PDA

View Full Version : "the software was closed because an error occurred"

JAAAASN
11-29-2017, 04:47 AM
Hello,

I've had my Nintendo Switch since March and have had no issues with software closing on any of the other games I've played extensively, including Zelda: BotW, Shovel Knight: Treasure Trove, Snipperclips, Stardew Valley, Mario Odyssey, and more. However, I've had Just Dance 2018 for 2 days now and I've had the software completely shut down 5 times already with the message "the software was closed because an error occurred" shown.

I searched the internet to find information on this problem, and found that it mostly used to occur with some people's games earlier in the year, but I couldn't find anything on this title. Is there an update that can be issued to fix this bug? It's seriously affecting my experience with the title in a negative way.

Thank you,

Jason

UbiPhobos
11-30-2017, 10:19 PM
Hey Jason! Sorry to hear about the inconvenience. Have you submitted this to our support team (support.ubi.com) as well so we can troubleshoot and document this? Thank you!

Jrbowling123
01-11-2018, 02:47 PM
I noticed it'll crash as well. After doing 2 unlimited songs then going to the world dance floor for a bit causes the game to crash. However. If I start the whole game over and just Do world dance floor it works fine.

Nganasan
01-18-2018, 10:17 AM
Hello,

I have also experienced software closing error with JD2018 on SWITCH.

I have noticed that more likely it will happen if:
- game has ran for several hours.
- if game was left running in backround when switch went to sleep mode and you resume to the game.
- it has occured more often when 4 controllers (joycon) are used.

In case of error I have switched off Nintendos power supply completely (hold down power button for 3s, to get this option instead sleep mode) and after powering up, usually this error doesn't occure.

Another thing that I just noted during weekend - I wanted to test smartphone mode instead joycon and downloaded app on my Galaxy S7. With built-in standard dancer card everything works OK, but as soon as I change standard dancer card to some of our family member cars (to get high-score reorded), phone disconnects from switch.

BR,

Nganasan