PDA

View Full Version : Far Cry 5 Map Editor - Features (Wishes)

FawSkills
11-26-2017, 10:15 PM
These are not wishes like "More weapons, more objectives, more settings" ((This) (https://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1674239-Map-Editor-Wishlist-n-stuff-Forums)guy has more of that) but more of a general size and features of the map editor itself.

Let me know if you agree or disagree with any of them :D

1. People will not be able to download other's maps and just re-upload them as their own work. (Downloading/Editing is fine)
- Nobody likes to see 500 copies of the same map in the map browser
- Or at least make it an option when you publish a map if you want your map to be able to be stolen or not.
- Why is this even a thing..?

2 Longer titles
- I feel like 20 characters aren't enough. If the text is too long, it could scroll once the map is highlighted.

3[B/] Map description
- I feel like this should have been added back in FC2 or 3.

[B]4. Bigger world size
- I hope the world size will be increased, not only for PC but for consoles too, I'm afraid it might be the same size or smaller because of the upgraded textures/animations might take a toll on consoles.

5. Bigger object limit / not reduced. (Consoles)
- The FC4 object limit on consoles was frustratingly small on consoles, and since FC5 has higher resolution on textures, I hope it won't be an even smaller limit. (Same point as above)
- PC version got a way bigger limit, almost endless, which is why I added "(Consoles)"

6. Being able to delete or update your published maps in case you found a bug/glitch that you would like to fix.

7. This might be an unrealistic, but yet awesome thing: Coop feature, create maps together with your friend, an entirely different post about it (here (https://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1794956-Far-Cry-5-COOP-Map-Editor-(Idea)?p=13134445#post13134445))

AlexoEx0
11-27-2017, 07:37 AM
"4. Bigger world size + 5. Bigger object limit / not reduced. (Consoles)"

These issues are pretty much solved on consoles nowadays. Or are at least no longer hold back what you would see in a PC due to console limitations. AAA games are now running 64 player battlefield games with reasonable levels of graphical fidelity. There is no reason Far Cry 5 can't have 8v8 multiplayer maps as we saw in FC2 from the standpoint of limitations of console capability not matching what PC can deliver.

akilyoung
11-27-2017, 03:06 PM
FC5 is already confirmed to have 6v6 MP and 2p coop. 8v8 aint happening, unfortunately.

Wizaze
11-27-2017, 11:24 PM
You might be right, but how is it "solved"? Far Cry 4 is on next-gen consoles, and the map editor map-limit is quite small on consoles. Its not about the amount of players on a map, it's about the size/limitations of the map creator itself, e.g size in KM and object limits. Also, Far Cry 5 will be on the same console, so it might not be bigger at all.

Viragoxv535
11-28-2017, 12:46 AM
It wasn't console limitation but UbiMontreal going for radical changes in the Dunia Engine and leaving the netcode to a different team (Massive Entertainment). The fall of Far Cry 3 MP changed the course and focus of Far Cry 4.
The team working on Far Cry 5 has all the luxury of focusing only on last-gen so there is a big advantage.

Wizaze
12-01-2017, 02:50 PM
You're right, I didn't realize FC4 existed on PS3 as well. Now my hopes are back up :p