PDA

View Full Version : Question for Devs

ShadowStepped
11-26-2017, 10:25 PM
I have really been enjoying For Honor as of late. The decision I made to take a break from Season 2 and to come back now was a good one. I believe it was the right thing to do because I was no longer enjoying the game and thatís the whole point you know? The connections are much better and while games freeze up at times it is much better at resuming and I do not get kicked even close to the amount that I used to.

I was actually able to convince one of my buddyís to start playing again as the connection problems were the main reason he stopped before I did originally.
That being said there are still issues that are glaring in my opinion in regard to the new heroes. Rather than complaining I am just going to state some of what Iíve noticed in regard to the Aramusha and shaman. My main concern I have since I play an Orochi is the lack of effectiveness while using deflect. The light spams of Aramusha I believe are too fast and are very very difficult to block on console and both heroes can interrupt the light deflect and the hurricane blast deflect. Unless I am behind on the times I believe that the orochi is supposed to have hyper armor on deflect? No other characters can interrupt the heavy deflect except the two new guys. It frustrating for me because orochis do not have many tools at their disposal in comparison to most other heroes. Is this part of the new change and was it intended?

I also feels like onceís these characters start spamming lights you get stuck in place sort of. Itís hard to explain but u canít get away like itís lagged out or ur moving with bricks tied to you. Iím not talking about rolling away, just super slow to move either direction like ur just stuck. So my questions is mainly in regard to deflect. Do the new heroes have something in their kit to be able to interrupt hyper armor? If not would it be possible to mention this to the devs? Feedback would be appreciated.

UbiInsulin
11-27-2017, 12:40 AM
Hi ShadowStepped! Glad things are going better for you connectivity-wise these days.

We've let the team know that there are concerns about light spam from the Aramusha (especially from assassin heroes like yourself). I'll ask for more info about the interaction between the Aramusha and Orochi's deflect, because I've seen at least one other Orochi player mention this.

Ackturi
11-27-2017, 12:45 AM
Hi ShadowStepped! Glad things are going better for you connectivity-wise these days.

We've let the team know that there are concerns about light spam from the Aramusha (especially from assassin heroes like yourself). I'll ask for more info about the interaction between the Aramusha and Orochi's deflect, because I've seen at least one other Orochi player mention this.

The problem isn't with aramusha. It's with the reflex guard itself as I've previously seen discussions on. Reflex guard has a small start up (which shouldn't happen since you are reacting in the first place) There is no reason the game should hinder your ability to react with an even slower activation on top of it.

Anything that can combo two fast attacks can stop a deflect. Deflect needs to stagger almost like a parry does so they can follow through on their deflect ability.

ShadowStepped
11-27-2017, 12:57 AM
That makes sense. Thanks for the feedback boys.

Devils-_-legacy
11-27-2017, 02:56 AM
Or a easy fix would give all deflects hyperarmor at least in 1 v x situation the deflect (only during the deflect animation) doesn't work you get stopped half way through

DaLast_Samurai
11-27-2017, 07:12 AM
Orochi also has a big problem against Shaman when fighting one at close, close hugging range.

When I have space, it seems like a fair fight.

But when I'm hugging one, nothing will hit her.
Like if I do a zone attack, she can dodge right into / through it without being touched.
She can also guard break me out of a Zephyr Slash no matter how late I am into it.

It's similar to hugging Kensei, who can also dodge through my zone attack while at hugging distance.
Kensei I know is under powered against most characters, but his longer reach makes it impossible for Orochi to counter him at all.

Orochi just get smacked up but side lights before he's close enough to touch him.
And if Orochi does get lucky enough to get inside the taller boxer and get a top light double tap in, he can't use his zone for extra damage, cause again, like Shaman, dodging into it makes it miss.

At hugging distance?