PDA

View Full Version : 1v1 Ethics

Jvdagunna
12-01-2017, 04:57 AM
When dueling (1v1'ing), after a match is finished and both players click rematch I've noticed one thing. Many players change their character although he/she was the winner of the previous match. The point of a rematch is that you would like to go against the character of the last match. I don't understand why people feel like it is a good idea to switch characters after winning a match. I would love if For Honor incorporated a system similar to Injustice 2 where the winner's character is locked and they are unable to switch. I would simply like to put this idea out there, and receive input from others.

ChampionRuby50g
12-01-2017, 05:36 AM
Disagree. You should be allowed to play who you want whenever, and shouldn't be locked into a rematch with the one hero you used before. I'd also disagree that the point of a rematch is to fight the same hero again, it would be to fight the same player again. People would think it's a good idea to switch heroes after a match because it's fun to play multiple heroes and playing the same one over and over again can get stale.

Alustar.
12-01-2017, 08:24 AM
Also I usually have a one and for policy with duels. If I rematch, win or lose I typically choose another character. The less predictable you are the hither chance of victory you have. Why would I knowingly fight using the same character and tactics? That's asking for your opponent to read and counter.

CandleInTheDark
12-01-2017, 10:37 AM
Eh, I go to duel to practice 1v1's for 4v4 matches when I am holding a zone or protecting a tribute, I have five characters that I consider my core 4v4 characters and another three or four I occasionally use, so I need to practice with at least the first five. I am doing duel for my benefit, not my opponent's.

Vakris_One
12-01-2017, 04:48 PM
I wouldn't want anyone to be locked into using the same character. The way it worked in the first Injustice made sense to that game mode because it was a tournament knockout style mode kind of like King of the Hill. The winner tries to defeat as many opponents as possible using just one character. The challengers get to try and dethrone him by picking different characters/using different tactics. It was a whole mode by itself with queing challengers able to watch the current fight and bet on the winner.

I wouldn't want the normal 1v1s to be changed in For Honor but I wouldn't mind if they added a 1v1 King of the Hill type mode similiar to Injustice 1 complete with watching the match, having a chat function for the lobby and being able to place bets using your scrap maybe - the one who wins the bet gets some XP as the prize.