PDA

View Full Version : Is Duel Tournament Dead ?

Ulrichvonbek111
12-01-2017, 02:21 AM
I ask this with grave conern what have you done with the Duel Tournament. Yesterday I was on and it took 45 minutes to get into a Tournament.
This morning I tried for over an hour with no sign of a Tournament.
This evening waited 50 minutes to find one.
What exactly have you done to this mode ?
You've put out Dominion ranked Tournaments with no reward.
So where does that LEAVE the playerbase who want to earn ornaments in Duel Tournaments.
You even had the cheek to say that you had people complaining that they wanted to win season 3's ornaments rewards and that they were distraught that you were taking them away and replacing them for season 4,,at which you replied there would be a window of time the season 3 rewards would still be available throughout season 4...
Well that's complete and utter nonsense because it's almost impossible to find a Duel Tournament at all...
Waiting for 45 minutes and more is ridiculous,,,
Not even finding a Tournament after an hour is farcical.

You claim the population exists,,
Where ?
Don't they want unique ornaments ?

I shall finish now on another happy ending.
You've now decided to deprive the community of 2,000 steel and give absolutely meaningless crates as a reward for completing community order..If you open 10 premium crates that should give you 50 items,,20 of which should be of a higher standard.
YET THE MAJORITY OF PEOPLE WILL SCRAP AT LEAST 44 OF THESE ITEMS...SO IMAGINE THE OUTCOME FOR THE 2 CRATES...SCRAP.
SCRAP .... YES ANOTHER FINE MESS..."WE'RE LOOKING AT IT" MMMMMM THE USUAL FOR THE LAST 5 MONTHS.

COMPLETE AND UTTER SCRAP.

WABO423
12-01-2017, 02:37 AM
What platform are you playing on? I havenít been having long wait times on ps4. If it takes more than a few minutes I cancel and reque it usually finds one pretty quick after that

Ulrichvonbek111
12-01-2017, 02:40 AM
What platform are you playing on? I havenít been having long wait times on ps4. If it takes more than a few minutes I cancel and reque it usually finds one pretty quick after that

Like yourself PS4,,,with high spec internet connection,

WABO423
12-01-2017, 02:41 AM
Try canceling if it doesnít find one after a few minutes the requeing right after, I feel like sometimes the matchmaker times out after some time

Ulrichvonbek111
12-01-2017, 02:47 AM
Try canceling if it doesnít find one after a few minutes the requeing right after, I feel like sometimes the matchmaker times out after some time

Thank you I shall try this in the morning :)).

bob333e
12-01-2017, 02:53 AM
I ask this with grave conern what have you done with the Duel Tournament. Yesterday I was on and it took 45 minutes to get into a Tournament.
This morning I tried for over an hour with no sign of a Tournament.
This evening waited 50 minutes to find one.
What exactly have you done to this mode ?
You've put out Dominion ranked Tournaments with no reward.
So where does that LEAVE the playerbase who want to earn ornaments in Duel Tournaments.
You even had the cheek to say that you had people complaining that they wanted to win season 3's ornaments rewards and that they were distraught that you were taking them away and replacing them for season 4,,at which you replied there would be a window of time the season 3 rewards would still be available throughout season 4...
Well that's complete and utter nonsense because it's almost impossible to find a Duel Tournament at all...
Waiting for 45 minutes and more is ridiculous,,,
Not even finding a Tournament after an hour is farcical.

You claim the population exists,,
Where ?
Don't they want unique ornaments ?

I shall finish now on another happy ending.
You've now decided to deprive the community of 2,000 steel and give absolutely meaningless crates as a reward for completing community order..If you open 10 premium crates that should give you 50 items,,20 of which should be of a higher standard.
YET THE MAJORITY OF PEOPLE WILL SCRAP AT LEAST 44 OF THESE ITEMS...SO IMAGINE THE OUTCOME FOR THE 2 CRATES...SCRAP.
SCRAP .... YES ANOTHER FINE MESS..."WE'RE LOOKING AT IT" MMMMMM THE USUAL FOR THE LAST 5 MONTHS.

COMPLETE AND UTTER SCRAP.

I was just asking this question under another thread; where are the Season 3 rewards? I wanted a color theme from Season 3 and now can't find it, lol. Thanks for sharing this, and I agree, the whole tournament thing is pretty unrewarding as-is. Little window, connectivity issues.

Try what WABO423 suggested, I myself have yet to enter my first ever tournament this Season. I will let you know how I find it. But it's bound to be a disappointment. Crates (which are laughable, most of my good loot comes from matches, not crates) and perhaps ornaments/stuff that I do not need or do not like. We'll see.

