PDA

View Full Version : Just got screwed out of one the more difficult orders.

bsg3003
11-30-2017, 08:25 AM
I just spent the last few hours trying to complete this ridiculous “capture 8 zones in one match order” and here’s my final attempt:

https://youtu.be/-z01_oXc7aE

So I’m usually not one to complain, and generally I enjoy this game, but WTF IS THIS ****.

My connection was golden, I haven’t been booted for weeks, but all of a sudden, right after I get that last zone, I get booted? I feel like this is some nefarious BS.

Does anyone else have trouble with this order or am I just some poor unlucky bastard?

CandleInTheDark
11-30-2017, 03:50 PM
Yeah I think those orders are set just a little bit too high. The best advice I can give in terms of that order is PvAI with matchmaking turned off (that is important), this way you can not really engage in the game, let a zone go the enemy's colour, wait a few seconds until they go since bots rarely boost and flip it back your own.

Vakris_One
11-30-2017, 04:15 PM
Yeah, I've encountered this order and it is hellish to complete in PvP matches. The Tribute one is very frustrating to do even in a full PvAI match since the AI keep taking the tributes. Even if you smack them and go to take it yourself they just push you away to take it again. I hadn't thought of Candle's idea since I kind of always want to play the game mode rather than do it solely for grinding an order but his idea is probably the best way to fill this order.

The one time I got this order I was carrying it for 2 days and eventually I was lucky enough to fill it by accident in a really close PvP Tribute match. They really should change it to something like, "Capture 12 zones or Claim a Tribute 12 times" and have it count these requirements across all the Dom/Tribute matches you do.

CandleInTheDark
11-30-2017, 04:24 PM
They really should change it to something like, "Capture 12 zones or Claim a Tribute 12 times" and have it count these requirements across all the Dom/Tribute matches you do.

Very much this, they could increase the number to something like 15-20,just have every one count.

bob333e
11-30-2017, 05:36 PM
What both Candle and Vakris said.

Always grind orders in PvAI. I've encountered the 8-zone-in-one-match one and the claim-20-offerings one. I've encountered them all. In PvAI it's much, much safer from disconnects and timeouts, and you can let the bots take a zone / claim an offering and go steal it right back.

In Tribute in Market Town, there's an altar right on a wooden bridge with two tight access corridors from the sides, and a drop down to the street below. I go grab an offering, plant it in that shrine, and I camp there waiting for the enemy. I let them come and remove the offering, hit them then shove off the ledge down the street, replace the offering back in the shrine, bam, that's 1 registered claim. Rinse and repeat. :)