PDA

View Full Version : Ledges

Nosmer1
12-01-2017, 12:00 AM
After the start of a new season ledges became more hostile towards players. I have witnessed - and experienced myself - numerous ledge attacks. One second you are recovering after a guardbreak throw, and the other - the ledge just jumps at you and swallows you whole, even if he was a good foot (or two) away. So, I wonder - why is this happening? Is this a result of us neglecting the ledge and not feeding him properly? Or maybe somebody made him angry by saying mean things about him, like "Wow!" and "Good game!"? I would really like to know the reason behind such feral behaviour of otherwise beautiful and majestic creature.

Vordred
12-01-2017, 12:09 AM
i have experienced this phenomenon, i almost got pushed into the pond on the tower map, knew i was in a bad spot and so i rolled away, only to somehow end up in the pond

UbiJurassic
12-01-2017, 12:25 AM
A number of players have been making us aware of this unnatural phenomenon. If you have videos of it happening, we will be sure they are forwarded along to the team. It may also help to report this problem to our support team (support.ubi.com), along with any video evidence you have.

WABO423
12-01-2017, 12:50 AM
A number of players have been making us aware of this unnatural phenomenon. If you have videos of it happening, we will be sure they are forwarded along to the team. It may also help to report this problem to our support team (support.ubi.com), along with any video evidence you have.

https://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1796233-New-bug

Take a look at this thread perfect examples of what is going on. This started happening at the beginning of season 4

bob333e
12-01-2017, 12:53 AM
There's also this

https://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1796810-Top-Priority-Environment-Vortex

WABO423
12-01-2017, 12:58 AM
In my experience with this bug seems like it happens after hit, blocking, cgbing remotely close to a hazard causes you to get sucked towards it. When it happens your character constantly walks backwards, you either have to keep dashing forward or walk forward for a time until it stops, sometimes rotating your camera 180 degrees stop it also.

bob333e
12-01-2017, 01:06 AM
Yeah, it happens when you CGB, or when you get kicked/shoved after a GB, or when you eat an unblockable kick/punch/shove/bash, or when you get parried, if you're near a ledge/envirohazard. In my case, happened in Gauntlet, in a duel against a Raider. He landed a pommel bash, I dodged the followup, but my character started sliding towards the ledge.

Edit: I think it's the ledge/hazard detection radius/thing that was modified and became super-sensitive to any player near a ledge/hazard. Vacuums your character in, because it calculates that because your character was in a recovery state near a ledge/hazard, your character must make contact with that ledge/hazard.

Arekonator
12-01-2017, 03:10 AM
I've been experiencing similar issues. Berserker guardbreaking warlord near the ledge but ledging himself instead, situation where my leg suddenly slips because i dodged close to ledge and i fall out of the map etc.
The real question is, how do you even screw this up, taking something that works and just breaking it.
Lawbringer silent emotes still not fixed while others are.
Your testers are doing terrible job, all this stuff, relase state of shaman on top of it etc..
If i did my job same way they do, i would be unemployed very very quickly.