PDA

View Full Version : Aramusha Rock Steady Feature

Erhanninja
12-02-2017, 06:13 PM
Isnít this feature against the mechanics of the game? I know Sugoki might have this etc but we never felt it this much before.

Cent jabs him he doesnít get down. Basically Cent is very weak against him.

Revenge parry doesnít knock him down. Why? Whatís the point of playing better and parrying? Do I have to endure light attack spam?

Wall splat doesnít work. You donít know if that person that feature so you get parried instead.

Parry out of stamina doesnít knock him down. How is this even possible?

They should give it a cool down like they did to ďthick bloodĒ feature on Warden at least. I can understand a heavy class having this. How can you give same feature to heavy class and assassin class?

Devils-_-legacy
12-02-2017, 06:19 PM
If you playing cent then your screwed specialy if rely on charged jabs and wall splat but i will say of it didnt work once why did you keep trying to floor him? and he's a hybrid not assassin I'm rubbish as ronin and prefer assassins so he can be a ###king pain a lot more with reflex guard other then the light spam I don't see a issue personally with the hero tbf

WABO423
12-02-2017, 06:26 PM
Rock steady should not apply when they are out of stamina or on a revenge parry. Otherwise Iím fine with the feat.

Devils-_-legacy
12-02-2017, 06:29 PM
Yh it should of have some sort of cool down applied when in oss I think they added in cool downs for all other passive feats

Apolloassn13
12-02-2017, 06:39 PM
If you playing cent then your screwed specialy if rely on charged jabs and wall splat but i will say of it didnt work once why did you keep trying to floor him? and he's a hybrid not assassin I'm rubbish as ronin and prefer assassins so he can be a ###king pain a lot more with reflex guard other then the light spam I don't see a issue personally with the hero tbf

I curb stomp ara with cent, shaman... not so much.

Arekonator
12-02-2017, 07:04 PM
When you land Long Arm with lawbringer, he bounces right up. Not only that but he recovers from the flip faster than lawbringer does, that is indeed kinda stupid.

BTTrinity
12-02-2017, 09:36 PM
Rock steady should not apply when they are out of stamina or on a revenge parry. Otherwise I’m fine with the feat.

Wrong, it should ONLY apply to knockdown throws and knockdown parrys. It should not prevent Lawbringers pancake flip from doing its job.

brashtralas
12-02-2017, 09:44 PM
Wrong, it should ONLY apply to knockdown throws and knockdown parrys. It should not prevent Lawbringers pancake flip from doing its job.

I donít know why it prevents wall splats, either. As it is, itís the best feat in the game for a fast character like aramusha. As it stands he doesnít even have to worry about stamina.

ChampionRuby50g
12-02-2017, 09:51 PM
Rock steady does need looking at from the dev team, I believe it's a level 2 passive, and for a level 2 it's way too strong. Changing the way the game works from the moment it's on. It at least does need a cool down of some sort, though I think more. Cool down, as well as not working while parry in revenge or thrown in Revenge, etc. I would also say while OOS, but I feel some would say that's too much.

BTTrinity
12-02-2017, 09:52 PM
Rock steady does need looking at from the dev team, I believe it's a level 2 passive, and for a level 2 it's way too strong. Changing the way the game works from the moment it's on. It at least does need a cool down of some sort, though I think more. Cool down, as well as not working while parry in revenge or thrown in Revenge, etc. I would also say while OOS, but I feel some would say that's too much.

Damn right the OOS change is to much, the feat would be non-existent... It seems your fix is just remove everything this feat does.

ArchDukeInstinct
12-02-2017, 09:55 PM
Get rid of it.

ChampionRuby50g
12-02-2017, 09:59 PM
Damn right the OOS change is to much, the feat would be non-existent... It seems your fix is just remove everything this feat does.

Hence why I said "I WOULD say...", not "and Remove it from OOS".

BTTrinity
12-02-2017, 10:28 PM
I don’t know why it prevents wall splats, either. As it is, it’s the best feat in the game for a fast character like aramusha. As it stands he doesn’t even have to worry about stamina.

That part of it is fine imo. Ara is by no means fast, aside from his easily stopped light chain.

