PDA

View Full Version : European ranked Dominion - dead before it ever came alive?

Herbstlicht
12-01-2017, 08:14 PM
It's gaming prime time right now. But no one is in ranked Dominion. On PS4 even. What is this?

David_gorda
12-01-2017, 08:17 PM
It's gaming prime time right now. But no one is in ranked Dominion. On PS4 even. What is this?no rewards, take alot Of time to get a match, extremly bad matchmaking because noone plays it. Prestige 103 here, had prestige 0 total lvl 4 orochi in My team. Not going to try play ranked dominion until they change it.

Illyrian_King
12-01-2017, 09:16 PM
It's gaming prime time right now. But no one is in ranked Dominion. On PS4 even. What is this?

It was total nutsense since the very beginning ;b

Which bright spot's idea was it to split the community on "new game modes" for every existing game mode which is theoretically nothing new in terms of ingame mechanics, waste lots of time and ressources on such a thing nobody wanted and make pre-made emblems and team names nobody can choose
INSTEAD
Of simply letting that ranked stuff happen in the Background of every match in every game mode and focus on WANTED STUFF ?!?!?!

The_B0G_
12-01-2017, 09:25 PM
It was barely advertised, I don't think most people even noticed its there.

SenBotsu893
12-01-2017, 09:36 PM
i gues on weekends it will be more populated.

either way i am not playing ranked dominion... yet.

i dont want a 4man group geting matched with me and 3 randoms. randoms should get matched with a equal number of randoms.
and from regular dominion i can tell how cennection will play out. i am not risking a 3 v4 fight because some teammates get a dc.

Tyrjo
12-01-2017, 09:52 PM
It suffers from the same thing as Duel Tournament. Zero incentive to play it.

Vordred
12-01-2017, 11:22 PM
Ranked just doesn't interest me, i don't care about stats and all that, i would be playing as a solo player, so that doesn't help, and I'm sure currently it would be filled with Shamans, as it's the op flavour of the month.

and well i guess it could be fun to try and climb the divisions, the wait times in normal matchmaking can be pretty bad these days, don't fancy starring at Searching for a Session for an hour.

The_B0G_
12-01-2017, 11:34 PM
I've played it all yesterday, single pick is the biggest reason I like ranked more than unranked but the atmosphere itself is better, it's more tense, matches are noticeably closer, overall its better.

The only issue I had was slow matchmaking but I blame that on poor advertising for the mode. It's not the same as duel ranked, there is no tournament, the only difference between unranked dom and it is, single pick, and no gear stats, everything else is the same. You can definitely play without a full group and still win too.

Burn-The-Sinner
12-01-2017, 11:52 PM

Which bright spot's idea was it to split the community on "new game modes" for every existing game mode which is theoretically nothing new in terms of ingame mechanics, waste lots of time and ressources on such a thing nobody wanted and make pre-made emblems and team names nobody can choose
INSTEAD
Of simply letting that ranked stuff happen in the Background of every match in every game mode and focus on WANTED STUFF ?!?!?!

Too much common sense in that post. Please delete it before someone from Ubisoft reads and collapses from overload.

The_B0G_
12-02-2017, 12:15 AM
Too much common sense in that post. Please delete it before someone from Ubisoft reads and collapses from overload.

It IS the biggest player base to split, single pick and no gear stats is pretty attractive since the new heroes dropped as well. No more teams full of wilderbi**h's and Spamarushas, thank God. Hopefully people all start playing ranked and leave unranked behind.

Also after reading your posts, it's plain to see most of you never even played it yet, there's are no pre made emblems or team names for ranked dom. Matchmaking works the same as unranked Dom.

Rikuto01.tv
12-02-2017, 12:53 AM
There are two ways to get people to play ranked.

1. Add incentive. Meaning steel. I don't see them doing this because steel sales are the main thing funding their team, and I doubt the game designers have permissions from corporate to mess with their bottom line. If and when the game goes F2P, this perhaps becomes possible as more things would need to be purchased for a F2P individual.

2. Force ranks on all modes by default. This wouldn't sit well for some people, but people suck so whatever. I can't think of any examples of it actually killing a game.

frewbear
12-02-2017, 06:28 PM
It's dead in North America too. It'll just be a couple groups of gankparties camping one objective anyway - don't even waste the time searching unless you wanna fight a shaman, aramusha, centurion and warden or shugoki at the same time, only to disconnect on the off chance you win.

CheekyKemosabe
12-02-2017, 07:53 PM
Really disappointing. I honestly expected a whole surge of people going ape **** crazy over this game mode. Yeah, no rewards, but why not do it for the bragging rights? Single pick means no premade cent, shaman, amarusha, lawbie, PK etc. teams and no gear scores so no one can ***** about it being unfair because their gear is OP. Played maybe one game and haven't found a match since. Total bummer.

