PDA

View Full Version : becoming increasingly frustrated with Shaman in Tribute

Vordred
11-30-2017, 09:18 PM
when you get a couple of these on one team, it just becomes a frustrating mess.

obviously, having multiple op shamans is always going to be annoying anyway. but in tribute, it's way worse. first, they run ridiculously fast when carrying a flag, unless you are also playing an assassin, forget catching them. even something like a Warden can't run them down.

then on top of that, they have 3 trap feats. so constantly dealing with endless traps gets really tiresome.

David_gorda
11-30-2017, 09:23 PM
Nothing new, shaman is Broken even after nerf, very strong feats to with bleed trap and bleed throwing axe aswell. Pounce Someone in the Wall for free heavy, which opens up unblockable mixups, pretty damn op Class lol.

bob333e
11-30-2017, 09:35 PM
She does run faster than everyone else, and she can leap greater than most other heroes. But in Tribute you could easily snatch the offering when a Shaman player is attempting to plant it on a shrine. Rather than running her down and challenging her stronger points, go catch her at the shrine. At that point it helps greatly if you know how to deal against Shaman, because you'll have to kill your opponent if you want to snatch the offering and run to your shrine. I recommend practicing against level 3 Shaman bots daily, for like 30mins a day, till you feel confident in facing a Shaman in PvP.

Also, if you don't play Tribute with a premade team, whole Tribute is ugly, not just Shaman in Tribute. I only play Tribute as PvAI, as I only have three friends who play For Honor and they're rarely online same time as me.

Vordred
11-30-2017, 09:39 PM
thats my point though, if she steals one of our tribute, you have to chase her all the way back to her base to get it back, because you can't catch her, that's just unfair. she shouldn't run that fast with a Flag.

Jarl.Felix
11-30-2017, 09:41 PM
Nothing new, shaman is Broken even after nerf, very strong feats to with bleed trap and bleed throwing axe aswell. Pounce Someone in the Wall for free heavy, which opens up unblockable mixups, pretty damn op Class lol.

They still need to nerf it more.

bob333e
11-30-2017, 09:43 PM
I'd also say she shouldn't be able to outrun every other hero like that. She runs too fast. Though I never heard nor read about anything related to her sprinting speed, so I guess we players have to cope with it and find ways around it.

In the case of Tribute, I strongly recommend a premade team. That way you can co-op with teammates as to who stays at the shrine guarding an offering, and who camps at the enemy shrine waiting for a Shaman if a Shaman stole an offering. Things like that. The entirety of Tribute was built on teamwork. Something I cannot do yet because as I said, only three For Honor friends and they're seldom online when I am. I tried Tribute random matching and it was every man for himself. It wasn't pretty.

brashtralas
11-30-2017, 11:04 PM
I thought from the beginning that the run speed with a tribute should be flat across the board. Not sure why itís not.

Vordred
12-01-2017, 12:15 AM
yeah i think it should be a set speed for everyone, but i would say as i mostly play highlander and he can't catch anyone lol, but the shaman needs looking at, because he feels like she is hardly affected at all by carrying the flag.

Alustar.
12-01-2017, 12:30 AM
Is not a set speed because not every hero has the same options and stat lay out to support treating everyone uniformly. It didn't make sense to have heavy class run the same as light class when encumbered, that is the purpose of team play. That's why we have hero classes and unique movements. Yes it's frustrating, but if you try and treat every hero the same that's going to kill 90% of the tactical aspect of this match.

David_gorda
12-01-2017, 12:35 AM
Heavies are slow so should be better at
Defending but shaman is one few classes that has several traps. Tbh Heavies are to squaishy compared to other pvp games with objectives like dominion or tribute. Heavy classes cant defend a point longer then other classes which ruins the different classes. Basicly best to run 4 assassins in all gamemodes which is bad.

Alustar.
12-01-2017, 12:57 AM
Heavies are slow so should be better at
Defending but shaman is one few classes that has several traps. Tbh Heavies are to squaishy compared to other pvp games with objectives like dominion or tribute. Heavy classes cant defend a point longer then other classes which ruins the different classes. Basicly best to run 4 assassins in all gamemodes which is bad.

Running an all assassin squad is asking to get rekt by a group that it's tactics.
It's not the class that's messing with you guys, is the players.

