PDA

View Full Version : Aramusha light spam

Dakaal
12-02-2017, 12:56 PM
I can't, I ****ing can't block his attacks,everybody say block top, but if i block top hes chain continue, and i still take a lot of dmg, what should i do, i ****ing can;t play this game anymore

Vordred
12-02-2017, 01:16 PM
if the chain continues after you blocked top, it means he used to a heavy on the top. now depending on the character type you are using, there are a few ways to use that slower heavy to escape the chain. dodge attacks and all blocks work very well there because it also deals with the possible feint too.

Alustar.
12-02-2017, 02:35 PM
Depending on what class you are running determines this a lot as well. If you are running anything other than an assassin I would say pay the top hit. You know it's coming and your guard should be back in time with to nab that parry. If it works anything like the shaman giggle heavy combo you might get away with initiating the pay as you are recovering.
However, if you are assassin, use deflect. Again, you know it's coming and that is literally a free flow into your own combo provided you follow through properly.
Outside of that if you see on console my other advice is tweak your dead zone settings for your controller. The customizing freedom is actually mind blowing.

Rikuto01.tv
12-02-2017, 05:30 PM
I can't, I ****ing can't block his attacks,everybody say block top, but if i block top hes chain continue, and i still take a lot of dmg, what should i do, i ****ing can;t play this game anymore

I see you're tried blocking top.

I recommend next you actually block top. This will solve most of your problems.

-- Rikuto

JZombieSlayer2
01-04-2018, 12:10 PM

You donít block you parry

PDXGorechild
01-04-2018, 12:54 PM
I see you're tried blocking top.

I recommend next you actually block top. This will solve most of your problems.

-- Rikuto

This guy is onto something.

Parry top if you're non Assassin. Deflect it if you are. Hell i've even messed up the top deflect and guessed which side he'd go and deflected that straight after at times.

It's already been extensively proven through videos and countless amounts of anecdotal evidence that the Aramusha light combo is counterable, just difficult to, especially if you panic as an Assassin or don't have very good knowledge of the game.

Play against Aramusha Bots in practice fights if you struggle that much. If it's still not working for you, can I recommend you try playing a turn based game like worms instead? The reaction speeds required are actually non existent.

Can't believe these threads are still being made.

David_gorda
01-04-2018, 01:34 PM
This guy is onto something.

Parry top if you're non Assassin. Deflect it if you are. Hell i've even messed up the top deflect and guessed which side he'd go and deflected that straight after at times.

It's already been extensively proven through videos and countless amounts of anecdotal evidence that the Aramusha light combo is counterable, just difficult to, especially if you panic as an Assassin or don't have very good knowledge of the game.

Play against Aramusha Bots in practice fights if you struggle that much. If it's still not working for you, can I recommend you try playing a turn based game like worms instead? The reaction speeds required are actually non existent.

Can't believe these threads are still being made. has any Of you guys actually played as an assassin Class on console in 4vs 4 match and get hit by the first light Of aramusha and then manage to parry, dodge or deflect it ? It doesnt work for me.

PDXGorechild
01-04-2018, 01:37 PM
has any Of you guys actually played as an assassin Class on console in 4vs 4 match and get hit by the first light Of aramusha and then manage to parry, dodge or deflect it ? It doesnt work for me.

Yes, I pull it off fairly frequently.

Even on PS4, in 4v4, with less than perfect connection, playing Berserker, stoned out of my mind.

David_gorda
01-04-2018, 01:39 PM
Yes, I pull it off fairly frequently.

Even on PS4, in 4v4, with less than perfect connection, playing Berserker, stoned out of my mind.
I mean i Know they Will hit top after side but i am staggered and cant do anything? Do you dodge forward immidiatly after he already hot your side?

PDXGorechild
01-04-2018, 02:00 PM
I mean i Know they Will hit top after side but i am staggered and cant do anything? Do you dodge forward immidiatly after he already hot your side?

It's all about timing due to reflex guard. Yes, you will be staggered a bit from the side light, but you can still block the top, promise. Or parry it, or deflect it. To block the top light part of the combo, I just start spamming my right thumbstick up as soon as the side light has hit. Don't press it up and hold it. To deflect it you need to dodge in the direction of the attack (forward or up to block top) when the red indicator is flashing (during the second half of the enemies attack). This obviously only works for Assassins and will only stop the combo if you're Berserker or if you do a counter/follow up attack on other Assassins.

Honestly, if you play Assassin I strongly urge you to practice against Aramusha on practice mode until you're blue in the face. Otherwise he will forever be your Arch-Nemesis. If he is a feint master, or has backup, or both, he will continue to be your Arch-Nemesis forever and there's not a lot you can do about it.

He's just a hard counter to us squishy, dodgy types.

