PDA

View Full Version : Gamemode from Campaign: Push Forward

Ianoneshot
11-30-2017, 03:51 AM
If you played the entire campaign you will remember the 2nd level for the knights... (probably) You needed to push forward in that gamemode.

I think that this would be a good "push the front-lines" gamemode.
http://gameplay.tips/uploads/posts/2017-02/1487196489_1.jpg

This will most likley be in the "Objectives" section of the game due to having an objective of pushing forward.

https://i.ytimg.com/vi/xeJueJ_c9rk/maxresdefault.jpg

Now I know this may not be much of a creative idea but I believe people will buy into it. The trailers in 2015 after all show more of a "push the frontlines" feel to it. So I thought this could fill that void of a reall large-scale battle, extending to more than just Zone B.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zvbbgqj8KAI

CandleInTheDark
11-30-2017, 03:56 AM
Sounds a lot like a couple of modes in Battlefield. In one mode, the side that takes the zones past the current front line moves the front line, in another it is one way traffic in which the attackers have to take three parallel zones and the defenders have so many lines they can fall back on.

The only issue I can find with it is I wonder if some of the maps are big enough to support that.

Alustar.
11-30-2017, 03:56 AM
This deserves more attention as after playing that portion of the campaign I'm surprised that type of match didn't make it to multiplayer.

Ianoneshot
11-30-2017, 04:31 AM
This deserves more attention as after playing that portion of the campaign I'm surprised that type of match didn't make it to multiplayer.

I agree

Ianoneshot
11-30-2017, 04:33 AM
The only issue I can find with it is I wonder if some of the maps are big enough to support that.

Well, in the campaign has this "gamemode" literally in Citadel Gate (as shown in the pictures).

Illyrian_King
11-30-2017, 01:12 PM
I think it would be better to bring this into the existing Dominion Mode :rolleyes:

Let minions push forward till the spawning location of attackers and defenders instead of keeoing them just in the middöe! Add archers and captains into the match and let minions roam the map instead of being banned in the middle lane of every map!

Ianoneshot
11-30-2017, 01:55 PM
I think the coolest gamemode we could add would be Siege/a Siege like mode.
Remember the mission from the Knights' campaign where you push a battering ram to the gates of a stronghold?
Wouldn't that be awesome if we could add that as a gamemode?

1 team has to protect the minions pushing it while the other is trying to kill the minions and stop the push. If minions are killed, the attacking team would have to wait for more to arrive.
And the mode would continue if the attacking team manages to get the battering ram all the way to the gates and break them open.

I don't imagine it would be too hard to implement this kind of gamemode, just copy and paste the mission and make it into a multiplayer mode.
I think most people wouldn't mind if this kind of thing even replaced dominion, as we've been asking for a mode like this since release, even I made a big post about it around February on another account.
We could truly make a medieval castle/stronghold siege experience.

That sounds pretty good. However I don't know a map that could support that.

CandleInTheDark
11-30-2017, 03:58 PM
Well, in the campaign has this "gamemode" literally in Citadel Gate (as shown in the pictures).

Ah yeah, fair point, I certainlywouldn't mind if they had enough maps for it.

bob333e
11-30-2017, 06:54 PM
I think the coolest gamemode we could add would be Siege/a Siege like mode.
Remember the mission from the Knights' campaign where you push a battering ram to the gates of a stronghold?
Wouldn't that be awesome if we could add that as a gamemode?

1 team has to protect the minions pushing it while the other is trying to kill the minions and stop the push. If minions are killed, the attacking team would have to wait for more to arrive.
And the mode would continue if the attacking team manages to get the battering ram all the way to the gates and break them open.

I don't imagine it would be too hard to implement this kind of gamemode, just copy and paste the mission and make it into a multiplayer mode.
I think most people wouldn't mind if this kind of thing even replaced dominion, as we've been asking for a mode like this since release, even I made a big post about it around February on another account.
We could truly make a medieval castle/stronghold siege experience.

This would be awesome. Only, minions are one-shot-killed by heroes, as seen in Dominion and Skirmish. Far too often it'll be too easy for us to kill the minions pushing the battering ram and the ram will find itself pausing a lot more than progressing forward, effectively making this a boring stalling game for the duration of the match. Let's not forget about feats. One feat of arrow storm or bomb can kill all minions in one shot.

If they were to interpret this mode into multiplayer, I suggest they replace the minions with level 1 and level 2 hero bots. With having these bots focus more on pushing the ram than helping the human players gank the opposing player team. But they'll still defend themselves nevertheless.

Also, it should incorporate challenging tasks for the players protecting the ram, not just "stand there and kill the enemy players". You should clear the way, clear debris, open some gate, lower some bridge.... this would make the players spread out and have this a more challenging and fun task to successfully lay siege on a castle/fortress, rather than having everyone clustered below the ram hacking at each other (and at the bots).

Ianoneshot
12-01-2017, 11:33 PM
This would be awesome. Only, minions are one-shot-killed by heroes, as seen in Dominion and Skirmish. Far too often it'll be too easy for us to kill the minions pushing the battering ram and the ram will find itself pausing a lot more than progressing forward, effectively making this a boring stalling game for the duration of the match. Let's not forget about feats. One feat of arrow storm or bomb can kill all minions in one shot.

If they were to interpret this mode into multiplayer, I suggest they replace the minions with level 1 and level 2 hero bots. With having these bots focus more on pushing the ram than helping the human players gank the opposing player team. But they'll still defend themselves nevertheless.

Also, it should incorporate challenging tasks for the players protecting the ram, not just "stand there and kill the enemy players". You should clear the way, clear debris, open some gate, lower some bridge.... this would make the players spread out and have this a more challenging and fun task to successfully lay siege on a castle/fortress, rather than having everyone clustered below the ram hacking at each other (and at the bots).

cool idea but let's stay on topic.