PDA

View Full Version : No rewards for playing ranked dominion?

David_gorda
12-01-2017, 12:01 AM
No ornaments or other stuff for winning matches?

UbiJurassic
12-01-2017, 12:23 AM
Correct, the rewards for Ranked Duel Tournaments are not a part of Ranked Dominion.

David_gorda
12-01-2017, 12:28 AM
Correct, the rewards for Ranked Duel Tournaments are not a part of Ranked Dominion.matchmaking needs to be fixed to. I had player in My team total prestige 0, level 4. I am prestige 103...

Vakris_One
12-01-2017, 12:33 AM
Yeah, I'm also wondering as to why they decided to not give any rewards. What is the incentive to play the ranked Dominion then? It doesn't give you any exclusive rewards, it doesn't give you more steel and the likelihood of coming up against pre-made teams that will steam roll randoms is 90% higher than in normal Dominion.

The population is Low currently and I only found one match in over 40 minutes spent waiting in matchmaking and the match that I got had a pre-made team vs my team who were two rep level 2 newbies and one AI bot. And that was still at the match loading screen - I didn't join a match in progress. So it decided to give the newbie team a bot right from the get go because there are no players playing this mode. I asked the new guys why they were playing the ranked version of Dominion and their reply was, "This is ranked mode?". So far that has been my experience of this mode.

My suggestion: there needs to be a reward in the form of an exclusive ornament or in the very least an exclusive engraving, something that adequately rewards the players for being good at this ranked mode. Otherwise what is the point of playing it? Where is the incentive for the player to play this mode?

Vakris_One
12-01-2017, 12:36 AM
Correct, the rewards for Ranked Duel Tournaments are not a part of Ranked Dominion.
They should be otherwise there is no incentive to play this mode. It is already low in player population and that's probably down to there being no rewards for playing this potentially more challenging version of Dominion what with pre-mades and everything.

matchmaking needs to be fixed to. I had player in My team total prestige 0, level 4. I am prestige 103...
That's probably because nobody is playing this mode and thus it is putting anyone in a team in order to at least get a match going. I had two players in my team that were Rep 2 and a bot.

David_gorda
12-01-2017, 12:40 AM
^this, it takes alot Of time to find a Game then you play with randoms that starting playing for honor yesterday. Matchmaking must be fixed and it needs to be better rewards then normal dominion mode. Noone wants wait 15 minutes for a Game with poor matchmaking and bad rewards.

bob333e
12-01-2017, 01:15 AM

Greetings, speaking of Ranked Duel Tournament rewards; if I'd like a Warden ornament, and I stick strictly with Warden throughout the whole tournament, is it a sure bet that I'll get a Warden ornament by tournament's end?

I apologise for the question, I've read reports of people receiving random ornaments, and I've yet to do my first ever Ranked Duel Tournament (awaiting the next title update that's bringing further balances first). Thank you.

WABO423
12-01-2017, 01:34 AM
I think you get rewards for the character played until you have received them all then you get a random reward for others, at least thatís how it happened for me but I could have just been really lucky

I think itís kind of odd there is no reward for ranked dominion, you get a medal icon depending on your rank this only will show up in ranked mode so you canít even show that off when playing unranked

bob333e
12-01-2017, 01:40 AM
I think you get rewards for the character played until you have received them all then you get a random reward for others, at least that’s how it happened for me but I could have just been really lucky

I think it’s kind of odd there is no reward for ranked dominion, you get a medal icon depending on your rank this only will show up in ranked mode so you can’t even show that off when playing unranked

Thanks a lot, again, for answering my confused questions! I'm nowhere with all of Warden's ornaments unlocked; well half of them are outfit-locked, and the other half are bought with Steel (I bought like three), and there's one that requires me to play in a tournament at hero tier. So not sure which I'll be unlocking. Probably the tournament one. In which case it's only one...

WABO423
12-01-2017, 01:49 AM
Thanks a lot, again, for answering my confused questions! I'm nowhere with all of Warden's ornaments unlocked; well half of them are outfit-locked, and the other half are bought with Steel (I bought like three), and there's one that requires me to play in a tournament at hero tier. So not sure which I'll be unlocking. Probably the tournament one. In which case it's only one...

There are are also engravings, symbols, colors, and one ornament for each hero to unlock through the ranked duels depending on how far you get you are rewarded one or more of these.

bob333e
12-01-2017, 02:06 AM
There are are also engravings, symbols, colors, and one ornament for each hero to unlock through the ranked duels depending on how far you get you are rewarded one or more of these.

Ah now that you mention it, you reminded me. Before patch 1.15 and before Season 4, there was a color theme for Neutral and Defender, named Winter King. It required me to play in a tournament at hero tier, and back then I had just gotten the game and was still rep 1 I believe. It consisted of white and indigo/violet, with gold symbols. I wanted it so badly.

