PDA

View Full Version : So i played with shaman after nerf

David_gorda
11-30-2017, 08:45 PM
And i still get Lots Of hate messages after match lol. What were the devs smoking when the made this Class? Aramusha is not as good but its a poorly design infinite spam, feint, Continue spam takes No stamina go on for ever combo that takes No skill. Zzzzzz.....

Oupyz
11-30-2017, 09:03 PM
for god sake stop it , we are already suffering from turtle meta on pc and now it's taken ton to kill anybody with shaman , the matches become zzzzz they cut her damage by 20+% be happy what more do u want ....

Vordred
11-30-2017, 09:30 PM
that's probably because the nerf doesn't really do much. it didn't include the tracking fix, and other than, she got she got a small damage nerf to her dodge attacks. nothing that going to really have much of an impact.

and man you really do hate the Aramusha don't, and your right his light infinite combo takes no skill, but really if someone lets just going top,side,top,side top until your dead, they probably deserved it.

honestly, the aramusha light spam is easier to deal with than say PK light spam, because it's predictable. you know what it's going to be and when it's going to be, if he hits you with a top, you know it will be a side next, even if you just guess thats a 50% chance to guess right, if he hit you, then you know it will be top, so you have a 100% chance of guessing right.

Arekonator
11-30-2017, 09:35 PM
Nah, her damage was brought in line with other characters, 400/500ms dodge attacks taking whole bar was way too much and now its still nothing to scoff at.
I would definitelly nerf her throw distance. Combined with guaranteed pounce from throw, it makes her better at ledging than warlord and say what you want, but thats just wrong.
Light cancel doing 20 dmg might be a bit much, but we can wait and see about that.

David_gorda
11-30-2017, 09:36 PM
Yeah i hate aramusha but shaman is alot more op. Very unfait against the original classes.

JadeBosson.
12-01-2017, 02:47 AM
Be me
can already easily kill shaman and play as
struggles fighting aramusha but can use pretty well
~
shaman gets nerf (for some reason)
aramusha untouched
~
Still easily kills shaman and plays as
still struggling with aramusha fights but can still use pretty well

JadeBosson.
12-01-2017, 08:30 AM
"You guys rely too much on blocks try and actually dodge bro you're an assassin it's that simple."

Incase you didn't know guy who assumes we rely on blocks to much theres a bug that doesn't allow assassins to block or dodge after getting hit by 1 single light from him

Howard_T_J
12-01-2017, 08:39 AM
"You guys rely too much on blocks try and actually dodge bro you're an assassin it's that simple."

Incase you didn't know guy who assumes we rely on blocks to much theres a bug that doesn't allow assassins to block or dodge after getting hit by 1 single light from him

I can block top light from his chain and wind gust his top. But Orochi can't recover fast enough to side dodge any of his attacks if he keeps light attacking.

But the problem is. the wind gust doesn't even fast him. He'll go back to his light chains after you nail him with it because of his passive. And he'll hit you before you return to defensive positioning

Vordred
12-01-2017, 09:24 AM
I can block top light from his chain and wind gust his top. But Orochi can't recover fast enough to side dodge any of his attacks if he keeps light attacking.

But the problem is. the wind gust doesn't even fast him. He'll go back to his light chains after you nail him with it because of his passive. And he'll hit you before you return to defensive positioning

what passive would that be? if you are talking about rocksteady, that only prevents you from falling or wallsplating. doesn't lower your hit reaction

PDXGorechild
12-01-2017, 02:16 PM
There's no bug that stops Asssassins with reflex guard blocking the next hit. I do it all time as Berserker on PS4.

Yet again, it's difficult, I will agree. Aramashu carves me up often and is difficult and frustrating to play against but it is not impossible.

I wish people would stop pretending there's some sort of technical fault that stops them beating Aramashu.

Alustar.
12-01-2017, 02:38 PM
There's no bug that stops Asssassins with reflex guard blocking the next hit. I do it all time as Berserker on PS4.

Yet again, it's difficult, I will agree. Aramashu carves me up often and is difficult and frustrating to play against but it is not impossible.

I wish people would stop pretending there's some sort of technical fault that stops them beating Aramashu.

Agreed, the problem is panicking and permitting a dodge or block that results in a missed actin on their part. Too many players are going to complain before they make any honest attempt to try and find viable counters for the problems they face.

Want to know the best way to avoid light spam? Don't let them hit first. You are an assassin. Be an assassin and fight dirty. Musha has very be safe openers.

