PDA

View Full Version : Aramusha needs Nerf.

AramushaNurf
11-26-2017, 08:31 PM
Okay.. There has already been a lot of debate about this and I am up for nerfing him because the first time I faught a actual decent player with the character and he stunlocks me in the middle of a open field with orochi, unable to do anything at the time since I didn't know his moves and this was the first time that I called b-s since my character was stunlocked so damn hard that my guy wouldn't even put his guard up. Usually I am a god at orochi even against new characters which I easily learn to play against so to me this was like "NERF, NERF, NERF."

[REMINDER: On console]

Then I begun my search upon the forums to see how to defeat him and received some tips I have yet to test but the thing is that these tips are pretty bad since it requires me to either get hit or not use an assassin. Why do I have to do all this to appease an b-s character and broken reflex/guard. Like for example; people look to DrFranknNoodles test on how to fight back and it requires you to eat attacks even when your a squishy assassin and either have zero stamina so you can only block 9/10 attacks.. It's dumb. For console players, he commented that we are going to have to just adapt and deal with it but I think that its impossible for example -

People could just main aramusha and get a competitive team of four and attack online matches because it requires actual time to take down just one of them. Not skill, no because their characters don't really require skill to just throw lights while wiggling the joy stick every direction and if you got a feint master using this character then may god save you.

Again in a team of four against four of them or even one skilled one with a group of brutes to jump in then your team is likely getting ****ed. How do I remember and perform my lovely *eat sides and block tops* with precision while an berserker is hammering my side. Myself and this account is dedicated to nerfing aramusha for the end is nigh while he lurks about. Until then.. I am dis-encouraged to play for honor on console.

Dane520123
11-26-2017, 08:38 PM
Don't play then lol, if u don't know how to block then u shouldn't be playing anyways and it's like people forget how to dodge?, I main an assassin and u know what i do ? I dodge ! Or I deflect m. This is a matter of u needing to get gud bye

David_gorda
11-26-2017, 08:57 PM
Spot on OP, aramisha is a lightspamming Ubernoobs wet dream, now they can actually beat great players with only spaming r1, that why its so many defending the Class and just say block top lol.

Knight_Raime
11-26-2017, 09:57 PM
-sees OPs name-
-sees thread title-
I really shouldn't touch this but i'm going to.

So off the bat you've established that you wanted to nerf him because you died. Good to know. You then proceed to make comments on skill to a various degree. "skill" is not a factor when it comes to balancing. You can be a pro player and still die to something. You being a "god" orochi player doesn't make you immune to losing. And downplaying something else by mentioning skill just shows you don't have any actual argument to hold yourself up. You're just belittling people.

There will not be a team of 4 aramusha in any competitive setting because for one running a full team of the same hero isn't having a well balanced team comp. Which actually matters. You'd be a fool to not have a nobushi on every team as an example. And aramusha is actually pretty bad in 4v4. He doesn't add anything to team fights and he's not good while surrounded. But you assume this would be good because in your mind he's OP. nothing like confirmation bias eh?

You don't need to get hit to escape his combos. the purpose of that poster showing after being hit and during OOS was to show that it's possible to escape it in those conditions. He was also trying to show that reflex guard is not to blame. If you actually follow most of his posts he states as such. I'm also like 90% sure that the video proof he posted was on a ps4.

Anyway even if he didn't post from a ps4 perspective it has been shown there. And i've personally experienced as an xbox player that it's entirely possible to block and escape his combos consistently. it's harder on consoles. Not impossible. Lag compensation being gone does also mess with the timings of this both on console and pc. But balancing around connection issues is never a good idea.

Alustar.
11-26-2017, 10:13 PM
-sees OPs name-
-sees thread title-

So off the bat you've established that you wanted to nerf him because you died. Good to know. You then proceed to make comments on skill to a various degree. "skill" is not a factor when it comes to balancing. You can be a pro player and still die to something. You being a "god" orochi player doesn't make you immune to losing. And downplaying something else by mentioning skill just shows you don't have any actual argument to hold yourself up. You're just belittling people.

There will not be a team of 4 aramusha in any competitive setting because for one running a full team of the same hero isn't having a well balanced team comp. Which actually matters. You'd be a fool to not have a nobushi on every team as an example. And aramusha is actually pretty bad in 4v4. He doesn't add anything to team fights and he's not good while surrounded. But you assume this would be good because in your mind he's OP. nothing like confirmation bias eh?

You don't need to get hit to escape his combos. the purpose of that poster showing after being hit and during OOS was to show that it's possible to escape it in those conditions. He was also trying to show that reflex guard is not to blame. If you actually follow most of his posts he states as such. I'm also like 90% sure that the video proof he posted was on a ps4.

