PDA

View Full Version : over nerved the shamans recovery

Zombie.Face
12-02-2017, 11:50 AM
Wild Cat’s Rage Hit recoveries increased to 1000ms
this makes the move so ****ty now as basically your opponent can just own u after this move now. I'm sure this is bigger recovery than any other hero on a judge attack?? i think 700-800 on hit would still make it not as punishing to use it. Takes her best move and makes it feel so sluggish.. I'm so scared of what your going to do to the character next :/ the bite will prob be useless as well as it will be way too easy to see coming and dodge into free punish. don't worry all the baby ragers will start posting how stupid i am but these guys are the same ones that won't stop until the shaman is useless. gg, shaman already on the road to rip.

Vordred
12-02-2017, 11:57 AM
well considering it was 700ms on hit before, and that caused a problem. so no 700-800ms is not ok.

at least now people can't spam the hell out of that move and not be punished for it.

Alustar.
12-02-2017, 12:55 PM
damn, so for a full second after missing you are stuck in recovery? This should be fun to see.

Well, looks like the Nerf crowd are getting what they want. I hope these changes aren't accurate, none of the other assassins recoveries are that bad on any of the closers they have.

Vordred
12-02-2017, 01:19 PM
damn, so for a full second after missing you are stuck in recovery? This should be fun to see.

Well, looks like the Nerf crowd are getting what they want. I hope these changes aren't accurate, none of the other assassins recoveries are that bad on any of the closers they have.

not sure how it works on a miss, it's 1 second on a hit, and 800ms on a block.

Alustar.
12-02-2017, 02:23 PM
not sure how it works on a miss, it's 1 second on a hit, and 800ms on a block.

After checking into the patch notes it's just based off of spammed dash attacks. The recovery only effects her ability to execute multiple wild cats rage maneuvers back to back. Assuming you use the opener as it's intended; to flow through to bile combo mix ups then the recovery didn't effect you. Basically this is to curtail noob spam abuse.
Edit for the record, this is a good tweak to her so far on paper

Arekonator
12-02-2017, 02:50 PM
After playing her post patch, her ability to flow into other combos is unafected. Besides, shamans doing nothing except backdash, backdash, dash heavy were incredibly stupid and ability to spam those deserved to be nerfed. Now just nerf the throw distance and we are in decent place.

Alustar.
12-02-2017, 02:54 PM
After playing her post patch, her ability to flow into other combos is unafected. Besides, shamans doing nothing except backdash, backdash, dash heavy were incredibly stupid and ability to spam those deserved to be nerfed. Now just nerf the throw distance and we are in decent place.

But take your time with that one. I'm enjoying handing every warlord and raider their medicine for spamming ledge throws repeatedly in matches. This has been a long time coming. Lol

Arekonator
12-02-2017, 03:04 PM
Yeah, i am having fun abusing it while i can, but we can all admit that small girl ledging people better than pretty much everyone else is really stupid.

Alustar.
12-02-2017, 03:37 PM
Yeah, i am having fun abusing it while i can, but we can all admit that small girl ledging people better than pretty much everyone else is really stupid.

I originally didn't think the distance was that wild, in the few matches I had are the start with the perspective I couldn't gauge the distance that well. Then I got some poor sap in a tribute match in the middle of 1v2.tosses one towards a ledge. My initial thought was "ok put him close real quick and scare him, give me some breathing room." Finish that guy off and spin around to find nothing.
I think directionally it might make a difference to on how she throws you. I feel like her side throws have a bit more range than her back and forward ones. No proof, just speculating.

Arekonator
12-02-2017, 04:00 PM
You got to count in that the throw distance is further augmented by guaranteed pounce which means you might get ledged even if the throw itself just get you stuck on enviroment or something, especially now when the new idiotic bug means you will get ledged just by yourself moving/dodging near ledge.

mrmistark
12-02-2017, 04:25 PM
Honestly, I always thought her kit was fine. I just wanted her pounce in blood trance nerfed a little to make it a reasonable risk vs reward. I mean, this is ok for starters I guess, as her wild cat was really hard to react to on Xbox.

Apolloassn13
12-02-2017, 06:45 PM
Good, her recovery time before as stupid and she still needs more nerfs these nerfs barely did much. Thank god theirs more coming.

Alustar.
12-02-2017, 09:02 PM
Good, her recovery time bHefore as stupid and she still needs more nerfs these nerfs barely did much. Thank god theirs more coming.

