PDA

View Full Version : Can we get a real Shaman nerf

Chumlonious005
12-02-2017, 02:47 AM
Those tweaks did nothing but delay the inevitable. She is a low risk high reward easy mode scrub character that takes no skill to play. It's like all this work I did memorizing every counter to every move was all for nothing when she steps in. These devs pussyfoot around this game too much. I hope one day this game dies so the devs can see that all this lazing around on their asses killed this game. Whats the point of making cosmetics if there's no balance. And don't bother commenting because I'm pretty sure I could **** anybody in here up in a 1v1 so don't bother riding my ****. The only people I want to hear from is mods and devs because It's really getting depressing how this is the only game I play and there is no balance

WABO423
12-02-2017, 03:09 AM
The complete set of changes have not taken effect yet, they will be live after the next title update. As of now the only thing changed is damage values. Look at candleinthedark’s summary of the warriors den for the full list of up coming changes to the shaman

Alustar.
12-02-2017, 03:16 AM
Sound like you are having some trouble? It seems you aren't really concerned with improving your gameplay, I know other players have put together threads discussing move set recognition. If you ever change your mind and wish to contribute to the health of the game I suggest you stop by any of these threads as they can be very helpful for new players looking to improve against the new heroes.

Bracus_Maximus
12-02-2017, 03:18 AM
You hope the game will die? Well... just stop playing it. We hope it will not die

bob333e
12-02-2017, 03:32 AM
The only people I want to hear from is mods and devs

Doubt they'll reply seeing as you're not exactly helpful nor providing accurate information as to what the exact problem is, nor are you being courteous and collected in your message. But, they just might reply anyway; good luck.

And don't bother commenting because I'm pretty sure I could **** anybody in here up in a 1v1 so don't bother riding my ****.

Doubt it too. See, roughly 2/3 of the playerbase plays Shaman these days, and from what you wrote it seems any Shaman player can easily steamroll you.

I suggest, if you're patient enough and have some time to read through stuff, to check this thread: https://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1795611-Countering-Shaman-(both-pre-nerf-and-post-nerf)

It has good information on Shaman's moveset, kit, and mixups, and how to counter most of what she does.

The game won't die anytime soon. Best advice I can give is to practice. :)

Chumlonious005
12-02-2017, 03:36 AM
Man I'm just venting. I can fight Shamans it just takes more work on my end than there's. I just want my favorite game to have an actual competitive aspect. No need to reply, I'm irrelevant to the devs so it doesnt matter what I say anyways

The_B0G_
12-02-2017, 03:40 AM
+1

Worst character build since centurion, bleed character is a terrible idea, just like the cut scene killing centurion.

Shaman pounce gives you zero reaction time, that in itself is broken. Add any bleed (for example a range weapon that gives bleed for a feat) and she can instantly take half of your health, and if she sneaks up on you she's gets a 15 foot leaping heavy thats takes 40 some damage.

No other character can dish out her damage so fast from jumping someone, and players know it, people are always hiding around corners and in soldiers waiting to jump someone. Another bu**sh** character gets added to the roster. Hopefully it doesn't take 3+ months for her to get a real nerf...

bob333e
12-02-2017, 03:46 AM
it doesnt matter what I say anyways

Wrong, opinions and discussions are crucial, they all matter as much as facts; but only when they're healthy discussions, creating healthy threads for everybody.

I love For Honor too. And I wish to adapt to whatever new hero the devs throw in there. She's not broken (except confirmed wrong damage values on several moves and broken tracking on her bite). She's amazing and she's different, and she counters almost every other hero. It is up to us to learn her, adapt, rethink strategies, what works, what doesn't, what's guaranteed, what isn't. And this can differ with which hero you are using.

Speaking of which.... which hero are you using?

ChampionRuby50g
12-02-2017, 03:48 AM
Quote Originally Posted by Chumlonious005
And don't bother commenting because I'm pretty sure I could **** anybody in here up in a 1v1 so don't bother riding my ****.

Look out everyone, we got a bad *** in here...
Care to share your stats? (:

bob333e
12-02-2017, 03:50 AM
+1

Worst character build since centurion, bleed character is a terrible idea, just like the cut scene killing centurion.

Shaman pounce gives you zero reaction time, that in itself is broken. Add any bleed (for example a range weapon that gives bleed for a feat) and she can instantly take half of your health, and if she sneaks up on you she's gets a 15 foot leaping heavy thats takes 40 some damage.

No other character can dish out her damage so fast from jumping someone, and players know it, people are always hiding around corners and in soldiers waiting to jump someone. Another bu**sh** character gets added to the roster. Hopefully it doesn't take 3+ months for her to get a real nerf...

That's an exaggeration, honestly. For once, her bleed is near-nothing unless you're at your last sliver of health. Nobushi and Gladiator still deal greater bleed. I'm sure Peacekeeper too. Secondly, her Predator's Mercy is very reactable, even moreso when you know how to telegraph it, and when you know her moveset and the purpose of her mixups, and her bleed attacks. Plus it's interruptible with lights, and if you keep close to her, she likely won't be able to initiate the pounce at all, even.

The_B0G_
12-02-2017, 03:53 AM
I'm playing on ps4 and there is almost zero reaction time. I don't think her bleed damage is too much, it's her instant pounce that's cancer.

bob333e
12-02-2017, 03:55 AM
I'm on PS4 too. And I assure you, that instant pounce effect is connection issues, lag, and latency. Every hero, and Assassins in particular, are ultimate headache to fight against when there are connectivity issues and lag.