UbiJurassic
12-02-2017, 10:38 PM
Thanks for sharing the feedback on the Aramusha has his Rock Steady feat so far everyone. This particular subject has been brought up several times by players, so please continue to leave your feedback on the subject here. I'll be sure to forward everyone's thoughts to the team.

SenBotsu893
12-02-2017, 10:43 PM
lol oh a feat belonging to the samurai faction and everyone starts bashing.

but all the unbalance in ranged feats favouring knights is totally fine.

not only have the knights and vickings the superior characters they also have the better feats for 4v4.

but it seems you cant stop bashing on the samurai faction without reason.

ChampionRuby50g
12-02-2017, 10:51 PM

not only have the knights and vickings the superior characters they also have the better feats for 4v4.

If it's related to the Samurai, why did nobody complain about it on the Shugoki?

SenBotsu893
12-02-2017, 10:53 PM
If it's related to the Samurai, why did nobody complain about it on the Shugoki?

because no one playes shugoki in 4v4.

the feat exists since the launch of the game but has had very little impact since shugoki dies before he can be anyones problem with his 25% damage panalty.

BTTrinity
12-02-2017, 11:31 PM

the feat exists since the launch of the game but has had very little impact since shugoki dies before he can be anyones problem with his 25% damage panalty.

yeah, now its a problem when its on a character thats actually played.

ChampionRuby50g
12-03-2017, 01:35 AM

Which is true, and now that you have a hero who is played more often you can see how strong the feat actually is for a level 2 passive, and that a lot of the community would like it looked at, at the very least.
You thinking there is a bias against the Samurai and basing that as your argument doesn't help at all.

Rasputinking
12-03-2017, 08:29 AM
Which is true, and now that you have a hero who is played more often you can see how strong the feat actually is for a level 2 passive, and that a lot of the community would like it looked at, at the very least.
You thinking there is a bias against the Samurai and basing that as your argument doesn't help at all.

Lmao

you really think this feat makes that much of a difference?

When you have cent that can basically instantly kill you if you make one mistake. yet "most" of the community wants this feat looked at. saying things like ronin doesn't even have to worry about stamina. obviously you don't play ronin.

Trust me I play ronin and at the start I used to rely on this feat now I don't even have too. trust me this isn't the reason you're losing against him. it's cos you guys are extremely predictable.

brashtralas
12-03-2017, 08:59 AM
Lmao

When you have cent that can basically instantly kill you if you make one mistake. yet "most" of the community wants this feat looked at. saying things like ronin doesn't even have to worry about stamina. obviously you don't play ronin.

Trust me I play ronin and at the start I used to rely on this feat now I don't even have too. trust me this isn't the reason you're losing against him. it's cos you guys are extremely predictable.

Funny you talk about the centurion being op in one sentence, the accuse others of having issues with aramusha because theyíre predictable..... do you see the issue, here?

The centurion is weak in everything EXCEPT his punish. His attacks arenít particularly damaging, and he has pretty low health. If you turtle against a centurion, youíll probably win. If one turtles against you, theyíll probably win.

Whoís fault? The defensive meta.

Iíd also like to point out the part where you say you relied on rock steady, but now youve learned your character and donít need it anymore.... okay? Itís crazy, but even though you donít need it... itís still there for you to fall back on.

So, in summary, your reason to not modify the rocksteady feat is because;

The centurion is still Overpowered or overturned in some way and aramushas balance is somehow mutually exclusive with the centurions, and the aramusha is actually proficient enough that he doesnít even need the feat, so why bother messing with it. Just let him have it.

Did I get that right?

Alustar.
12-03-2017, 09:05 AM
I want to see people stop using 1v1 scenarios to justify the use of feats in 4v4.

HumoLoco
12-03-2017, 09:33 AM
Nah. Leave him alone. He need it. Because he dont have recover health regen well like bounty hunter. That's reason he has rock steady to stop all bulldog combo.

to be honest rock steady should be 3 level instead of 2 level. let's trade poison to 2 level and rock steady to 3 level.

ArchDukeInstinct
12-03-2017, 09:39 AM

Notice that in place of any actual justifications for this feat existing as a tier 2 on this character, we instead get some paranoid delusion about the community bashing the Samurai faction even though nothing of the sort happens. Ironically all the bashing seems to be targeted at Knights and Vikings from this guy.