Vakris_One
01-04-2018, 03:25 PM
The only reason why his chain can continue if you've blocked him is if you are in the out of stamina state. He's either throwing out another light immediately after you block him, in which case there will be enough of a delay for you to dodge back or even GB him through his attack startup if you GB immediately after the block. Or he has already hit you once and is soft feinting his heavy from the same direction into a light from another direction.

What hero are you playing?

Mirage6201
01-04-2018, 07:04 PM
On console, if they have the lag advantage it may go through your block like any other character. I have videos of it going through my block. Donít let the idiots on this forum say otherwise.

Waiting for servers and lag compensation. Nothing you can do about it.

Vakris_One
01-04-2018, 08:55 PM
On console, if they have the lag advantage it may go through your block like any other character. I have videos of it going through my block. Donít let the idiots on this forum say otherwise.

Waiting for servers and lag compensation. Nothing you can do about it.
It may very well be lag but to call people "idiots" who are offering advice to the OP so he can be better prepared any time when lag isn't the culprit is rude and immature.

Maybe some of the knowledge shared could end up helping him against the way this character works. It certainly beats just leaving it at, "Oh that's lag. You're fudged mate, so sorry for you." in my humble opinion.

Okita_Soji..
01-04-2018, 10:13 PM
The other day I faced a lvl 16 Aramusha and he did his combo. I got blocked each of his top lights but the combo just continued. After the match I asked how did he keep the combo going after I blocked the top lights. He said just soft faint the same heavy and do the light. I recorded the fight and watched it and I blocked them but there was no stopping or hesitating on the side light that followed. So if he is skilled blocking is not an option. I was using an Aramusha as well, I'll have to try the deflect as an assassin to see if I can get it to work with the stunning effect that happens.

Vakris_One
01-04-2018, 11:13 PM
The other day I faced a lvl 16 Aramusha and he did his combo. I got blocked each of his top lights but the combo just continued. After the match I asked how did he keep the combo going after I blocked the top lights. He said just soft faint the same heavy and do the light. I recorded the fight and watched it and I blocked them but there was no stopping or hesitating on the side light that followed. So if he is skilled blocking is not an option. I was using an Aramusha as well, I'll have to try the deflect as an assassin to see if I can get it to work with the stunning effect that happens.
That shouldn't be happening as far as I know. I've got 5 rep levels on Ara and I can never continue a chain after it is blocked unless the opponent is OOS. Can you link to the video please, I'd like to see this.

Sekiro...
01-06-2018, 08:09 AM
stop play with assassins
or run when you see an aramusha

until the day dev's remove the damm guard reflex

Buggy.Blaster
01-06-2018, 09:55 AM
why ubiquity did u have to make a character that simply spams light attacks over and over and over and over ....... can't block it haps the time. servers coming soon?? I'm just auto leaving the games vs aramusha at this point.

Card1acArrest
01-07-2018, 12:46 AM
it can be tough on PC too. i played with my valkyre today vs one and i swear i blocked 5 hits in a row side-top-side-top-side etc, but the chain did not stop. is it a partial block or what? i guess i tried to parry all 5 :D

Enollis
01-07-2018, 01:38 AM
The best advice I would give is play the aramusha yourself. I had serious problems with him too when he came out. I wasn't going to play him at first but he's really fun to play. You don't have to use light spam to win. You can have some really fun, fair and interesting fights by using the blade blockade too. People who can mix up his movesets are rare and most times it's a fair fight.
If you really run into one of those spammers than try to get some space between you and him.
You have to know what your enemy's playstyle is anyways. If said player just spamms like a little monkey on crack (this isn't ment to be offensive just a funny picture in my head), just adapt and try blocking. Dodging helps too (as Assassin you can even get a deflect). If they do not stop to use lights do a double roll. That way you can force them to use a heavy jump attack (easy parry) or they will try to dodge to you (free guard break) because most players don't acutally let their guard down for 2 meters. It might seem like those tips are not helping at all but in time they will. Try to think of a fighting sport. You have to learn fighting technices too before you can actually use them.
Tbh I don't run into those spammers often anymore anyway. Because Most people that can only spam and think it's an easy win won't have a great time in higher pvp fights. Those are more common in the rep 1-30 region. (I think so) And even if you fight an Aramusha that's rep 80 or 100+ don't be afraid. I fought someone who had an Aramusha on rep 14 and i beat him with my rep 2 aramusha only because i knew the moveset and the possibility's he's got. He only used blade blockade once.
So as mentioned my tip is if you can't beat them join them. Or at least learn to play them on a decent level. It really helps a lot. This tip can actually be used for any class^^

Bindirtnappin24
01-07-2018, 02:10 AM
Problem is the game is over filled with garbagemusha and shaman its discusting the need to limit like ranked mateches that will fix alot