PDA

View Full Version : Dedicated Servers and the Need for Them NOW

GeneraISoIo
12-01-2017, 06:42 PM
I haven't heard any word on when dedicated servers are coming? Me personally, I will not be playing this game much once next years games starting coming out, I will also play a boat load less come Dec 12th, due to PUBG and the new DLC for Ark on XBOX. What I am saying is the only reason I am still playing this game is due to lack of good games. Once those games come out, good luck getting me to come back to FH with no dedicated servers. I don't play PvP any more, and haven't sense season 2. Then, I got dropped from games like no other. Now, I just face red NAT types and just end up saying, WTF the whole match when hits are actually blocks, but that is not what my screen is telling me. I do admit that being disconnected due to rage quits have decreased, but that doesn't help what I just stated about lag. We started playing PvP some more after some network optimizations were implemented, but it seemed that every time we got a good match, as in all players of similar skill level, we would get kicked. We would get kicked when we needed it not to the most. Ever since then, I'm done with Pvp until dedicated servers. I need to at least know dedicated servers are coming by January, or I guess at least a date, if they say it wont be till March, I'm not putting up with FH that long. I'm surprised I made it this long, but I guess that signifies how well the core game plays. Ubi, don't miss the last opportunity to keep this game going by not making dedicated servers the #1 priority. Please comment and like if you agree so the devs will know we still REALLY need dedicated servers.

CandleInTheDark
12-01-2017, 06:46 PM
:rolleyes: Or we could just keep trackof what the devs are saying on reddit, twitter and on the Den in which case we would know they are working on them, they want them in for their long term aims in the game and their team played their first test game on servers.We would also know that there should be news on their progress some time this season.

DoctorMcBatman
12-01-2017, 07:53 PM
Dedicated servers were needed 9 months ago lol.

GeneraISoIo
12-01-2017, 08:05 PM
:rolleyes: Or we could just keep trackof what the devs are saying on reddit, twitter and on the Den in which case we would know they are working on them, they want them in for their long term aims in the game and their team played their first test game on servers.We would also know that there should be news on their progress some time this season.

I am not on reddit, or twitter and can't catch the Den during live stream and usually don't catch it at all due to length. I mostly monitor their Facebook page. I would expect to hear something on that page due to all the comments about the servers. I know people are tired of hearing people complain, but this has been #1 issue since launch, this should be fixed before year 2 in my opinion, due to severity, but I understand it is not that easy. It's a good game and could have been great if they had tested better and thought more about the game's scope. I just think we need a little better transparency on when the MAJOR issue will be resolved. I know me and many others are barely holding on to this game, and we need a big update soon before were have no interest left in dealing with known issues.

CandleInTheDark
12-01-2017, 08:25 PM
I am not on reddit, or twitter and can't catch the Den during live stream and usually don't catch it at all due to length. I mostly monitor their Facebook page. I would expect to hear something on that page due to all the comments about the servers. I know people are tired of hearing people complain, but this has been #1 issue since launch, this should be fixed before year 2 in my opinion, due to severity, but I understand it is not that easy. It's a good game and could have been great if they had tested better and thought more about the game's scope. I just think we need a little better transparency on when the MAJOR issue will be resolved. I know me and many others are barely holding on to this game, and we need a big update soon before were have no interest left in dealing with known issues.

See, you're saying they need more transparency but then you also say that you don't pay attention to the means with which they mostly communicate with us, can you see where people would read that and interpret that as 'I want them to talk to us but I can't spare an hour a week to allow them to do so'? Yes they started out not communicating well but they have gotten better at that over time and we generally know what they are working on in the long term with the promise we will know more when they can give us something more solid (which because no deed goes unpunished,people constantly say but when are they doing this thing they promised).

I agree that it is a big issue but I am satisfied they know that and are working on it, and the thing is we know it is an issue with hindsight. Ubisoft were already going into untested waters with a fighting game, add in that is it unique even among fighting games,can you reasonably say that they were wrong in going with the industry standard for connection given that was one of the few things they thought they knew would actually work? In my view they were right to start with P2P, they were right to try and get that fixed, they were right to realise look we're not going to get this, we need to migrate to dedicated servers and they were right in telling us that it is in the process, what they cannot be held accountable for is people not paying attention to their usual avenues of communication.