Tyrjo
12-01-2017, 09:32 AM
If the general feeling that there are only try hards in the tournament, naturally no one is going to want to play it if you are casual. If there is no player base the matchmaking will be terrible. From then on it's just downhill since the effect reinforces itself.

It needs to get out of beta and offer the players what they want in order to be populated.

Hefty XP rewards
Hefty steel rewards
Cool customization rewards
Tournament orders
Tournament events
Ditch the taunting announcer

Alustar.
12-01-2017, 11:12 AM
I hope they see this as proof that they could worry less about balancing everything so strictly from a 1v1 basis and look into 4s.
This game just isn't a dueling game.

Helnekromancer
12-01-2017, 08:04 PM
Just not worth playing, even when it was released it was only hot for about a week before everyone released on xbox that it was just cheese central everything you hate about For Honor wrapped in one burrito topped with lag switchers.

Even if you manage to get through all the filth the game can randomly crash at any time, you can be sitting there for 50mins waiting for your finals match that will never come, only to having to abandon the tournament, no finals match, no reward, penalty for leaving, and demotion of rank.

https://i.imgur.com/KQH7S3J.png

*Remind you this was a couple months ago, but since it's hard to find players the tournament will consist of 4 players, 1 bracket. You can just troll through this since it doesn't matter if you win or lose these placement matches since all 4 players get to go to the next phase because the system needs to have a Quarterfinals,Semifinals, and Finals.
Sometimes once you get the elimination phase of the game the system will combine another group of 4 player with you, so now the elimination part of the game has 8 players.

Maybe they fixed the crashes maybe not, but the only thing i heard about it was that they fixed the RNG rewards but nothing about how frequently the system crashes.

Ulrichvonbek111
12-01-2017, 09:11 PM
I hope they see this as proof that they could worry less about balancing everything so strictly from a 1v1 basis and look into 4s.
This game just isn't a dueling game.

Nobody said it was,,ever.
What I'm saying is that some of us wish to obtain through fair combat some of the ornaments.
90% of my gameplay is Dominion,,4% Elimination,,4% Skirmish and 2% Duel...
Yes my preference would be the necessity for 4v4 fix...
Though read what I've actually written...

UbiJurassic
12-06-2017, 07:40 PM
Hey everyone, we've made the team aware of the player concerns regarding the long queue times and the lack of rewards for Ranked Dominion. In regards to rewards in Ranked Dominion, there are no current plans to implement them. While the team is currently busy with other features in development, we are certainly open to looking into it down the line. As always, we are open to players voicing their concerns and encourage you all to continue leaving suggestions and feedback regarding Ranked Dominion.

The_B0G_
12-06-2017, 07:48 PM
Hey everyone, we've made the team aware of the player concerns regarding the long queue times and the lack of rewards for Ranked Dominion. In regards to rewards in Ranked Dominion, there are no current plans to implement them. While the team is currently busy with other features in development, we are certainly open to looking into it down the line. As always, we are open to players voicing their concerns and encourage you all to continue leaving suggestions and feedback regarding Ranked Dominion.

The OP was talking about duel ranked...

UbiJurassic
12-06-2017, 08:02 PM
The OP was talking about duel ranked...

Yes, but Ulrichvonbek111 did also note the lack of reward in Ranked Dominion. Considering he is looking to collect rewards from Ranked, I felt the information regarding Ranked Dominion was pertinent.

Bracus_Maximus
12-06-2017, 08:07 PM
Easy solution for ranked dominion,

Make it 2 type of it. One that the one we have now ( the regular one with gear stats etc ) and the other is one we have in beta.
Make it both ranked automatically and for pvp be those 2 the only choices. That way ppl will have to play ranked and why not?
Make the same with duels. Only ranked mode.

But first... we need stability! And i think Ubi is waiting for the dedi servers fist

Mtcmnkk
12-07-2017, 12:20 AM
I played it when it first come out for about 3 weeks. I was so sick of the lag alone I haven't touched it since. No point in playing a "ranked" mode when lag is involved and when it is 99% of the time someone gets the short end of the stick. I'm sure more than a few quit for the same reasons I did. And also how stupid is having to wait for a tournament. Let's not make it easy like the regular duels let's invent a completely unnecessary time wasting tournament mode surely people will want to waste 30 minutes waiting for it to start and waiting in between matches. It's honestly like Ubi wants this game to fail

Playing_Mantis
12-07-2017, 11:30 AM
I was sooo exited when rank tourney 1v1 mode was coming out.. my fav game type is duel so i was super pumped for this until.... I've only been able to find 3 games. I'm not even ranked yet because i can't find any games.. why?? its pc I'm playing. maybe add some orders for rank dual? can we get people in here? maybe just let it be random on the player level to get in and just adjust the xp? id rather play someone better or worse than me than sitting in Q for 20 min and never playing at all. i mean thats how normal 1v1 is anyway.