Alustar.
12-02-2017, 03:58 AM
Man I'm just venting. I can fight Shamans it just takes more work on my end than there's. I just want my favorite game to have an actual competitive aspect. No need to reply, I'm irrelevant to the devs so it doesnt matter what I say anyways

Where is the logic in wanting a not competitive game, but then saying you are upset that it takes old work for you to combat a new class...

The_B0G_
12-02-2017, 04:05 AM
I'm on PS4 too. And I assure you, that instant pounce effect is connection issues, lag, and latency. Every hero, and Assassins in particular, are ultimate headache to fight against when there are connectivity issues and lag.

OK?... So it's still an issue seeing as how we can't fix that ourselves. I get the fastest internet in my city, last internet speed test it was 178 Mb/s download speed. So it's not my internet. Maybe once they go to dedicated servers they can adjust her times, until then, I say her pounce is damn near impossible to react to.

bob333e
12-02-2017, 04:09 AM
It's not my internet either. And that wasn't my point anyway.

My point is, P2P connectivity across continents, even across cities and provinces, often messes things up between the two ends without a proper dedicated server, hence the resulting latency. You'll still land P2P connections which have little to no lag, but for the most part, nearly every match will have some sort of lag.

We're all crossing fingers for dedicated servers. But even then, they won't erase ALL the lag. Like maybe 70%. But some lag will always remain.

And there are still things faster than Shaman's Predator Mercy, mind you. It's just this one move bugs you this much because it deals a huge chunk of damage, and heals the Shaman by a good chunk.

The_B0G_
12-02-2017, 04:26 AM
And there are still things faster than Shaman's Predator Mercy, mind you. It's just this one move bugs you this much because it deals a huge chunk of damage, and heals the Shaman by a good chunk.

Well yeah obviously, my issue is also the non bleed version where she just head butts you from her pounce, it knocks you back a pretty good distance and if you hit a wall it's a free heavy. Cents kick was bu**sh** and it was way easier to dodge than her move. I think if her pounce had some startup time and wasn't just POW! You're hit! Then it wouldn't be so OP.

bob333e
12-02-2017, 04:33 AM
By pounce, you mean Predator's Hunger (her headbutt)? it does have a startup time and is very well telegraphed when you know what to look at :) for instance, she sheathes her weapons when she's about to headbutt (the same is true if you've been bled and she's about to do Predator's Mercy).

It all comes down to how much you've trained against her, and still train against her. And of course connectivity issues which cause lag and result in insta-hits.

The_B0G_
12-02-2017, 04:43 AM
By pounce, you mean Predator's Hunger (her headbutt)? it does have a startup time and is very well telegraphed when you know what to look at :) for instance, she sheathes her weapons when she's about to headbutt (the same is true if you've been bled and she's about to do Predator's Mercy).

It all comes down to how much you've trained against her, and still train against her. And of course connectivity issues which cause lag and result in insta-hits.

I dunno man, half the time she seems to have her weapons sheathed. I'll look for that but it still seems way too fast for me. No other characters have any type of unblockable charge I can't dodge.

bob333e
12-02-2017, 04:58 AM
I invite you to check my thread and read through whenever you get the time; I hope you can find useful information in there, from me and others who have contributed. The major purpose of that thread is to help others establish a solid recognition with Shaman and understand her better, and counter her a lot more efficiently. And the minor purpose being, I made it as an archive/log thing where I throw an update every time I discover or learn something new ^^

https://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1795611-Countering-Shaman-(both-pre-nerf-and-post-nerf)

Knight_Raime
12-02-2017, 04:59 AM
I believe only the damage values and recovery on wildcats rage has been changed. I don't know if the stamina consumption nerfs came with the hotfix or not. and the tracking nerf won't be till their next title update mid december. IMO after both those things there isn't much left to be fixed. One bug. Her throw distance. maybe dodge recovery. and stamina/health gain on bite might need looking at. Pounce splat should be removed too.

Either way I spent a full day with her yesterday and it seems like people are getting good at dealing with her. was having people reg dodge my pounce, destroy my mix up game with a light, even blocking my wildcats rage. had 2 people deflect it on purpose. She's deff not a character you can walk in and spam with.

brashtralas
12-02-2017, 08:06 AM
Her dodge attack and dodge recovery are outrageous. She can borderline murder you on reaction by turtle—> dodge attack. My character struggles to feint and then block the attack, let alone parry it.

I should t be surprised, though. I said long ago that the removal of the turtle meta would simply transition into a dodge and dodge attack meta.

Swords clash less and less in this game.

Playing_Mantis
12-02-2017, 08:36 AM
I love how people just join the complainer cry baby train when they don't know what there even talking about. I'm sure the nerf...when its all actually out!!... will be fine. if not dev will fix. learn to play your class and quit crying about the nerfs. rather than trying to focus buffs lets just nerf all the fun champs. there still few other champs about the same power and nobody is pitchforking them. quit listening to other people. learn to play before u cry nerf. out.

Playing_Mantis
12-02-2017, 08:39 AM
Nerf the defense meta not the fun offensive one. this guy said it best, if they nerf the offensive heroes then were stuck with warlord 5.0

Zombie.Face
12-02-2017, 08:51 AM
Give it a bit of time before spamming shaman nerf enough?? its just barely out and not the whole nerf is even in place yet. Remember how slow the cent nerf took? I think Ubi nerved the shammy quite fast and i like how their not overnerfing this time like the warlord. then we will cry to buff her again.. Just wait a little while before crying nerf plzzzz. Over it.

WastedPunk
12-02-2017, 01:03 PM
And of course the guy that is complaining is also full of himself bragging he will always win lol clearly not considering you can't counter such a predictable hero