PDA

View Full Version : New Game Type

Wes8504
11-29-2017, 09:33 PM
I would like to see a Free For All match type for 3 - 5 people. For match making, you can only go in solo (to try to prevent team ganking). I think that this match type would really shine in Custom Matches. There have been several times my friends and I have been playing customs and just want to have a massive rumble. It would be so great if the Dev Team could at least find a way to put it into Custom matches if they didn't feel it could work in Match Making game types.

WABO423
11-29-2017, 10:32 PM
Iíve wanted this for awhile, i think it would be fun to play a 3 to 8 player brawls even if it was only in custom matches.

JadeBosson.
11-29-2017, 10:42 PM
would prob play this all the time with friends

Okita_Soji..
11-29-2017, 11:56 PM
The trouble is if 8 players were involved it would go to 4 1v1's like how brawls are 2 1v1's and if you double team someone you get "wtf" message and a bunch of whining...

ChampionRuby50g
11-30-2017, 12:05 AM
The trouble is if 8 players were involved it would go to 4 1v1's like how brawls are 2 1v1's and if you double team someone you get "wtf" message and a bunch of whining...

If it's a free for all and players do that...that's literally the players fault. It's a free for all, meaning anything goes. I'd laugh at the player if they message me in that situation, I wouldn't want to jump into a 8 man free for all only to respect 1v1s. I'd want players to gank me as a challenge to myself. First player to win a 7v1 gets a spot in For Honor Hall Of Fame.

Okita_Soji..
11-30-2017, 12:16 AM
I've been in elimination games where it turns into 4v1 and they fight one at a time until that last guy is dead. It reminds me of an old schoolyard fight standing around two people fight.

WABO423
11-30-2017, 12:37 AM
I would like to have a no honor free for all, simply last man standing wins. Thatís the idea about this mode. And if someone jumps in on 2 people 1v1 well they would have to deal with it. Itís a free for all.

Illyrian_King
11-30-2017, 12:53 AM
I would like to see a Free For All match type for 3 - 5 people. For match making, you can only go in solo (to try to prevent team ganking). I think that this match type would really shine in Custom Matches. There have been several times my friends and I have been playing customs and just want to have a massive rumble. It would be so great if the Dev Team could at least find a way to put it into Custom matches if they didn't feel it could work in Match Making game types.

Don't take it personal, but I really never never never understood people asking Ubi for such a game mode, which is not special or something people would really play in long term at all. The simply reason why is, because a gankfest you can enjoy in Dominion all the time you want! It differs just a bit from what we have now, but so little it would be just a very little enrichment for the game.

In the end after several months or a year we get such a thing instead of something really spicy ... a Siege Mode (which is just one very prominent example) with multiple steps and different minions and siege tools is a thing that has been asked for since launch and at least 10 times more often, but it is a clutch of work. Maybe the biggest thing the ever would create in For Honor.

If people ask for such things like a "Free For All" ... they would have an excuse to bring something tiny, and say "hey guys we fullfilled our task ... why is the playerbase so tiny?", and rip the community off for like 9 other months :p

Dont get me wrong. I am not saying that a "Free For All Mode" was something bad, BUT it is poor in comparison to other bigger things we should all together ask for.

dizzy-glad
11-30-2017, 01:02 AM
I would play rumble/king of the hill all day. No gear stats or feats, maps are the size of brawls, everyone is forced to a small ring every 30 seconds, the player with the most time spent as the only one standing in the ring wins.

Blindjackel03
11-30-2017, 01:13 AM
I was thinking about this! IMO 6 players enclosed med area. All players start facing each other (circle type). No feats but yes gear stats. First player to win 2 matches wins it all! And yes please no bi$ching about 3vs1 , 2 vs1 etc ... thatís what this mode is about. I say itís worth a weekend trial?

Wes8504
11-30-2017, 02:08 PM
Don't take it personal, but I really never never never understood people asking Ubi for such a game mode, which is not special or something people would really play in long term at all. The simply reason why is, because a gankfest you can enjoy in Dominion all the time you want! It differs just a bit from what we have now, but so little it would be just a very little enrichment for the game.

In the end after several months or a year we get such a thing instead of something really spicy ... a Siege Mode (which is just one very prominent example) with multiple steps and different minions and siege tools is a thing that has been asked for since launch and at least 10 times more often, but it is a clutch of work. Maybe the biggest thing the ever would create in For Honor.

If people ask for such things like a "Free For All" ... they would have an excuse to bring something tiny, and say "hey guys we fullfilled our task ... why is the playerbase so tiny?", and rip the community off for like 9 other months :p

Dont get me wrong. I am not saying that a "Free For All Mode" was something bad, BUT it is poor in comparison to other bigger things we should all together ask for.

I'm not on the Dev team so I don't know, but from what I am assuming is that there are 3 different team pools you can be put into when joining a game - Attacker, Defender, and Neutral (I'm getting these off the colors you can pick when customizing your color sets). If that is the case, I don't think it would be that difficult to just expand duels to allow more players. However if duel still uses the Attacker/Defender team pools to check to see Friend vs Foe, then yes, this would require more work, but I would still like to see it one day, if only just in Customs to mess around with friends.