PDA

View Full Version : Suggestion More Templar based games please

Liquid_Engineer
12-02-2017, 07:10 PM
It would be very nice to have more and multiple games from the Templar perspective, with or without assassin's to kill (although I want to kill assassin's ha ha). Rogue was a wonderful story and one of the most intriguing to me and I feel that's more stories to be told - heck, there's enough factual history for a plethora of games.

Since a two year absence did AC so much good, both games could be on alternating cycles (year 1: AC, year 2: Templar).

cawatrooper9
12-04-2017, 03:32 PM
I'm always down for more Templar stuff...

though I might be biased.

Corleone-Kun
12-05-2017, 02:19 AM
I'd like a new game where you control a templar inducted into the order from birth (cuz in rogue you still playing with an assassin in terms of gameplay ). A templar turned assassin would be cool too now that we experienced the reverse hahaha

Liquid_Engineer
12-07-2017, 09:40 PM
Playing the bad guys is always more fun...no rules and all... Even an Elise full game would be nice although I'd prefer different time periods. But yeah, Templar from birth please!

Liquid_Engineer
12-07-2017, 09:41 PM
@cawatrooper9; yeah your avatar kinda gave that away lol

LoyalACFan
12-07-2017, 10:03 PM
The problem with making Templar games is that there isn't a clear gameplay loop besides the stuff that's already been established in AC games. Assassins climb, stalk, kill, fight, rinse, and repeat; it's the identity of both the Assassins as a group and AC as a franchise. Templars aren't known for any of those things (though some of them have demonstrated similar abilities) but rather their behind-the-scenes machinations and political scheming. So the devs basically have two options; they go for a completely new style of gameplay (maybe an RTS type of thing or a Telltale-style dialogue-based experience) to cater to the fantasy of being a Templar, or use an Assassin-turned-Templar mechanic where the player is a Templar in name, but still basically doing Assassin stuff during gameplay. Since a Templar game would only appeal to Assassin's Creed players anyway, the latter option was the obvious choice, and they've done it twice now with Haytham and Shay.

EDIT- I should clarify that I KNOW Haytham was never technically inducted as an Assassin, before some lore-warrior comes in here to correct me :p You know what I meant.

cawatrooper9
12-07-2017, 10:08 PM
So the devs basically have two options; they go for a completely new style of gameplay (maybe an RTS type of thing...Since a Templar game would only appeal to Assassin's Creed players anyway, the latter option was the obvious choice, and they've done it twice now with Haytham and Shay.

Agreed about the gameplay style. Halo Wars (the original), for instance, did... alright, but it certainly wasn't received as well as many of the other Halo Games.

I think RTS elements would be cool in a hybrid game, with the other sections being more 3rd person action based.

How cool would it be to build up an army, command it to attack, and then get to participate in the battle yourself? Sort of like a souped up Shadow of War.

PJ_Hasham308
01-31-2018, 11:50 AM
I would love to see Ubisoft do a Templar game/s I really enjoyed Rogue but looking back gameplay wise Shay wasn’t so much a Templar as he was an Assassin assassin lol.

Free running should still be included and it should be open world but story wise the main focus should be more about building the Templar Order. One setting I could see this working in that I’ve recently been looking into is the Teutonic Knights Northern crusades against the pagans of the Baltic states.

I imagine the Teutonic Knights as a branch of the Templars ( Black Cross origin perhaps?) or maybe the Livonian Brothers of the Sword that eventually merged into the Teutonic order after a devastating defeat. Anyway the Teutons basically carved out their own kingdom and I could see this making a cool game being a knight working your way up the order, roaming the country side building, upgrading and maintaining your armies, laying siege to towns and castles, claiming them for the order and defending them. It would have to include large scale pitched battles, I imagine this would be you on your horse on a ridge behind your army almost RTS style commanding your infantry as they battle the enemy soldiers. Using your archers that have like a cool down time in between volleys of arrows. Then sending in the cavalry. Once you’ve inflicted enough damage you could ride into battle yourself to finish them off and kill the enemy commanders similar to how you’d have to weaken then board a ship in Black Flag. As you gain XP you can upgrade your armies weapons so your infantry do more damage, archers have better bows/arrows so they do more damage or less time between volleys etc.

Castles and towns could be a mix of above and maybe the forts in Black Flag. You could chose between an all out assault with heavy damage to the town/castle and heavy casualties or you could infiltrate and kill the commanders so the army surrender and you take the location with out having to spend money fixing the castles defenses and replenishing your forces.

Naval can return as they were known to have control of the Baltic Sea through their navy.

Obviously there would have to be Assassins trying to assassinate you and your alies along the way and you’d have to fight them and hunt them down but they should be more of a thorn in your side as opposed to your main goals. Your main mission should be to take control of the entire map so you can create your “Templar/Teutonic utopia for the betterment of mankind” and of course you’d have to come across some kind of POE to help you achieve this.

Also seeing as though Ubi want to go more RPG style it would be cool if you had some companions that you could customize their load outs as well and take them on quests with you. Templars always have guards you have to go through first in every other AC so makes sense that you would have them as well.

Vand3rz
02-03-2018, 09:26 AM
I definitely want to see more games from the Templars' perspective. Rogue was a lot of fun, but I want to be inducted into the Templar Oder earlier in the game and have a unique fighting style rather than the same as the Assassins.

They should make a spinoff series called Templar Order or something. Then people won't be annoyed at having to play as Templars in an Assassin's Creed game.