David_gorda
12-01-2017, 01:03 AM
Running an all assassin squad is asking to get rekt by a group that it's tactics.
It's not the class that's messing with you guys, is the players.really? What competition team use a heavy i dominion now? Its nobuchi, pk, shaman, glad, maybe Raider or lawbringer. Would be intresting to see how stats Of top teams in for honor what Classes they play in 4vs 4

Vordred
12-01-2017, 01:19 AM
Is not a set speed because not every hero has the same options and stat lay out to support treating everyone uniformly. It didn't make sense to have heavy class run the same as light class when encumbered, that is the purpose of team play. That's why we have hero classes and unique movements. Yes it's frustrating, but if you try and treat every hero the same that's going to kill 90% of the tactical aspect of this match.

that's fine, but my point about the shaman still stands, she is way fast than everyone else. which is BS

though David is kind of right too, these days, heavy's aren't that great for defending anything. I'd definitely find it more annoying to confronted with a Shaman defender than turning up and finding a Conq guarding it.

brashtralas
12-01-2017, 02:40 AM

Then assassins run at x%, heavy at y%... etc.

Alustar.
12-01-2017, 03:56 AM
My problem is it didn't seem consistent across all heroes. In ok with a standard debuff of say like -5% run speed for all heroes. It didn't make sense that the debuff doesn't seem to effect us uniformly.

Alustar.
12-01-2017, 06:45 AM
that's fine, but my point about the shaman still stands, she is way fast than everyone else. which is BS

though David is kind of right too, these days, heavy's aren't that great for defending anything. I'd definitely find it more annoying to confronted with a Shaman defender than turning up and finding a Conq guarding it.

It dors seem something is up with both new heroes actually, I'm not sure if they are being as effected by the speed debuff.

On the note of hero dice, I think that's a two fold problem, in the one hand, the S1 roster all needs help, till we see some reptile I don't think will see many. The other issue is purely player side. A lot of players would rather be able to visit give chase on an opponent. The match ups I've had with all assassin rosters have usually been pretty quick. Because they have no beefy defensive players or a good hybrid or two, they miss out on the biggest aspect of these matches, move diversity. When it's all assassins, you know is gong to be nothing but dash/dodge strikers and tag teams. With a varied roster I've always had more trouble and honestly more fun.

PDXGorechild
12-01-2017, 02:33 PM
Does anyone know how much damage her throwing axe does? I noticed it's a level 3 feat like my Berserker's but that it also seems to be the same speed, damage AND causes bleed. So it's just outright better. Get your head around that one.

Alustar.
12-01-2017, 02:43 PM
Does anyone know how much damage her throwing axe does? I noticed it's a level 3 feat like my Berserker's but that it also seems to be the same speed, damage AND causes bleed. So it's just outright better. Get your head around that one.

I wonder why there is a difference at all? It helps with getting free bleed damage, and while the actual values aren't extremely high, it makes me wonder.
Typically damage over time abilities deal more damage, just over a longer period. Granted for honor doesn't always follow orthodox gameplay patterns.

SlickCriminal27
12-01-2017, 02:45 PM
Even after nerf this trash character is annoying, she should be nerfed more.

PDXGorechild
12-01-2017, 03:32 PM
I wonder why there is a difference at all? It helps with getting free bleed damage, and while the actual values aren't extremely high, it makes me wonder.
Typically damage over time abilities deal more damage, just over a longer period. Granted for honor doesn't always follow orthodox gameplay patterns.

There shouldn't be a difference. It's a level 3 feat, they both throw an axe. It even uses the same icon and animation I think. I wouldn't mind if the Shamans did a bit more damage but over a longer period of time, not that it makes sense but whatever, but as far as I can tell it's just outright superior. May be wrong but it wouldn't surprise me with Ubisoft man.

Alustar.
12-01-2017, 03:45 PM
There shouldn't be a difference. It's a level 3 feat, they both throw an axe. It even uses the same icon and animation I think. I wouldn't mind if the Shamans did a bit more damage but over a longer period of time, not that it makes sense but whatever, but as far as I can tell it's just outright superior. May be wrong but it wouldn't surprise me with Ubisoft man.

Yeah, I hear you there. I checked out both of them and get this, the difference is in the nomenclature:
Berserker has Throwing axe does moderate straight damage, whereas the Shaman has Hand axe doing medium bleed damage.

One important note is that the lethal damage from the shaman perk is not very high(less that a quarter bar I think?) I've got someone with it at half life and bled most of that off without killing them, then likewise hit another player close to critical and killed them.