PDA

View Full Version : Greens decks need a rebalance.

vincenttnecniv
11-29-2017, 07:27 PM
At low ranks they're fine. No issue there. At 30 and beyond they're almost unbeatable. Lets look at the upside of greens.

Regeneration: Makes your tanks tankier, your fighters tanks, and assassins fighters.

Purify: A ONE ENERGY Shaman Token that's instant, and effects both sides. Also the ONLY counter to Regeneration.

Unholy Combustion: A pretty terrible card, but worth mentioning with the other bs they have.

Energy Staff and Choireboy Butters: Infinite Energy.

Cartman: Some love him. I think he's useless. If he gets dropped in a fight he can be a minor nuisance.

TLDR
The only counter to green is green. Move Purify to another deck or make Regeneration single target. Reduce energy regen amounts.

Stanima1981
11-29-2017, 08:46 PM
I am only in the 20's, so I have not experienced these jacked up versions of the main cards I run in my deck. I find the energy staff to be mediocre at best. Purify is fine if you play a purely defensive deck (I may have to try it out). But green lacks power. There needs to be support (I personally use blue because my highest card levels are in blue).

I have used Zen Cartman to great effect. As a magnet for attackers, coupled with an area damage spell like a fireball, and some heal...he stays alive forever. It allows assassins to take out whatever is left over. Use a headhunter assassin for quick damage on the opponent. Defend. Quick Strike. Rinse. Repeat.

I haven't used Unholy Combustion yet...but it looks cool. Regen for 3 is super cheap for 300+ health, but Hallelujah is only 4 and heals more immediately...so potato-tomato....I do agree...regenerate is a little broken once you hit card level 4.

It's the strategy and how your deck synergy plays out. Wise energy use and not over countering. Knowing when to push and when to hold up is a big part. Do some mental math with the opponents energy. Do you know when you have an advantage? If the Meta at the higher level is A Mystical Heal-All Deck...come up with a direct counter for it and try it out. Let me know how that goes so I can be prepared. Or join them... that works too.

vincenttnecniv
11-29-2017, 09:14 PM
I am only in the 20's, so I have not experienced these jacked up versions of the main cards I run in my deck. I find the energy staff to be mediocre at best. Purify is fine if you play a purely defensive deck (I may have to try it out). But green lacks power. There needs to be support (I personally use blue because my highest card levels are in blue).

I have used Zen Cartman to great effect. As a magnet for attackers, coupled with an area damage spell like a fireball, and some heal...he stays alive forever. It allows assassins to take out whatever is left over. Use a headhunter assassin for quick damage on the opponent. Defend. Quick Strike. Rinse. Repeat.

I haven't used Unholy Combustion yet...but it looks cool. Regen for 3 is super cheap for 300+ health, but Hallelujah is only 4 and heals more immediately...so potato-tomato....I do agree...regenerate is a little broken once you hit card level 4.

It's the strategy and how your deck synergy plays out. Wise energy use and not over countering. Knowing when to push and when to hold up is a big part. Do some mental math with the opponents energy. Do you know when you have an advantage? If the Meta at the higher level is A Mystical Heal-All Deck...come up with a direct counter for it and try it out. Let me know how that goes so I can be prepared. Or join them... that works too.

There isn't a counter to it. That's the problem. You can only counter the heal with a regen of your own or Purify which is in the green. That's dumb. Purify is OP as he'll. 1 mana? who balanced this game? Green has too many support cards that work well with every other deck. If you don't have some greens in your deck 90% of the time you lose.

Stanima1981
11-29-2017, 10:24 PM
What about a quick strike swarm type deck with poison and agro damage. Manipulate the opponent with mind control and slow them down with freeze. So Blue/Orange or Red/Orange.

ahmerali222
11-30-2017, 02:37 PM
This game has become "Who has the most powerful Mystical/Fantasy deck".

That is all.

SimpleJ32
12-01-2017, 12:40 AM
There isn't a counter to it. That's the problem. You can only counter the heal with a regen of your own or Purify which is in the green. That's dumb. Purify is OP as he'll. 1 mana? who balanced this game? Green has too many support cards that work well with every other deck. If you don't have some greens in your deck 90% of the time you lose.

Pufify is 1 mana because it's only purpose is pure defensive and it takes a slot in your deck. A Sci Fi deck has tons of freeze, mind control, and poison to mess with the field and you have to pick and choose when to use your purify. Regen gets countered by other offensive spells, such as poison, fireball, arrow storm, your own purify, or just straight up dps.

Just because you have trouble dealing with a Mystic deck doesn't make it OP.

jc322011
12-01-2017, 05:53 AM
Adventure for me, seems the most OP.

High DD spell, aoe DD spell, 2 low cost (2 energy) easy upgrade assassins, easy upgrade low cost (2 energy) fighter
1 shot Clyde, . Add green and blue, and it's a cop-out deck. 20-35 level range, unsure about higher levels.