PDA

View Full Version : Me262 Engine Controls

XyZspineZyX
08-30-2003, 06:00 PM
I have just returned to IL-2 Forgotten Battles after several months addiction to Battlefield 1942.

I used to know the key assignments and the order in which they had to be used to actually start the Me262 engines and the engines of others flyable multiengine aircraft.

Problem is, I can't remember how to do it.

Please help.

PS

The "Toggle Engine" command is "|" and I guess that this is for a US keyboard. What is the UK equivalent?

XyZspineZyX
08-30-2003, 06:00 PM
I have just returned to IL-2 Forgotten Battles after several months addiction to Battlefield 1942.

I used to know the key assignments and the order in which they had to be used to actually start the Me262 engines and the engines of others flyable multiengine aircraft.

Problem is, I can't remember how to do it.

Please help.

PS

The "Toggle Engine" command is "|" and I guess that this is for a US keyboard. What is the UK equivalent?

XyZspineZyX
08-30-2003, 06:22 PM
You have to mapp the keys for the engines so you can start them as like alt+one to select nr 1 engine and then press I and so on.Then mapp another key to select all engines so to syncronize the throttle for all engines.

Message Edited on 08/30/0305:27PM by Superluminal

XyZspineZyX
08-31-2003, 07:05 AM
If you have enabled "Separate Engine Start" in Difficulty, you will have to assign a key to each of the following in the "Controls" menu:

1) Select Left Engines
2) Select Right Engines
3) Select All Engines

To start, press the key you have assigned for "Select Left Engines" and hit the I key on your keyboard which is the default key for start engine. Left engine should now start.

Next, hit the key for "Select Right Engines" and then the I key. After both engines have started, hit the "Select All Engines" key to synchronize throttle.

Note: Don't know about online play but offline, I found that you can only start the 262 if you are on an airfield/base.

<center>http://home.comcast.net/~jameswsm/grab0000.jpg </img></center>
<center>S!</center>

XyZspineZyX
09-01-2003, 06:33 PM
Thanks