Vakris_One
12-01-2017, 04:31 PM
Yeah i hate aramusha but shaman is alot more op. Very unfait against the original classes.
I wouldn't say that. I've won about 90% of my matches against a Shaman while using my Kensei. He's my strongest character against her. The characters without dodge strikes do find it harder to fight against her but it's not impossible. I've been dismantled by Wardens and Conquerrors while playing as her. Yes, she does have the most varied kit in the game but that's kind of the point of her - jack of all trades but (supposed to be) master of none. We're going to be getting OG character reworks in future because of the things the devs have learned while making new characters like her.

David_gorda
12-01-2017, 04:38 PM
I wouldn't say that. I've won about 90% of my matches against a Shaman while using my Kensei. He's my strongest character against her. The characters without dodge strikes do find it harder to fight against her but it's not impossible. I've been dismantled by Wardens and Conquerrors while playing as her. Yes, she does have the most varied kit in the game but that's kind of the point of her - jack of all trades but (supposed to be) master of none. We're going to be getting OG character reworks in future because of the things the devs have learned while making new characters like her.against classes with dodge attacks i can just feint the Pounce and parry or deflect their attack, is it possible to beat shaman? Yes but its one Of the strongest if not the strongest classes. I want shaman playable because its a cool designed Class but still needs
Some more nerfs.

Vakris_One
12-01-2017, 07:02 PM
against classes with dodge attacks i can just feint the Pounce and parry or deflect their attack, is it possible to beat shaman? Yes but its one Of the strongest if not the strongest classes. I want shaman playable because its a cool designed Class but still needs
Some more nerfs.
Well to me, I've been sticking with Kensei since Beta and then ever since I bought into the game in early Season 2 so pretty much almost every other class is stronger than him because they have more options than him. I've learned to fight against uphill battles so I've never found any of the new heroes incredibly jarring to adapt to even when they did need to be toned down.

There's only so much nerfing they can do on her until they hit her right in the core of what she is supposed to be as a character. I wouldn't want to see them nerf her to the ground like what happened briefly to the Warlord and especially with character reworks on the horizon. I'd want to see what the reworks for the entire roster bring to the table first before thinking about further nerfs on Shaman outside of sorting out her unintended tracking.

David_gorda
12-01-2017, 07:08 PM
Well to me, I've been sticking with Kensei since Beta and then ever since I bought into the game in early Season 2 so pretty much almost every other class is stronger than him because they have more options than him. I've learned to fight against uphill battles so I've never found any of the new heroes incredibly jarring to adapt to even when they did need to be toned down.

There's only so much nerfing they can do on her until they hit her right in the core of what she is supposed to be as a character. I wouldn't want to see them nerf her to the ground like what happened briefly to the Warlord and especially with character reworks on the horizon. I'd want to see what the reworks for the entire roster bring to the table first before thinking about further nerfs on Shaman outside of sorting out her unintended tracking.fair enough and respect to sticking to Kensai. Good kensai and raiders are the most fun classes to play against because Of the mixups and mindgames. 👍

bob333e
12-01-2017, 08:09 PM
And i still get Lots Of hate messages after match lol. What were the devs smoking when the made this Class? Aramusha is not as good but its a poorly design infinite spam, feint, Continue spam takes No stamina go on for ever combo that takes No skill. Zzzzzz.....

Since you've been so kind as to try to trash my thread with senseless childish stuff, I will return the kindness and trash yours as well.

Shaman isn't OP. Neither is Aramusha. Git gud troll.

David_gorda
12-01-2017, 08:15 PM
Since you've been so kind as to try to trash my thread with senseless childish stuff, I will return the kindness and trash yours as well.

Shaman isn't OP. Neither is Aramusha. Git gud troll.shaman is op, aramusha is not op but poorly designed. Thx for your feedback anyway appreciate it :)

bob333e
12-01-2017, 08:17 PM
You don't even have a profile on the FHTracker. All this talk of "muh prestige 100+" was all lies and theatrical play but in reality you're nothing and you probably don't even play For Honor.

Happy trolling on these forums. I'll be here trolling you back.

bob333e
12-01-2017, 08:22 PM
Oh. he fell silent. :(

David_gorda
12-01-2017, 08:24 PM
You don't even have a profile on the FHTracker. All this talk of "muh prestige 100+" was all lies and theatrical play but in reality you're nothing and you probably don't even play For Honor.