GeneraISoIo
12-01-2017, 08:52 PM
See, you're saying they need more transparency but then you also say that you don't pay attention to the means with which they mostly communicate with us, can you see where people would read that and interpret that as 'I want them to talk to us but I can't spare an hour a week to allow them to do so'? Yes they started out not communicating well but they have gotten better at that over time and we generally know what they are working on in the long term with the promise we will know more when they can give us something more solid (which because no deed goes unpunished,people constantly say but when are they doing this thing they promised).

I agree that it is a big issue but I am satisfied they know that and are working on it, and the thing is we know it is an issue with hindsight. Ubisoft were already going into untested waters with a fighting game, add in that is it unique even among fighting games,can you reasonably say that they were wrong in going with the industry standard for connection given that was one of the few things they thought they knew would actually work? In my view they were right to start with P2P, they were right to try and get that fixed, they were right to realise look we're not going to get this, we need to migrate to dedicated servers and they were right in telling us that it is in the process, what they cannot be held accountable for is people not paying attention to their usual avenues of communication.

Right on, glad to hear they are in the works. I would think that FB would be the #1 source but my bad for assuming. I actually did just see a comment on FB about them working on it. I guess that is as good as I will get. I am just saying, I am sick of dealing with known issues and I can't even recommend this game. Glad we got Tribute. Instead of ranked we need about 2 new modes now. Maybe finally get the realistic modes. I guess what it all comes down to is, they need to provided more play time content instead of cosmetic content to compensate for not having an up-to-par networking architecture. I need modes to continue to put more play time. I enjoy playing PvP more, its funner, but I'm done with the networking issues. The new heroes every season is the only thing that kept me coming BACK. So, I'm stuck in PvAi and they did add level 3 bots, not correctly in my opinion, but that helped at season 4 launch, but now that thrill is gone. We need new modes or dedicated servers before the end of this season.

UbiInsulin
12-02-2017, 03:09 AM
Right on, glad to hear they are in the works. I would think that FB would be the #1 source but my bad for assuming. I actually did just see a comment on FB about them working on it. I guess that is as good as I will get. I am just saying, I am sick of dealing with known issues and I can't even recommend this game. Glad we got Tribute. Instead of ranked we need about 2 new modes now. Maybe finally get the realistic modes. I guess what it all comes down to is, they need to provided more play time content instead of cosmetic content to compensate for not having an up-to-par networking architecture. I need modes to continue to put more play time. I enjoy playing PvP more, its funner, but I'm done with the networking issues. The new heroes every season is the only thing that kept me coming BACK. So, I'm stuck in PvAi and they did add level 3 bots, not correctly in my opinion, but that helped at season 4 launch, but now that thrill is gone. We need new modes or dedicated servers before the end of this season.

Unfortunately we can't provide an ETA at this time, but dedicated servers are something the team is working on constantly. This is from a few weeks ago now, but progress is being made (https://twitter.com/romcamor/status/929102925921734656).

The updates so far haven't been very formal, but yeah, stay tuned to the resources mentioned by Candle and you'll see discussion of the team's progress when it can be provided. A lot of the work being done right now is on the technical side.

GeneraISoIo
12-02-2017, 05:58 PM
Unfortunately we can't provide an ETA at this time, but dedicated servers are something the team is working on constantly. This is from a few weeks ago now, but progress is being made (https://twitter.com/romcamor/status/929102925921734656).

The updates so far haven't been very formal, but yeah, stay tuned to the resources mentioned by Candle and you'll see discussion of the team's progress when it can be provided. A lot of the work being done right now is on the technical side.

Thanks for the response. For real though, we need more content than Tribute and Ranked, since I will not deal with networking for ranked matches. I know a Christmas event is probably coming, again, we need more play time content than cosmetic. The core game is great! I'll be in PvAi, waiting.

Apolloassn13
12-02-2017, 06:41 PM
We should've started wth dedicated servers in the first place.