Lmao

Uhh... Yeah? I mean it stops you from being unbalanced or wall splat, two vital and otherwise universal mechanics in this game that are key to getting more damage done.

saying things like ronin doesn't even have to worry about stamina.

Compared to other characters? They can care significantly less thanks to this tier 2 feat.

ChampionRuby50g
12-03-2017, 11:52 AM
Lmao

Why are you comparing character balance, with Centurion, to feat balance? Two entirely different things that have no relation to each other. So already half of your "argument" is pointless.

The feat does make a difference. How could you say it doesn't, when it literally changes core aspects of the game? As mentioned, Aramusha still does have to watch their stamina, but they have marginally less to worry about as they know they won't be thrown on the ground when OOS, knocked over when parried OOS.

I also like how you somehow know that I'm "predictable" when playing, even though we probably have never played against each other and you have no idea how good I am or otherwise, and when I have never complained about Aramusha except for this incredibly strong TIER 2 feat and saying perhaps slow his light chain a little, but with dedicated servers on the way and no lag compensation, that is more a connection issue than not.

Devils-_-legacy
12-03-2017, 12:35 PM
Wow The exaggeration of how broken this feat is is just amazing 😂 you still get parry gb on him so you can still follow up with a combo you just can't floor your opponents(not a core aspect of the game i dont think that is the intended way to get the morjority of your damage)from parry or throw and nullified wall splat both are kinda cheap and to take that away from people they seem to panic it's a hero that forces you to play diffrent(like pk shaman ect) from the comments you can see how much people rely on these tactics I personally dont have an issue with ronin I like him having the feat makes him more unique

ChampionRuby50g
12-03-2017, 12:59 PM
Wow The exaggeration of how broken this feat is is just amazing 😂 you still get parry gb on him so you can still follow up with a combo you just can't floor your opponents(not a core aspect of the game i dont think that is the intended way to get the morjority of your damage)from parry or throw and nullified wall splat both are kinda cheap and to take that away from people they seem to panic it's a hero that forces you to play diffrent(like pk shaman ect) from the comments you can see how much people rely on these tactics I personally dont have an issue with ronin I like him having the feat makes him more unique

So, you agree that the feat is broken? Because when you exaggerate something, it means that it's made out to he better or worse than it is, and as you mentioned we are exaggerating it that would mean you at least admit it is broken.

Flooring your opponent is a core aspect of the game when OOS or when in revenge. It is universal to all heroes in all game modes, except when this feat is activated. Name one other feat that does something like that, changes a universal aspect of the game in such a massive way, for a level 2 feat.

Alustar.
12-03-2017, 01:50 PM
So, you agree that the feat is broken? Because when you exaggerate something, it means that it's made out to he better or worse than it is, and as you mentioned we are exaggerating it that would mean you at least admit it is broken.

Flooring your opponent is a core aspect of the game when OOS or when in revenge. It is universal to all heroes in all game modes, except when this feat is activated. Name one other feat that does something like that, changes a universal aspect of the game in such a massive way, for a level 2 feat.

And to piggy back on this, this is a group setting. Not 1v1. Using a duel as an example of how you can get combos off of throws isn't the point. It's the pint that musha is unaffected by crowd control elements in group settings that, combined with his quick combos can throw fights. Is all the perks of having a Shugoki with none of the draw backs.

SenBotsu893
12-03-2017, 03:48 PM

appling bleed with attacks is a core aspect of the game for many fighters. it is universal applied to all heroes in all game modes, except when wardens feat is activated. Name one other feat that does something like that, changes a universal aspect of the game in such a massive way, for a level 2 feat.

see i can play that game too.... as a matter of fact i probably should follow the example and make a thread and cry about this feat to the devs.

Devils-_-legacy
12-03-2017, 04:00 PM
I think it's okay as it is but everyone else seems to be confused by it so suggested a cool down id be happy if they did add one or didnt i dont see a issue buy it not giving people FREE damage Shug has had it since a release they havnt added or changed anything s1 people complained learned how to counter it the hate stoped now that the feats been added to a new hero in the game people just sound but hurt they can't oss people to the floor. That's what is is intended for says in its description that you can't be unbalanced and has been a feat since s1 nothing new other then it's on a aggressive hero then a defensive

mrmistark
12-03-2017, 04:46 PM
I honestly think this feat is fine, if anything give it a restriction to where it doesnít work in OOS. Any more nerf and itíll make it totally useless. I honestly do think the feat is fine, itíd be nice to show an indicator for other players though so if theyíre paying attention they will at least know and have to adjust to it. I think this is the biggest problem for most people, not knowing they have it unlocked in game because they can out play you by a long shot and not get the reward for doing so. If aramusha had a glow of some sort theyíd know it was active and if they donít get a punish against you then thatís on them for trying to throw you.

