PDA

View Full Version : Flag drop from friendly fire in tribute

Waxfacts
11-29-2017, 06:25 PM
Can we have it so when you receive friendly fire when you have a flag you stop dropping it? Or when picking it up/putting it down the animation wont be stopped by friendly fire?
More times than not im prevented my contracts because some guy thinks its funny to hit me constantly when trying to place a flag so he can troll or do it himself. I find it really frustrating. I play pvp tribute for the fun, competitio, and trying to win. I play the pve to try and do my contracts or learn the maps, but that seems pretty hard when a shaman (i wont even say character because whos not playing shaman) constantly stabs me in the back.

RiceComboA
11-29-2017, 06:35 PM
Yea, I've had ****** bags team mates who would constantly knock flags off myself and others on the team just so they can complete their orders.

It's annoying but Trolls are everywhere. There's always that one guy

Alustar.
11-29-2017, 07:20 PM
It's the only way to take it from bots, I honestly would hazards against this out you risk losing a match because of ****ty AI. I know it's frustrating, but I'd rather deal with that than bad ally bots that run around with offerings the whole match

Illyrian_King
11-29-2017, 08:35 PM
Can we have it so when you receive friendly fire when you have a flag you stop dropping it? Or when picking it up/putting it down the animation wont be stopped by friendly fire?
More times than not im prevented my contracts because some guy thinks its funny to hit me constantly when trying to place a flag so he can troll or do it himself. I find it really frustrating. I play pvp tribute for the fun, competitio, and trying to win. I play the pve to try and do my contracts or learn the maps, but that seems pretty hard when a shaman (i wont even say character because whos not playing shaman) constantly stabs me in the back.

Even teammates sometimes attacked me with intention to get the points instead of me :rolleyes:

UbiJurassic
11-29-2017, 09:11 PM
We've seen the suggestion several times from players and the request is reasonable. However, trolling could still be an issue if dropping the offering when hit by a teammate was disabled as well. They could simply hold the offering and not place it, with no way to get it from them other than having an opposing team attack them.

That said, I will certainly forward your suggestion to the team to be taken into consideration.

JadeBosson.
11-29-2017, 10:44 PM
I'd prefer they keep it as my controller died as soon as I got to the flag stand a day or so ago and the only way to get the flag was slashing my once

FredEx919
12-06-2017, 07:18 PM
Hey everyone, we got an update to this and it looks like we'll have some changes to this in an upcoming patch. No ETA at the moment, but expect full details on the changes in the near future. Thanks for letting us know your thoughts on the topic.

ODP.
12-06-2017, 10:35 PM
I have had a teammate grab a flag just before we were going to cap it and then take it all the way down to the other teams base. If we cant hit him to drop it...this can get even uglier in the future

bob333e
12-06-2017, 10:57 PM
Friendly fire should stay, imo. The inability to make a teammate forcefully drop the flag could lead to very ugly circumstances. Imagine the amount of trolling. And at times players can get stuck at specific spots in the maps, unable to escape until killed, etc. If they were carrying a flag and got stuck like that, and you cannot hit them to drop it, GG.

If you're doing Tribute specifically for orders, do so in PvAI. It's still a lot easier than PvP. The bots may present a challenging combat but at least they're programmed to play Tribute; they won't troll or waste your time. And they steal offerings way less than it happens in PvP.

Helnekromancer
12-07-2017, 03:12 AM
Friendly Fire should stay, and they should have given the ability to drop the flag whenever we want from the start. Remember people asking in the Warriors Den if the Flag can be dropped and they quickly said no. Why?

If someone needs the order done players can just drop it for him, especially if your playing in AI where you don't to worry about being 100% focused. I mean not everyone is this game a complete jerk.

Playing_Mantis
12-07-2017, 11:21 AM
I hate when teammates hit me and take the flag to get their orders. if someone just holds the flag does it really matter anyway?? its not helping either team at this point anyway. the enemy team will find them. maybe make it where if they have it for so long they slow down just like how running away does. when they lock onto an enemy it will reset the timer..?