PDA

View Full Version : Been a while, Ubi

CheekyKemosabe
12-02-2017, 07:40 PM
It's been a good minute since the last time i've posted, let alone read, anything of the forums. I took a bit of a break from FH when season 4 dropped, not so much out of frustration but just out of boredom. I've come back just recently and I've noticed a few things i thought i'd bring up (if it's already been brought up then no need to comment, why drag on something that's already been debated, right?)

Tribute: still love it, i know that's not what many think but i do love objective modes that challenge the cohesion of teammates even if those teammates are randoms. Any game, doesn't matter if it's battlefield, siege, halo etc., with objective game modes have always been a favorite of mine. nothing really negative to say about it other than maybe make it so that teammates can't knock the offering out of your possession. It hasn't been an issue for me just yet but i have run up on groups of opponents just standing there hitting each other over and over again when they pick it up, like they're fighting over who gets to make the claim and it made it significantly easier to rush in and **** em up.

Ranked dominion: I would have thought that, being the most popular game mode, people would have been all over this. I'm surprised and disappointed to say that i've only managed to get a single game in since it dropped and haven't even come close to finding a match after the fact. Even when i'm grouped up with a full team we still can't find a single match to play in this playlist. If i heard right, it's because there's no incentive to play (i.e. unlockable gear, extra rewards, xp etc). I totally get that, but it boggles my mind that, with the amount of **** measuring that goes on in this community, people wouldn't be playing for bragging rights alone. Seriously, this is your chance to slap on another high rank (if you can earn it) to show off in your next pissing contest and no one wants to try?

New characters: I found it very frustrating playing with and against these characters when they first dropped but i think that's mostly due to the fact that they're new. They are a bit easier to face against now but i gotta say with all honesty i was a little disappointed with the two. I thought there'd be a lot more diversity in their movesets, not just mixtures of different light spams and feints. I was really excited to play them but when i successfully learned the full set of combos on both of them i didn't really hesitate to drop those two and stick to my other mains I've been working on for 3 seasons now.

Connectivity: It's a little better and i don't find myself getting disconnected as much as i did before (which wasn't a lot to begin with but it was pretty consistent). I won't touch on dedicated servers, i know Ubi is working on them and i am eagerly awaiting the arrival the new set up but at this point it's more of a "it happens when it happens" kind of deal for me.

Matchmaking: Ok so this is something that has irked me a bit the last few games i've played. I'm either matched with players that are on the opposite team and at my level while my teammates are scrubs that just started like last week, or i'm on a team where everyone is higher level than i am, and our opponents are scrubs that started about ten minutes ago. I believe i remember Ubi mentioning that they implemented better matchmaking but i regret to inform you that it is still flawed and might need a bit of looking into further than the extent to which they initially did.

That's about the full report I got, if you all have something to add feel free to, if you agree or disagree with some or all of the appoints above go ahead and share why, and if you have any solutions to any of these issues or those unmentioned here write em down. Maybe ubi can take a peek and put it in their notes.

As always, have a great day and see you all on the battlefield.

CandleInTheDark
12-02-2017, 07:50 PM
Hi, been a while, I had been thinking the other day you and a few others have disappeared.

I think they said that the port that the rep level of their matchmaking goes through doesn't work and they are working on that, it can be annoying when you are the one that gets the level 2 and I am kind of feeling sorry for the rep 2's I am getting in duel given while I am not a regular duelist, I am still rep 50 all in all and probably know more about both of our characters than they do their own so I am hoping that is something that gets fixed soon.

CheekyKemosabe
12-02-2017, 08:00 PM
Hi, been a while, I had been thinking the other day you and a few others have disappeared.

I think they said that the port that the rep level of their matchmaking goes through doesn't work and they are working on that, it can be annoying when you are the one that gets the level 2 and I am kind of feeling sorry for the rep 2's I am getting in duel given while I am not a regular duelist, I am still rep 50 all in all and probably know more about both of our characters than they do their own so I am hoping that is something that gets fixed soon.

Yeah, work and life have had me busier than normal lately so i don't get to log on as much as i'd like :P

I know my main and my two secondaries inside and out, and most of the original roster i've had a bit of practice with by now, so the fact that these new characters weren't interesting enough for me to pick one up and max them out was kind of a shocker.

Good to know that they're aware of the matchmaking bit though, i thought i was the only one having that issue lol.

CandleInTheDark
12-02-2017, 08:06 PM
Yeah, work and life have had me busier than normal lately so i don't get to log on as much as i'd like :P

I know my main and my two secondaries inside and out, and most of the original roster i've had a bit of practice with by now, so the fact that these new characters weren't interesting enough for me to pick one up and max them out was kind of a shocker.

Good to know that they're aware of the matchmaking bit though, i thought i was the only one having that issue lol.

I am on a mission to know as many characters as possible >.> lol,I have five in top gear for 4v4 which I would be in ranked in if I thought I could stay connected,four others above rep 2 and I have just started the kensei which I am picking up a glorious amount of salt with in duel, made an aramusha and centurion ragequit and a warden wow spam three rounds, though obviously at my level people don't have twitch defensive reflexes.

In terms of the new characters I quite like the Shaman but I am waiting on the tracking bugfix to use her again,I don't want to get used to the way it is. I have to say though all my rep 7 plus are OG and I am likely not adding to them until dedicated servers hit as I am done grinding against AI. When those hit I intend to finish my rep 7 run on gladiator and maybe start centurion and lawbringer to finish the knights.

ChampionRuby50g
12-02-2017, 09:47 PM
Welcome back my man. I would agree with your analysis of Ranked Dominion, there is no real incentive to play other than a rank that doesn't seem to be that obvious to other players. Like you could get Diamond, but who would see it? With R6S, I'm Gold 2 for example but I get to show that off even when I play Casual because if someone looks on my profile in game it will have the symbol there. I feel
For Honor should take a similar route. No extra XP or good looking ornaments/loot is also a real bummer, and effects the numbers there dearly.

Connection: I would agree too. It is better, but, when I play in a group someone will always disconnect and it's not fun that way. When I play solo, which is more often now, my connection seems a lot more stable and I stay in more games than before, which is an improvement.

UbiJurassic
12-02-2017, 10:33 PM
Nice to see you around here again seaners95! :)

You make a lot of very solid points that echo a lot of what the community has been saying. both since the release of Season 4 and the release of Ranked Dominion. I'll definitely make sure that your thoughts and feedback are noted down.