Tyrjo
12-03-2017, 08:51 AM
It needs to give more steel and XP than normal Dominion, then people would play it...maybe.

Illyrian_King
12-03-2017, 03:50 PM
They point about it is, that it doesn't offer anything new ... just single pick (i dont really care about as a lawbro) and no gear stats (but i like gear)

They should better have worked on a whole new game mode.

Rikuto01.tv
12-03-2017, 05:47 PM
They point about it is, that it doesn't offer anything new ... just single pick (i dont really care about as a lawbro) and no gear stats (but i like gear)

They should better have worked on a whole new game mode.

Kinda like.... tribute?

ZealousCloud
12-03-2017, 05:57 PM
I personally think the single pick is the reason why people don't bother. I absolutely love single pick, but I think the majority or a good portion of the community only mains 1 to 2 heros. And if they are picked, well they can't play. Also they won't be playing to the best of their ability for ranked using a hero they never have played. It's a huge draw for me, I personally love it, but a huge draw back for most.

Rikuto01.tv
12-03-2017, 06:00 PM
I personally think the single pick is the reason why people don't bother. I absolutely love single pick, but I think the majority or a good portion of the community only mains 1 to 2 heros. And if they are picked, well they can't play. Also they won't be playing to the best of their ability for ranked using a hero they never have played. It's a huge draw for me, I personally love it, but a huge draw back for most.

I don't think anyone cares about that. All that means to most people is they dont have to deal with 4 shamans.

PallidoLetum
12-05-2017, 01:46 AM
I don't think anyone cares about that. All that means to most people is they dont have to deal with 4 shamans.
It does mean something, the leveling and gear system are designed in a way that punishes playing more than 1 or 2 different heroes, it slows your progress significantly if you decide main 4+ heroes at once, and if you don't intend to spend 200+ hours you'll never reach high reputation with multiple heroes, before ranked dominion was introduced the fastest way to "git gud" at dominion was to pick one character and get the highest gear on that hero, so even though now gear doesn't matter in ranked (which gives you 0 incentive to play besides no gear) a lot of people have most of their heroes below reputation 1, so they don't even have their feats for these heroes yet, not even talking about not being skillful enough to play that character in their current mmr.

Vordred
12-05-2017, 02:24 AM
so here is a potential reason why Ranked Dom isn't taking off, and it's one i hadn't considered. was speaking to the only person of my friendslist that regularly plays for honor. and he brought up an interesting point, is the no gear, he wasn't that interested in ranked because of that, as he said, i spend all that time grinding away, levelling up and upgrading gear, and then I can't use it. duel isn't so bad, because you never had gear anyway.

so that could be a reason why people aren't jumping into Ranked Dom

hecate160992
12-05-2017, 03:00 AM

INSTEAD

Adding mandatory ranking will ensure that i atleast put this game down for good. I have enough harassment due to the existence of fhtracker without bringing that **** ingame.

Alregard
12-05-2017, 06:47 AM
Played 2 or 3 times I think...

What I love:
- No gear (Not facing lights which do 25 damage is awesome)
- Single pick

What I hate:
- Low population
- unfair matchmaking

That is it actually! I just love no gear and single pick but I wish I would get that in normal dominion. The tryhards pick the strongest picks only, making the matches onesided.
For example, our team took something like kensei, highlander, LB, orochi.
Enemy premade shaman, raider, nobushi/PK, warden. Raider grabs someone, gg. Their rep level was like four times higher!
Ranked modes just ask for abusing, so I have to play normal dominion with its multiple shamans and insane high attack stats, but at least less tryhards...

What could be worth a try is rewarding this mode more in terms of steel and exp. This could help increasing the Playerbase giving the matchmaker a chance.
I dont care about my rank as long as I get people who are fun to play with and against!
Gearstats I am no fan off. They make charakters too strong and destroy the well placed limits! Also the stats are not even a bit balanced. Defense is a joke, attack and stamina a must have and priority, which results in insane stamina regeneration and insane orochi top lights (42 damage was the highest I think... xD)!

bananaflow2017
12-05-2017, 01:41 PM
Played 2 or 3 times I think...

What I love:
- No gear (Not facing lights which do 25 damage is awesome)
- Single pick

What I hate:
- Low population
- unfair matchmaking

That is it actually! I just love no gear and single pick but I wish I would get that in normal dominion. The tryhards pick the strongest picks only, making the matches onesided.
For example, our team took something like kensei, highlander, LB, orochi.
Enemy premade shaman, raider, nobushi/PK, warden. Raider grabs someone, gg. Their rep level was like four times higher!
Ranked modes just ask for abusing, so I have to play normal dominion with its multiple shamans and insane high attack stats, but at least less tryhards...

