PDA

View Full Version : light parry

masen9999
12-02-2017, 05:52 AM
should lights be able to be parried it seems to be way to punishing if you are fighting a turtle they just parry lights you cant do anything you get a top heavy off of light parry its a bit much

Tha Dr Pigeon
12-04-2017, 06:42 PM
Managing a light parry is way harder than it sounds, and it is the main punish for light spamming. The most a tank can get out is a heavy, but they really can't go into combos off of it. If we remove light parrying, then the defensive meta will become worse than it already it is.

Vakris_One
12-04-2017, 08:18 PM
The devs are working on changing what you can get from a parry. The original plan was to make it so that parrying any kind of attack will only give you a guarranteed light in return. No GB, no heavy. The community didn't like this so they went back to the drawing board. But as we can see from characters like Highlander and Aramusha the devs probably intend on minimising opportunities for guarranteed GB and heavies in general.

They'll be looking to release their revised parry changes during this Season I think.

Mtcmnkk
12-04-2017, 08:55 PM
Light parry needs to be in the game. Some characters would stand zero chance against fast light attackers

bob333e
12-05-2017, 02:36 AM
I'm fine with guaranteed side heavies and not-so-guaranteed top heavies off of a parry, however a guaranteed GB after parry is questionable. Imo, you should be able to CGB if you're parried, otherwise with some heroes one parry can be chained into several things and you end up too punished if you got parried once. Better to make it so that if you failed to CGB after a parry, you then deserve to be punished accordingly.

Personally, I hope they remove guaranteed top heavies and guaranteed GB, but keep guaranteed side heavies. The GB can be countered, and the top heavy can be blocked / parried back. It falls on the player whether he fails to CGB or block a top heavy.

And yeah, light parries should remain in the game. Any attack (not bash/shove/kick) can be parried. It's a core rule in the world of For Honor.