Happy trolling on these forums. I'll be here trolling you back.
https://fhtracker.com/profile/psn/davidgorda Just for you, sorry i am busy playing weekend league in FIFA so cant answer you right away darling :)

bob333e
12-01-2017, 08:26 PM
shaman is op, aramusha is not op but poorly designed. Thx for your feedback anyway appreciate it :)

And to note: Shaman's kit isn't overpowered. It was wrong damage values and broken tracking hitboxes. After these get their fix, she'll be amazing and well-rounded. Best advice I can give? go learn to counter her. It's her combos and mixups you need to worry about. Don't mind that K/D dropping a little, unless losing in a videogame is a real-life situation to you. Then I feel sorry for you.

Aramusha is well-rounded, save for what seems an accidental problem that allows him to chain top and side light attacks in rapid succession, which, compared to the rest of his moves, is still a counterable and reactable move, though harder with assassins but still doable. He's fine as-is. I'm sorry, but practicing against him (again) is all I can say.

When you try to be mature, I can return the favor. You only have to try. :)

bob333e
12-01-2017, 08:28 PM
https://fhtracker.com/profile/psn/davidgorda Just for you, sorry i am busy playing weekend league in FIFA so cant answer you right away darling :)

I ain't even gonna check. It was a low-ball attempt. I don't care about the tracker, sweetie. I'm not actually that prejudiced with numbers and appearances.

David_gorda
12-01-2017, 08:29 PM
I ain't even gonna check. It was a low-ball attempt. I don't care about the tracker, sweetie. I'm not actually that prejudiced with numbers and appearances.lucky me, My stats sucks you could have hurt My feelings :)

bob333e
12-01-2017, 08:34 PM
Again, stats say nothing of a person's skillfulness in For Honor. You could have flawlessed someone the first round, he ledges you the next. And let's not mention the gankfests in 4v4s. Obviously you're going to have a lot of registered deaths and losses.

I just wish you would stop caring about them so much, and just enjoy the game.

David_gorda
12-01-2017, 08:42 PM
Again, stats say nothing of a person's skillfulness in For Honor. You could have flawlessed someone the first round, he ledges you the next. And let's not mention the gankfests in 4v4s. Obviously you're going to have a lot of registered deaths and losses.

I just wish you would stop caring about them so much, and just enjoy the game. i dont care about stats, i play for fun, thx for your input anyways mr Drizzt do urd'en

bob333e
12-01-2017, 08:45 PM
i play for fun

Oh come on. We both know the truth.

thx for your input anyways mr Drizzt do urd'en

At least there's some skill in recognizing characters from other references and sources. Amen to that. ;)

David_gorda
12-01-2017, 08:54 PM
Oh come on. We both know the truth.

At least there's some skill in recognizing characters from other references and sources. Amen to that. ;)
Hehe winning=fun :)

CandleInTheDark
12-01-2017, 09:09 PM
Saltiness of opponents should not dictate what needs doing with a character, I just made a player ragequit duel with kensei..

David_gorda
12-01-2017, 09:22 PM
Saltiness of opponents should not dictate what needs doing with a character, I just made a player ragequit duel with kensei..kensai op, nerf nerf nerf! : D

Erhanninja
12-01-2017, 09:39 PM
Decreasing her damage isn’t the real problem here...her tracking, throw distance, her pounce. Developers are really persistent about not listening to what people say. Keep going good luck..

CandleInTheDark
12-01-2017, 09:51 PM
kensai op, nerf nerf nerf! : D

It was my first xp match with Kensei as well lol, though I have spent the last week I haven't been playing my regular characters against level 3 bots, I have OCD, if I start a character I need to know I can stand playing them long enough to get their first rep point.

Decreasing her damage isn’t the real problem here...her tracking, throw distance, her pounce. Developers are really persistent about not listening to what people say. Keep going good luck..

They have a fix for her tracking but that isn't something they can do in a live update, they have to do a server/title update. Throw distance I agree with, the pounce they have dialled back damage, part of it is on players who won't at least try her against bots. I can dodge the pounce at a decent percentage, but I can read it coming because I have seen its lead up from my side of the screen when using it.

bmason1000
12-01-2017, 10:14 PM
It was my first xp match with Kensei as well lol, though I have spent the last week I haven't been playing my regular characters against level 3 bots, I have OCD, if I start a character I need to know I can stand playing them long enough to get their first rep point.