ChampionRuby50g
12-03-2017, 08:01 PM
appling bleed with attacks is a core aspect of the game for many fighters. it is universal applied to all heroes in all game modes, except when wardens feat is activated. Name one other feat that does something like that, changes a universal aspect of the game in such a massive way, for a level 2 feat.

see i can play that game too.... as a matter of fact i probably should follow the example and make a thread and cry about this feat to the devs.

Too many Assassins you mean, with some Hybrids. Not all of them have bleed readily accessible in their movesets, and those that don't need a level 3 feat to unlock it. How many Highlanders use bleed hmm? A class that already struggles against most of the cast is worse off against Aramusha because he won't be able to get any decent punishes off against them.
So we have established that not every class can bleed their opponent, and even without earning a level 3 feat which can be difficult enough as it is for some players.

The main point is, EVERY HERO can knock back an opponent when OOS or stagger them from parries from the get go. They don't need a feat to do that. See the difference?

If you can't, maybe learn a bit more about game mechanics. Wardens thick blood effects Nobushi, Peacekeeper, Shaman, to name a few. If they use a bleed attack, they stil get damage off on Warden but no bleed damage. Oh, and it's also every 3 seconds. Another major difference in the Level 2 feat you forgot to think about, not constantly like Aramusha.

SenBotsu893
12-03-2017, 10:25 PM
Too many Assassins you mean, with some Hybrids. Not all of them have bleed readily accessible in their movesets, and those that don't need a level 3 feat to unlock it. How many Highlanders use bleed hmm? A class that already struggles against most of the cast is worse off against Aramusha because he won't be able to get any decent punishes off against them.
So we have established that not every class can bleed their opponent, and even without earning a level 3 feat which can be difficult enough as it is for some players.

The main point is, EVERY HERO can knock back an opponent when OOS or stagger them from parries from the get go. They don't need a feat to do that. See the difference?

If you can't, maybe learn a bit more about game mechanics. Wardens thick blood effects Nobushi, Peacekeeper, Shaman, to name a few. If they use a bleed attack, they stil get damage off on Warden but no bleed damage. Oh, and it's also every 3 seconds. Another major difference in the Level 2 feat you forgot to think about, not constantly like Aramusha.

you obviously missed my point.
i was pointing out that warden has a feat wich negates a combat mechanic in the exactly same way you did with aramusha. not everyone has bleed? you dont say?
gues what -> not everyone has a 90 damage berserker unbalance punish.

you think that level 2 feat is such an unfair advantage for exactly a single samurai character(who is in itself already underwhelming) that it will totally break the game?
i gues you are fine with 25% damage decrease as a lvl 2 feat then becasue thats exclusive for knights and vikings?
or how only the knights are left with good ranged attack feats that outclass the range attack feats of the other factions?

Alustar.
12-03-2017, 11:29 PM
i was pointing out that warden has a feat wich negates a combat mechanic in the exactly same way you did with aramusha. not everyone has bleed? you dont say?

you think that level 2 feat is such an unfair advantage for exactly a single samurai character(who is in itself already underwhelming) that it will totally break the game?
i gues you are fine with 25% damage decrease as a lvl 2 feat then becasue thats exclusive for knights and vikings?
or how only the knights are left with good ranged attack feats that outclass the range attack feats of the other factions?

