PDA

View Full Version : Why doesn't Lawbringer have Hyperarmour?

Illyrian_King
12-02-2017, 02:34 PM
This is not a concrete recommendation, but a f*cked up mind game I am playing since a while :rolleyes:

Hyperarmour means to not being interrupted while attacking or doing anything in combat ... why then does the Lawbringer with the highest durability (even more then Shugoki with his +25% damage taken out of stance), and this massive armour not have that hyperarmour status?

Shugoki with low armour and much body fat and Zerk with almost no armour has that status, but why not Lawbringer?!

Giving the Lawbringer Hyperarmour could make him in some way pretty OP, but wouldn't it be accurate, not to be interrupted by some weapons (katanas, etc.) with that much armour?

I repeat, it's just a mindgame!

Alustar.
12-02-2017, 02:51 PM
I think with him being a hybrid counter attacker and grappler it could mean to heavily in his favor. The point of lawbringer isn't to trade blows like a Shugoki, highlander or berserker. Granted when he gets a rework that isn't to say that some of his moves couldn't possess that trait (see: aramusha) but I think a static hyper armor would turn make him less of a strategic counter attacker he is. Another being that his moves aren't exactly sure enough to warrant this either. While not the fastest, he certainly isn't as sure or as telegraphed as solo or berserker. Also it's important to note that the Shugoki is the only hero with access to a static hyper armor status like that. Primarily due to his speed. Everyone else is based on specific attacks or conditions.

SenBotsu893
12-02-2017, 04:05 PM
Lawbringer has hyperarmor. shove is uninteruptable

David_gorda
12-02-2017, 04:09 PM
Wouldnt mind hyperarmor on his Heavies and remove shove after block instead. Lawbringer cant really attack now except his toplight time to time.

Devils-_-legacy
12-02-2017, 04:28 PM
Does he really need it he's in a strong place compared to some of the roster and one of the hero's that benefits greatly from the defensive meta

WABO423
12-02-2017, 06:29 PM
I donít think he needs Hyperarmor heís labeled as a counterattacker his moves revolve around that. Giving him Hyperarmour imo remove his label and give the ability to very aggressive and put out a good amount of dps and debuts.

Illyrian_King
12-03-2017, 01:44 AM
Yes Lawbringer is a counter attack indeed, but he lacks in openers due to his slowlesness

Hyperarmour would make him OP as I said above and that's why I said, that it is just a mindgame ... I just get confused every time to see him stopping his attacks when being hit even by just little damage while wearing that crap load of armour ^^

Tyrjo
12-03-2017, 08:47 AM
Lawbringer has range, even longer range now, so throwing an attack and getting parried isn't as devastating since you won't be GB:en. Adding hyper armor to heavies would just make him too strong.

Illyrian_King
12-03-2017, 01:33 PM
What I think ... this is leaving the topic now ... there should be a system which allows certain classes to parry only a strict list of other classes.

Assassins can only parry Assassins and Vanguards (except Raider because of his heavy weapon)
Vanguards can parry Assassins, ALL Vanguards (also Raider) and all Heavies (except Shugoki)
Heavies can parry everything

Lawbringer often suffers from being parried by assassins with their toothpicks for weapons, while having him swinging his big halberd and being interrupted like it had just a forces of 10Newton ;b

Well sometimes he is too far away to be guard broken, but this system would be a benefit for all slower classes to dare to be more aggressive which is just accurate.

VaynahAxeMurdah
12-03-2017, 02:21 PM
What I think ... this is leaving the topic now ... there should be a system which allows certain classes to parry only a strict list of other classes.

Assassins can only parry Assassins and Vanguards (except Raider because of his heavy weapon)
Vanguards can parry Assassins, ALL Vanguards (also Raider) and all Heavies (except Shugoki)
Heavies can parry everything

Lawbringer often suffers from being parried by assassins with their toothpicks for weapons, while having him swinging his big halberd and being interrupted like it had just a forces of 10Newton ;b

Well sometimes he is too far away to be guard broken, but this system would be a benefit for all slower classes to dare to be more aggressive which is just accurate.

Exactly what I've been saying in older threads. Just pathetic how two sticks can stop a huge weapon. These noobs though immediately start crying he will become OP and this and that. It's IMPOSSIBLE for me ATM to kill really skilled assassins with LB.

Illyrian_King
12-03-2017, 03:55 PM
Exactly what I've been saying in older threads. Just pathetic how two sticks can stop a huge weapon. These noobs though immediately start crying he will become OP and this and that. It's IMPOSSIBLE for me ATM to kill really skilled assassins with LB.

I am really sorry I didn't participate on your thread or at least like it mate ^^

It makes perfect sense to add this mechanic and i hope the devs kept the parry nerf for the very end to add something more complex like this!

Devils-_-legacy
12-03-2017, 04:02 PM
How does that make sense

bob333e
12-03-2017, 04:58 PM
I don't think the parry mechanic should become situational according to hero type. Also, take into consideration if you're OOS and assassin. How will you, say, stop a Raider from chipping away at you? don't tell me dodge because that doesn't always work. Dodge is situational.

And how do you stop unblockables? they can only be dodged or parried. This should be an equal mechanic across all classes and hero types, and hero type should not limit how you can deal with unblockables.

To move back on topic: Lawbringer matchup against fast assassins is one of the hardest matchups in For Honor, don't expect an easy fight. But Lawbringer can still counter them fine. He doesn't need more hyperarmor than he already has (on his shove) because by then people can abuse the hyperarmor mechanic and spam without tactic as opposed to employing actual tactic and being really good Lawbringers. The simplest example would be how starter Warlords play. They mostly spam side heavies. Which, have hyperarmor.
To add, the purpose of Lawbringer differs greatly from Berserker and Shugoki and if you're playing Lawbringer like a Shugo then you might want to reconsider your playstyle. Shugoki is for trading hits, at the cost of being the slowest hero; and let's not forget he's the least used hero. Even with static hyperarmor. See, even hyperarmor didn't solve his slowness. People still choose him the least. You can trade hits but then what. The moment you're countered, you're helpless. It all comes down to really knowing your hero and being really deadly in using him.

Side note: I do agree that in reality, small daggers should in no way be able to parry giant swinging halberds; but the minute you brought reality into a videogame discussion, the whole thing gets thrown right out of the window. In a videogame, gameplay and game design have to be balanced across several things and based on a set of mechanics and world rules, where a set of basic skills and abilities are given to every character so that they can all start from an even ground. They begin to differentiate and specialize based on moveset, counter attacks, attack speed, recovery times.... the list goes on.