What could be worth a try is rewarding this mode more in terms of steel and exp. This could help increasing the Playerbase giving the matchmaker a chance.
I dont care about my rank as long as I get people who are fun to play with and against!
Gearstats I am no fan off. They make charakters too strong and destroy the well placed limits! Also the stats are not even a bit balanced. Defense is a joke, attack and stamina a must have and priority, which results in insane stamina regeneration and insane orochi top lights (42 damage was the highest I think... xD)!

Pretty much this. Nobody wants to fight the hardest cheese in fh. At a point this is simply no more fun at a point. Normal games allready became a cheesy gankfest, but many games are quiet ok. Usually these are games mit including raiders, shugokis and other classes whos main task is to gank the **** out of u to throw in an endless cutscene so the rest will can kill u with up to 3 heavies while u still can't revenge during the whole cutscene.....
On top of that they are premades Rep 100+ and u just solo q and get 2 Rep 0 in ur team.

I think thats pretty much the point...

Tyrjo
12-05-2017, 06:01 PM
So far no moderator post saying: "I will pass this info on to the team". :(

DoctorMcBatman
12-05-2017, 06:08 PM
Same in the US. It's been "Low" activity every time I've looked. Not even bothering to try it given that expected wait time.

DoctorMcBatman
12-05-2017, 06:10 PM
So far no moderator post saying: "I will pass this info on to the team". :(

Don't worry too much. "Team" really refers to this:
http://www.wcnorthwest.com/Resources_Local/Images/garbage%20can.png

(jk, but I've NEVER seen follow up on the forum from something that has been relayed to "the team")

ShonM93
12-05-2017, 06:14 PM
I mean who would play a team based competitive mode in For Honor? With all the performance issues, the stutters, the errors, the lagging and whatever. I didn't have a DUEL RANKED without someone gettin' kicked or failed to join or whatever. And yeah that's a big a*s problem in a team based mode. And i didn't even go in the balance issues (some hero being a straight handicap to the team). So yeah, in this state (reminder: 10 months after release) it's a waste of time.

DoctorMcBatman
12-05-2017, 06:24 PM
I mean who would play a team based competitive mode in For Honor? With all the performance issues, the stutters, the errors, the lagging and whatever. I didn't have a DUEL RANKED without someone gettin' kicked or failed to join or whatever. And yeah that's a big a*s problem in a team based mode. And i didn't even go in the balance issues (some hero being a straight handicap to the team). So yeah, in this state (reminder: 10 months after release) it's a waste of time.

Despite wanting very much to play ranked Dominion, I cannot dispute anything in your post.

:( Genuinely saddening. I remember the excitement about this game back in 2013. What a twist.

Helnekromancer
12-05-2017, 10:05 PM
It's just not worth it, once you mention "Rank" anything everyone puts their tryhard hats on. Fun goes out the window and it's all about the win. Sure other games may have Ranked modes that aren't as frustrating and toxic but with FH everyone bust out the Lag switches, the classes that make 4v4 a Nightmare, the constant traps on points, and when they hit 1000 everyone gets nuke before they can even put up a fight.

Regular dominion is already dominated by premades don't know how mmr works in this game but I'm at the point in which everytime i queue i constantly run into the same 3-5 premades and i get solo q players and its a stomp and half of them leave.

Rank is just a more serious version, if you are a premade the game mode is a cake walk if you are playing it by yourself you are pretty much fodder. If you beat them with your own individual skill they will ledge or grab you, but if you can defend yourself from those then they just say **** it and bomb you.

Who would wait 40-50mins for that? That's why that new Ranked mode was Dead on Arrival.

vuhangclick
12-06-2017, 03:58 AM
xét nghiệm adn đà nẵng (http://bit.ly/2AY3Jct)

Card1acArrest
12-10-2017, 12:32 PM
played 300 hours and never noticed this game mode..:) many player just dont care.

so ubisoft should not make too many alternatives? :D

Hormly
12-10-2017, 01:27 PM
Id love it if they just made everything 'ranked'

Illyrian_King
12-10-2017, 03:56 PM
Kinda like.... tribute?

Yeah Tribute ... 1 game mode with little effort in 9 months ... you got it :rolleyes:

Tyrjo
12-11-2017, 05:30 PM
played 300 hours and never noticed this game mode..:) many player just dont care.

so ubisoft should not make too many alternatives? :D

You never noticed it because it was added in the latest patch.