bug reported on forums before, but it never looks like it gets any attention or recognition as a problem. I've even seen a video where a Centurion player was staggered mid-combo off of a ledge and died from this glitch.

This bug is a major flaw in the system for anyone trying to play Centurion.
Ubi, can we get a word in on if the game team are aware of this issue and attempting to fix it?
Is anyone else encountering this problem?

*post edit: staggering also affects emotes on some occasions.

brashtralas
12-03-2017, 12:54 AM
Yep. Been happening forever, now. Centurion gains more bugs each patch, for whatever reason.

UbiInsulin
12-03-2017, 01:42 AM
We'll let the team know that this bug is still present. I believe we fixed "bump back" on minion-related issues with the Raider & Berserker in 1.15, but we'll let the team know the issue is still present on Cent.

This happening vs. players has not been reported previously to my knowledge, so I'll highlight this to the team. If anyone happens to have a video of this issue occurring against a hero, please feel free to share it. :)

RazireKVD
12-03-2017, 02:05 AM
Here is a clip showing the staggering effect during his attacks on soldiers. It's from season 3, but if proof of its existence currently is needed, I can attempt to make a recording of it myself.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wlWYao6QCMk

Here is a clip someone else has of the glitch happening to them during a pvp game of tribute.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RMEFc6oLmuQ

Both of them have been reported on forums, but it seems that no progress is really being made or acknowledged at large in the patches for Centurion.
Thank you for replying to this, and I hope these videos give enough evidence as to the glitch, and that the problem can be fixed easily in the next patch.

UbiInsulin
12-03-2017, 02:48 AM
Here is a clip showing the staggering effect during his attacks on soldiers. It's from season 3, but if proof of its existence currently is needed, I can attempt to make a recording of it myself.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wlWYao6QCMk

Here is a clip someone else has of the glitch happening to them during a pvp game of tribute.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RMEFc6oLmuQ

Both of them have been reported on forums, but it seems that no progress is really being made or acknowledged at large in the patches for Centurion.
Thank you for replying to this, and I hope these videos give enough evidence as to the glitch, and that the problem can be fixed easily in the next patch.

Ah, I didn't immediately make the connection on the Cent bug, but the team is actually investigating the issue with his punch knock-back already. Thank you very much for tracking down that video!

brashtralas
12-03-2017, 03:41 AM
Ah, I didn't immediately make the connection on the Cent bug, but the team is actually investigating the issue with his punch knock-back already. Thank you very much for tracking down that video!

I donít have a clip on me, but it happens in the middle of combos as well. Generally only with charged attacks and occasionally kick. When he flips his sword upside down(like immediately after a kick or parry counter), he occasionally becomes staggered off his own attack as well.

RazireKVD
12-06-2017, 01:08 AM
**UPDATE TO ISSUE!**

As of today's patch, the issue is -partially- fixed.
The "bump-back" issue on attacks is still present, albeit less prevalent in occurrence. I can still get it to happen on repeated light attacks against soldiers, but now I can also see the normal combo animations play out.

It is nice to see that this issue is being slowly handled. It's still there, but it's less frequent.
I look forward to a patch that finally rids this game of this annoying bug for good, but until then, thank you for listening mods and dev team!

brashtralas
12-06-2017, 07:22 AM
**UPDATE TO ISSUE!**

As of today's patch, the issue is -partially- fixed.
The "bump-back" issue on attacks is still present, albeit less prevalent in occurrence. I can still get it to happen on repeated light attacks against soldiers, but now I can also see the normal combo animations play out.

It is nice to see that this issue is being slowly handled. It's still there, but it's less frequent.
I look forward to a patch that finally rids this game of this annoying bug for good, but until then, thank you for listening mods and dev team!

Completely disagree. I havenít seen any change at all.
Actually, this update added more issues. My character, and often times my opponent, randomly back up during a fight. Itís like weíre polar opposite magnets dancing around in a play.

Broadway presents!! FOR HONOR! A dashing tale of two warriors determined to battle to the death but cursed to forever stay two steps away from one another. A tragedy that ends with unexpected love!

Iíd like an update that actually fixes things without breaking even more stuff. Please?

RazireKVD
12-06-2017, 08:13 AM
My character, and often times my opponent, randomly back up during a fight. It’s like we’re polar opposite magnets dancing around in a play.

Hmmm, odd. I never experienced this issue with the patch for today. Then again, I have yet to see the patch notes get released for today's updates, so for all I know the patch was for something completely unrelated.
I guess we'll just have to see what comes along in the next update or if any quick fixes get added in with the weekly content this upcoming Thursday.