They have a fix for her tracking but that isn't something they can do in a live update, they have to do a server/title update. Throw distance I agree with, the pounce they have dialled back damage, part of it is on players who won't at least try her against bots. I can dodge the pounce at a decent percentage, but I can read it coming because I have seen its lead up from my side of the screen when using it.I think when people say "pounce" they mean the bite attack, which did not get nerfed. They nerfed damage on "wild cats pounce" which is NOT the bite. Bite is called predator's mercy, right?

CandleInTheDark
12-01-2017, 10:22 PM
I think when people say "pounce" they mean the bite attack, which did not get nerfed. They nerfed damage on "wild cats pounce" which is NOT the bite. Bite is called predator's mercy, right?

Ah,fair point, I thought they had done something with predator's mercy, just re-read the patchnotes. So it seems in that particular move it will come down to the tracking along with the other lunges.

bmason1000
12-01-2017, 10:30 PM
Ah,fair point, I thought they had done something with predator's mercy, just re-read the patchnotes. So it seems in that particular move it will come down to the tracking along with the other lunges.i wouldnt be opposed to a damage nerf on, considering it's other restorative qualities. Definitely interested to see how fixing the tracking on it effects it though, maybe it'll be hard enough to land that the damage isn't as big of an issue.

Spectre_198
12-01-2017, 10:36 PM
Shamans fun to play against now, her tackle isn't a guarantee anymore her damage output is just about balanced; Matches against them (Depending on the player of course) are usually 50/50 which is good. I play Aramusha too and can guarantee that the light spam is beatable thats why higher rep players rarely use it

Vordred
12-01-2017, 10:45 PM
Shamans fun to play against now, her tackle isn't a guarantee anymore her damage output is just about balanced; Matches against them (Depending on the player of course) are usually 50/50 which is good. I play Aramusha too and can guarantee that the light spam is beatable thats why higher rep players rarely use it

except the tackle hasn't changed, it's exactly the same as before.

Howard_T_J
12-01-2017, 11:03 PM
what passive would that be? if you are talking about rocksteady, that only prevents you from falling or wallsplating. doesn't lower your hit reaction

Oh I thought it would have affect against windgust. Its the only character thats been able to attack me directly after a windgust without me resetting back into guard.

Vordred
12-01-2017, 11:11 PM
Oh I thought it would have affect against windgust. Its the only character thats been able to attack me directly after a windgust without me resetting back into guard.

i've had bot orochi's do it to me, seemed to work ok, but this is for honor, weird stuff happens all the time. so i don't really know on that one, but it's not the passive feat.

We.the.North
12-01-2017, 11:33 PM
Damage was a small part of the issue with Shaman. The real issues are :

- The tracking on most of her attacks
- The range of her leap attack
- The insane recovery time she has (just try to ranged GB a shaman, she'll ALWAYS be able to counter guardbreak you even if she JUST whiffed an attack or made a dodge attack)

Other than that, she has absurdly good feats and self healing ... **** that. Not to mention right now in competitive Dominion, almost all the teams I saw used a nobushi spreading bleed and 1 or 2 shaman pouncing left and right. It's cancerous.

Vakris_One
12-02-2017, 12:21 AM
Saltiness of opponents should not dictate what needs doing with a character, I just made a player ragequit duel with kensei..
Devs, you didn't read this. Put the nerf hammer down. Here, look into this flashy thing...

http://cdn3.slus.name/24/be/24be88d5689d4248ebf98d27b17d1c28.jpg

:p

Rikuto01.tv
12-02-2017, 01:15 AM
The problem is they are nerfing stats instead of function.

You can nerf stats all you want, it doesn't make the function any less broken. Just look at warlord headbutt. It gets spammed for a reason and the actual damage numbers guaranteed by it are terrible.

FH is in this really bad place right now where they built this big directional combat system and then realized that competitively it doesn't function at all, so they've been giving characters unblockable situations as a crutch to get around it.

If they had stuck with the "blue parry attack" system they had in their early prototypes and evolved that we would've been in a far better place today.

David_gorda
12-02-2017, 01:32 AM
^ i dont Know what the "blue parry attack" was but the problem since launch is that parry gives to much reward. Guarantee guardbreak that usually leads to heavy or instant death from environmental Hazard. Instead they implemented new classes with unblockables, shinobi, centurion highlander, gladiator, shaman and aramusha has them. Wrong approach to try to fix defence meta IMO. :(

brashtralas
12-02-2017, 01:59 AM
I also do not know what “blue parry attack” is, but would like to know more. I googled it with no results.