PDA

View Full Version : Revert bot change

hecate160992
12-02-2017, 12:26 AM
I play Duel vs Ai to calm down after repeated gank fests. I take a break from the current cancer meta, play a few duels then return after I unwind. Ever since the bot change I have only ever played vs level 3 bots; which while I'm capable of dealing with, does little to help me kick back and take out my frustration. Instead what happens is I simply close the game and do not play at all. Is this part of your master plan to finally bury this game Ubi?

bob333e
12-02-2017, 01:43 AM
I have told them time and time again, implementing the option to choose AI difficulty in PvAI when matchmaking is set to off, will solve a lot of problems with level 3 bots, since not everybody feels like dealing with level 3 bots in private PvAI often. Some want a challenging experience that still rewards XP and loot, others want easy farming, and others, like you, want to simply unwind away from PvP (and connectivity issues).

Sigh... I feel your pain.

UbiInsulin
12-02-2017, 03:54 AM
Hi guys, we've let the team know that some players are frustrated with the change to the AI difficulty threshold, and will continue to do so. I understand some of you are looking for a more chill experience when you PvAI.

bob333e
12-02-2017, 03:58 AM
Hi guys, we've let the team know that some players are frustrated with the change to the AI difficulty threshold, and will continue to do so. I understand some of you are looking for a more chill experience when you PvAI.

Thank you for responding, UbiInsulin. Yes people at times prefer lazy AI to fight against, even moreso when they're farming orders. These same people at other times would like a challenge. I believe letting us choose bot difficulty in PvAI (when matchmaking is off) should prove beneficial to every type of player who does PvAI. Thanks for looking into it :)

JediGamerFurius
12-02-2017, 05:40 AM
I have told them time and time again, implementing the option to choose AI difficulty in PvAI when matchmaking is set to off, will solve a lot of problems with level 3 bots, since not everybody feels like dealing with level 3 bots in private PvAI often.

Yes, an option to change bot lvls will be very good indeed. Now I want to play lvl 3 bots for farm and I can't, got 3 bots lvl 2 and 1 bot lvl 3. Sometimes I feel like playing against lvl 3 bots because lvl 2 are too weak and too easy to kill.

bob333e
12-03-2017, 02:20 PM
Agreed. Mostly in Duels, I'd like full-time level 3 bots, in PvAI. Though when I'm doing PvAI Dominion/Tribute/Skirmish, sometimes I'm there to farm orders, because it's much safer than PvP, what with all the disconnects, resyncs, host migrations, and ending up lagging your whole match and possibly resulting in a network error screen and booting you back out to the main menu, having spent 10+ mins in a match for nothing, plus the risk of eating a nice penalty.

It's logical to let players decide on bot difficulty when matchmaking is off; they can customize their own PvAI atmosphere without being really forced into anything. Since these bots won't be replaced by players because matchmaking is off, it's a safe and winning bet that everyone will appreciate the manual bot difficulty setting. The logical way to implement this would be as you click 'Parameters' to set matchmaking off, you could also set bot difficulty there. The same is true for Duels, where in PvAI matchmaking is automatically off but you could adjust bot difficulty by clicking 'Parameters'. I think "Casual" and "Hardcore" will do. Casual being level 1-2 bots, Hardcore being strictly level 3.

JediGamerFurius
12-03-2017, 03:54 PM
Agreed. Mostly in Duels, I'd like full-time level 3 bots, in PvAI. Though when I'm doing PvAI Dominion/Tribute/Skirmish, sometimes I'm there to farm orders, because it's much safer than PvP, what with all the disconnects, resyncs, host migrations, and ending up lagging your whole match and possibly resulting in a network error screen and booting you back out to the main menu, having spent 10+ mins in a match for nothing, plus the risk of eating a nice penalty.

It's logical to let players decide on bot difficulty when matchmaking is off; they can customize their own PvAI atmosphere without being really forced into anything. Since these bots won't be replaced by players because matchmaking is off, it's a safe and winning bet that everyone will appreciate the manual bot difficulty setting. The logical way to implement this would be as you click 'Parameters' to set matchmaking off, you could also set bot difficulty there. The same is true for Duels, where in PvAI matchmaking is automatically off but you could adjust bot difficulty by clicking 'Parameters'. I think "Casual" and "Hardcore" will do. Casual being level 1-2 bots, Hardcore being strictly level 3.

Agreed, in adiction I think they also should allow you the choose your bots too. In an order wich require duels, you can train yourself against a hero who gave you a hard time.

bob333e
12-03-2017, 04:08 PM
Agreed, in adiction I think they also should allow you the choose your bots too. In an order wich require duels, you can train yourself against a hero who gave you a hard time.

This gave me a slight idea: following the implementation of manual bot difficulty selection, what if the devs create orders like for example "defeat level 3 bots in a duel 10 times", or "perform a total of 15 takedowns on level 3 bots in any game mode" for instance? and these orders which specifically require level 3 bots would yield better XP and Steel. Without really forcing anything on the player, and rewarding them more if they choose a challenge. Just some random thoughts.