Thick blood is now on a cool down, additionally thick blood didn't break the game game bypassing core game mechanics for all players, thick blood is a situational buyd that warden can use to mitigate damage primarily against assassin players as bleeds are not used much outside of that class. Where as out of stamina punishment and revenge ARE core mechanics shared by all players.
What you are doing is comparing Apples to rats. They are not similar

Ackturi
12-04-2017, 12:52 AM
Thick blood is now on a cool down, additionally thick blood didn't break the game game bypassing core game mechanics for all players, thick blood is a situational buyd that warden can use to mitigate damage primarily against assassin players as bleeds are not used much outside of that class. Where as out of stamina punishment and revenge ARE core mechanics shared by all players.
What you are doing is comparing Apples to rats. They are not similar

Shugo has this feat, and even more abilities to hurt someone! Aramusha's kit is lackluster and if you can't block light spam then you need to play a level 3 bot a little longer.

EDIT: BTW warden thick blood also stops fire... feat considers it a bleed, so where's my shaman bite off fire?!?!?

Alustar.
12-04-2017, 01:30 AM
Shugo has this feat, and even more abilities to hurt someone! Aramusha's kit is lackluster and if you can't block light spam then you need to play a level 3 bot a little longer.

EDIT: BTW warden thick blood also stops fire... feat considers it a bleed, so where's my shaman bite off fire?!?!?

Notice this had nothing to do with light spam? Let me know when you catch up to the relevancy of the post.

ChampionRuby50g
12-04-2017, 03:12 AM

As you seem to miss the point of this entire thread, and what everyone is getting at.
I mentioned thick blood stops bleed every 3 seconds. Rock steady is constant, never in a cool down.

you bring up something completely irreverent to feat balance. What does Beserker having a high punish against an opponent who didn't care about their stamina have to do with the strength of a feat?

What does factions have to do with it? Seems every Samurai believes everyone is out to get them just because they are Samurai. If it was a Viking or Knight, the argument would be the same. 25% damage reduction is also on a cool down in case you didn't realise. That makes it marginally more balanced than Rock Steady.

If by ranged attack you mean catapult, it's been brought up countless times by community members for the devs to balance it. Difference is, it's a level 4 Feat that is not passive. Same deal with the grenades available to knights.

Ackturi
12-04-2017, 03:32 AM
Notice this had nothing to do with light spam? Let me know when you catch up to the relevancy of the post.

Notice my whole post before trying to bash? I'm talking about the feat on shugo and no one complained until aramusha light spam came in. Shugo has a better kit than aramusha other than light spam. That was my point.

Herbstlicht
12-04-2017, 10:16 AM
People seem so weird.
We are talking about 4on4 here, right?
There are a lot of strong feats that often lead to peoples death without them knowing it. Having eaten that freakin high damage from the highlanders second heavy just now? Oh damn it, his passive kicked in and his second hit did a ton of damage! But you wouldnt have noticed anyway because more then one guy was beating at you. Same goes for almost every offensive passive feats. Its incredibly hard to tell when they affect anything.
With Rock Steady you realize your mistake right away when throwing down Aramusha did not work. Still - this is YOUR mistake. Not a bad designed feat. I see some real problems elsewhere, specially when it comes to duel situations. But not in 4on4, not as long as the game is FAR from balanced.

All in all though i would say Aramusha is a decent character in 4on4. He is far from top. He is not bottom tier either. But he can't throw people around. He has no easy insta-kill feats. He doesn't have high HP like the Lawbringer has (another Tank Hybrid that can ledge and has some interesting feats as well). Raider too I consider way more dangerous in 4on4's.
Though I would love some serious feat rebalancing, I think we should bring up this topic as a whole. Because if you guess that most of the specific faction players play with specific faction heros, it would rather easily explain the results in faction war. One Faction (in my humble opinion) right now is clearly superior.

Vordred
12-04-2017, 10:58 AM
i think it's fine, it's been in the game since day one. and for a character that relies on throwing out relatively predictable strikes, which is always a high parry risk, and he gets very little in punishes himself, as he gets nothing of a GB, and currently can't even wall splat someone if you are close to a wall. he kind of needs it.

and personally i like that it makes you deal with him differently, if you know you can't wall him or knock him down, just GB heavy, it's really not that difficult.

plus sure it stops you getting max damage punish, but other feats can kill a whole team in one shot. which personally I feel is way more op than someone not falling over.

the only person that gets really screwed by this feat is the Centurion. and i don't feel bad for him not being able to wall spat and cutscene someone.
but really it's no different than a Shaman, PK or nobushi complaining about Thick Blood on the Warden. it's there adapt to it. it's not difficult