Anyway even if he didn't post from a ps4 perspective it has been shown there. And i've personally experienced as an xbox player that it's entirely possible to block and escape his combos consistently. it's harder on consoles. Not impossible. Lag compensation being gone does also mess with the timings of this both on console and pc. But balancing around connection issues is never a good idea.

It's sad that this very well thought out and articulate response to help players will not even be read. =/

Dane520123
11-26-2017, 10:16 PM
-sees OPs name-
-sees thread title-

Don't even bother with these noobs bro

Knight_Raime
11-26-2017, 10:17 PM
It's sad that this very well thought out and articulate response to help players will not even be read. =/

You can only help people who want to be helped.
I'd prefer if I didn't have to put nearly every new account who comes here and makes a post like this or worse on my ignore list.

David_gorda
11-26-2017, 10:33 PM
What a surprise that amarusha light spaming noobs trying to defend their Broken Class, laughable!

Dane520123
11-26-2017, 10:37 PM
What a surprise that amarusha light spaming noobs trying to defend their Broken Class, laughable!

What a surprise the QQing ******* doesn't want to listen learn. If you're gonna do is complain then stfu and sit down kid. LAUGHABLE

UbiInsulin
11-26-2017, 10:38 PM
Whether you agree with OP or not, "git gud" comments are typically pretty unhelpful. If you want to offer advice on how to play against a hero, please do so in a genuine, non-condescending manner.

We've let the team know that some players (especially those who play assassin heroes) are concerned with Aramusha, particularly with blocking his light attacks.

Dane520123
11-26-2017, 10:41 PM
Whether you agree with OP or not, "git gud" comments are typically pretty unhelpful. If you want to offer advice on how to play against a hero, please do so in a genuine, non-condescending manner.

We've let the team know that some players (especially those who play assassin heroes) are concerned with Aramusha, particularly with blocking his light attacks. Only reason it's somewhat difficult is because how bad the connection is on console, when will we get dedicated servers !

David_gorda
11-26-2017, 10:41 PM

We've let the team know that some players (especially those who play assassin heroes) are concerned with Aramusha, particularly with blocking his light attacks. Thank you!

ChampionRuby50g
11-26-2017, 11:02 PM
In your very first paragraph you say you didn't know his moves and you called BS... this just shows how bad this community is getting. Calling BS on something you don't even understand. I stopped reading after that point because I realised that you won't accept the help given to you, and even acknowledge the countless pieces of advice here on this forum to deal with Aramusha.

Kyloooo1337
12-15-2017, 04:11 PM
Aramusha is no-where near OP. Wanna know whats OP? Valkyries spear swing. Conquerors shoulder bash. Wardens insta-zone. (I dont really think these are OP, I'm just raising the point that there are plenty of things in this game that you character will be strong, and weak against, whether you perceive that as OP is up to you, but I bet you think your character is perfectly balanced right?).

If you wanna learn how to deal with an Aramusha, watch his gameplay tutorials (the ones that ship with the game), then jump into practice mode with him for 30 mins. Understand the mechanics of how he works and your problems will be solved.

For Honor is about mind games. Dealing with Aramusha is the exact same as when we were all learning to deal with Beserkers for the first time. Sometimes you have to take that one hit because you KNOW where the second is going, and you KNOW you can parry that 2nd hit and turn that into your counter/win. The devs know this, theyve even stated it in videos saying that when the top players brawl its goes beyond skill and it becomes about mind games. If your enemy can parry every move in the game, how do you win? Play mind games. Drop so many feints that he literally has no idea what your even doing.

If you wanna deal with his light attacks, pull that backwards dash attack into a cancel and you've instantly given yourself space. What can happen from there? 2 options, Aramusha performs the leap attack - guaranteed top block there since you should be expecting it - or the Aramusha could do the heavy left to right dash, which you will also be able to read because the Aramusha will still be on the floor. You cant pick the direction of these two attacks. You can dodge or parry either of those, simply by pulling the back dash you've controlled the situation and only allowed attack paths which you can expect.

If your gonna whine because your 'god mode orochi' cant handle an Aramusha then that's on you. Don't expect your current methods n tactics to work forever on any battlefield, because as you seem to be experiencing, that's how you end up dead. Play smarter bro.

Herbstlicht
12-15-2017, 06:12 PM
Hm, this thread is between funny and sad.

Light spam always has been a problem on console. Never has the majority of casual players been able to react to 500 ms lights.
Should we think about those casuals? Well, of course!

But first to the hero. He is far from op. You can parry his lights. 2 things help. First, indicators are normally slightly slower then animation. So just check his stance, move yours with him and you should at least get a block off. If, however, you already parry at the first flash of red and you indeed get light attacked - be happy and do a nice light punish.