Not really, this actually hurt anyone who used this as an opener as it was meant. For those not spamming the attack, they sometimes go into a light hit or a bleed feint. Now the option from a distance opener is only bile omen mix ups.
It's not going to really effect the skilled players running the shaman as they don't just jump back. Wild cats rage was incredibly punishable if not used correctly anyway.

ArchDukeInstinct
12-02-2017, 09:28 PM
Wild Cat’s Rage Hit recoveries increased to 1000ms
this makes the move so ****ty now as basically your opponent can just own u after this move now. I'm sure this is bigger recovery than any other hero on a judge attack?? i think 700-800 on hit would still make it not as punishing to use it. Takes her best move and makes it feel so sluggish.. I'm so scared of what your going to do to the character next :/ the bite will prob be useless as well as it will be way too easy to see coming and dodge into free punish. don't worry all the baby ragers will start posting how stupid i am but these guys are the same ones that won't stop until the shaman is useless. gg, shaman already on the road to rip.

Wow the Shaman mains are already lashing out at the community even though the patch is barely out. Yet they think nobody else has the right to point extremely obvious balance issues with the Shaman because "she's barely been released". What a bunch of hypocrites.

brashtralas
12-02-2017, 09:42 PM
Wow the Shaman mains are already lashing out at the community even though the patch is barely out. Yet they think nobody else has the right to point extremely obvious balance issues with the Shaman because "she's barely been released". What a bunch of hypocrites.

Careful, you’re going to upset them. Then they’ll band together to tell you how bad you are and how great they are.

Afterwards they’ll self-congratulate and bro-five over their “victory” while waxing poetic about the state of the game, gamers in general, and how nothing has been overpowered in this game yet, and how spoiled everyone is because there “weren’t updates back in my day!”

Then they’ll get this thread shut down and move on to any other post that says anything other than “shaman is fine! She’s the answer to the defensive meta!” and ensure it fails as well.

Too bad their Facebook page is pointless, and reddit is nothing more than a meme generator. I wish this game wasn’t so unique, so I could dump it.

ChrisTaben2017
12-03-2017, 07:09 PM
Shaman is still op and needs a lot more work, simply decreasing some of her insane abilitys and damage is no way near enough, keep the nerf train rolling ubi

SenBotsu893
12-03-2017, 07:29 PM
the first nerf was a step into the right direction.

now her overall hp needs to be reduced. she got auto-heal and damage reduction/healing feats and is even faster than pk or shinobi. she should not have full assin hp.

trowing distance is probably exceeding warlords throws. like wtf? the little girl can throw fully armored Mountains of Men like they are a nothing. cut the throwing distance in half.

hunters mercy/hunger should also not be guaranteed from a throw. so best to increase the wind up time to around 600 ms. mercy should have an even larger wind up animation for the amount of damage/self heal/stamina recovery it grants.

once thats done she is on an even playing field with the og cast.

bob333e
12-03-2017, 07:34 PM

But take your time with that one. I'm enjoying handing every warlord and raider their medicine for spamming ledge throws repeatedly in matches. This has been a long time coming. Lol

And let's not forget the recent environmental hazard / ledge vortex bug that'll vacuum you 3 out of 10 times whenever you're near a hazard/ledge after eating a bash/stun. Coupled with Shaman's throw distance, it's a lot more keks than anticipated...

No but seriously though, a small nerf to her throw distance sounds logical and fair. Along with the tracking fix on her Predator's Mercy to come mid-December.

SammyCannon
12-03-2017, 10:36 PM
Can still not do anything against this thing as warden.

SammyCannon
12-03-2017, 11:11 PM
Tried two dual tournament for the first time in season 4. Beat everything (quite low lv), except a lagger and two shamans... fun...

bob333e
12-07-2017, 02:28 AM
Can still not do anything against this thing as warden.

Allow me to invite you here: https://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1795611-Countering-Shaman-(both-pre-nerf-and-post-nerf)

Do read through when you have the time, plenty of solid info in there, on how to counter Shaman. I'm also a Warden main.

Tried two dual tournament for the first time in season 4. Beat everything (quite low lv), except a lagger and two shamans... fun...

I'd avoid Ranked if I were you. Until Shaman gets her further adjustments (mid-December) and until connectivity issues are addressed further (no ETA yet).