Now it's gone. It's nowhere in the list of color themes.

Here is something I found, it's a Shinobi with that color theme applied; I have yet to find a Warden that has that color theme.

https://www.reddit.com/r/ForFashion/comments/74q4do/rep_30_shinobi_before_buff_winter_king/

I really hope I can acquire this color theme in some other way. Maybe have it as an outfit or something? I really wanted it. Now I'm finally legendary tier and.... it's gone.

WABO423
12-01-2017, 02:11 AM

Ah now that you mention it, you reminded me. Before patch 1.15 and before Season 4, there was a color theme for Neutral and Defender, named Winter King. It required me to play in a tournament at hero tier, and back then I had just gotten the game and was still rep 1 I believe. It consisted of white and indigo/violet, with gold symbols. I wanted it so badly.

Now it's gone. It's nowhere in the list of color themes.

Here is something I found, it's a Shinobi with that color theme applied; I have yet to find a Warden that has that color theme.

https://www.reddit.com/r/ForFashion/comments/74q4do/rep_30_shinobi_before_buff_winter_king/

I really hope I can acquire this color theme in some other way. Maybe have it as an outfit or something? I really wanted it. Now I'm finally legendary tier and.... it's gone.

Yeah they arenít listed in the colors but are still given out for rewards, there are a couple different ones to get. The tier they are talking about is within the tournament each win moves you up a higher tier and that is what determines the reward you get

bob333e
12-01-2017, 02:14 AM
Yeah they aren’t listed in the colors but are still given out for rewards, there are a couple different ones to get. The tier they are talking about is within the tournament each win moves you up a higher tier and that is what determines the reward you get

Ah! I didn't know that. I thought I had to be hero/legendary tier (rep 7+) to enter tournaments and unlock those things....

Did I just waste an opportunity to unlock a color theme I had dearly wanted early November? :( bah the more I learn, the better.

Thanks again mate... your responses proved invaluable. I just wish I knew this earlier hahah

WABO423
12-01-2017, 02:40 AM
Ah! I didn't know that. I thought I had to be hero/legendary tier (rep 7+) to enter tournaments and unlock those things....

Did I just waste an opportunity to unlock a color theme I had dearly wanted early November? :( bah the more I learn, the better.

Thanks again mate... your responses proved invaluable. I just wish I knew this earlier hahah

Iím not sure if that color scheme is still available best thing to do is try out the tournament, the colors are easy to come by you only have to qualify to get them I believe

bob333e
12-01-2017, 02:55 AM
I shall make sure to try; once the mid-December patches are released and I can be assured the game is overall a bit more stable and the new heroes a bit more balanced, and by then I'll be a bit more ready to deal with Shaman, I'll be hopping on my first tourney. And I intend to see it through to completion. Let's just hope the rewards will be aesthetically satisfactory.

Thanks again for your help :)

Skrzymir
06-29-2018, 03:14 PM
So much time has passed and what did we see? Nothing. Ranked dominion is still pure garbage game mode that nobody plays. Why? Because everyone's gotta grind that steel, and well, are forced to play as many dominion games as possible.
WHY THE HELL would you have some kind of a stupid ranked dominion mode? The answer is: to earn more steel or win ornaments. But I don't want to have a split player base where games take longer to find and are harder to balance just to win some stupid ornament, and there's no steel so... Why. Why is this still in.

The_B0G_
06-29-2018, 03:49 PM
You do get more steel in Ranked Dom, but it's so little that it makes no difference when it comes to people choosing whether to play unranked or ranked. It's still too long of a wait to be bothered

Instead of 50 I think you get 56 or 58 steel per match, seriously? Not even a full 10 steel more, correct me if I'm wrong. If they want people to ever play ranked its's going to have to be 80 or more steel per match or no one will make the switch.

The dev team is pretty tight when it comes the steel though, only one extra steel event since release and it wasn't even double steel.

If they want people to ever play ranked it all comes down to steel, if the devs would get off their piles of steel we could have a populated ranked.

HazelrahFirefly
06-29-2018, 04:08 PM
Nah, just steel isn't going to do it. Steel is easy enough to get. There needs to be true incentive like Vakris said - ornaments and such.

HazelrahFirefly
06-29-2018, 04:09 PM

Please be forewarned that there is only ONE ornaments per hero you can unlock per season now. It will be listed as a reward for Season 6. All the others are now locked away.

Tyrjo
06-29-2018, 04:10 PM
The easiest way is to increase the steel to a 100 for a match. Then people will start playing it.

The_B0G_
06-29-2018, 04:22 PM
The easiest way is to increase the steel to a 100 for a match. Then people will start playing it.

My thoughts too, even 80 steel per match would get me personally to play it. As of now, wait times are too long to bother with it. For a measley 8 extra steel per match.