If you are more decent, you can deflect or use whatever you have at your disposal.

Fact is: this game never was balanced for console in specific. Various consoles have different input lag, with PS4 pro being the worst and Xbox being the best. There are players on Xbox connected to gaming monitors. Against a PS4 pro player on a TV, they might get as much as 50 ms advantage. Its only some imaginary example. But take it. Because that's actually huge. It can make all the difference in the world between being able to effortlessly counter something or feel completely powerless.

It is not the hero.

Rye.Bread.
12-15-2017, 06:34 PM
Wanna know whats OP? Conquerors shoulder bash.

Hot ****ing damn are you people still crying for conqueror nerfs? Go away.

I'd like to input that as a conqueror main- a BLOCK CENTRIC CLASS, I find it very difficult to block aramusha on any kind of consistent basis. Something needs to be done. I'd also like to input that he should be given more moves and mixups to compensate (I know how it feels having little to no options), but the focus NEEDS to come away from that light spam tripe. It's not a matter of gitting gud, it's the fact that his lights come out so fast and he has so many feint opportunities that do not cost nearly as much stamina as they should. I have had several aramusha's who can just sit there and feint 3 or 4 (I'm not sure the exact number) attacks just for one light. The moment they get that confirm it's spam time.
https://i.imgur.com/DMC3V1s.png

I get it, we ALL want our own beloved mains to be powerful and killy, but honestly... it's just too much too fast. I GET that Aramusha is supposed to overwhelm the enemy, but in reading threads and playing the game I have not found a way to make Aramusha RISK anything in trying to overwhelm me.

Vakris_One
12-16-2017, 04:08 AM

We've let the team know that some players (especially those who play assassin heroes) are concerned with Aramusha, particularly with blocking his light attacks.
What Knight Raime posted was spot on. Quite frankly I'm surprised you are saying "git gud" comments are unhelpful, which they are, but in the same breath you are ignoring the tone of the OP and his completely derogatory attitude towards players who play Aramusha. His name alone should tell you something about his agenda. The OP started with insulting others and least 1 poster directly insulted players who play Aramusha before you posted. Why are you not issuing warnings to them as well?

Alustar.
12-16-2017, 06:33 AM
What Knight Raime posted was spot on. Quite frankly I'm surprised you are saying "git gud" comments are unhelpful, which they are, but in the same breath you are ignoring the tone of the OP and his completely derogatory attitude towards players who play Aramusha. His name alone should tell you something about his agenda. The OP started with insulting others and least 1 poster directly insulted players who play Aramusha before you posted. Why are you not issuing warnings to them as well?
Can I piggy back of this and say?:
Insulin has shown several times in numerous threads as to his lack of effectiveness at his job. This is not the first time I've seen him jump on a thread where he either wasn't needed, and/or was running to the aid of players already being offensive and aggressive to hassle the ones trying to steer the discourse in a more productive manner.
Not to mention I've had someone out right tell me that my mother should have aborted me with no moderater in sight.

In short, the forums need Noty back, or at the very least some one who will actually take their job seriously.

Tyrjo
12-16-2017, 08:36 AM
For Honor is about mind games. Dealing with Aramusha is the exact same as when we were all learning to deal with Beserkers for the first time. Sometimes you have to take that one hit because you KNOW where the second is going, and you KNOW you can parry that 2nd hit and turn that into your counter/win. The devs know this, theyve even stated it in videos saying that when the top players brawl its goes beyond skill and it becomes about mind games. If your enemy can parry every move in the game, how do you win? Play mind games. Drop so many feints that he literally has no idea what your even doing.

How can you parry an Aramusha when he can feint basically everything he does into a light so easily? You never know if that attack is really coming from the direction or not. The Aramusha is just en example of another poorly designed hero. If we thought PK light spam, zone cancel was bad. The Aramusha is 10 times that.

Vakris_One
12-16-2017, 03:36 PM
Can I piggy back of this and say?:
Insulin has shown several times in numerous threads as to his lack of effectiveness at his job. This is not the first time I've seen him jump on a thread where he either wasn't needed, and/or was running to the aid of players already being offensive and aggressive to hassle the ones trying to steer the discourse in a more productive manner.
Not to mention I've had someone out right tell me that my mother should have aborted me with no moderater in sight.

In short, the forums need Noty back, or at the very least some one who will actually take their job seriously.
I don't have anything against UbiInsulin. Noty was/is of course incredibly awesome and went above and beyond the call of duty and I miss them. Noty was one in a million. For the record I think the other Ubi reps are great folks. I just felt it needed to be said here that if you're going to single out and chastise one side for "git gud" comments then you cannot ignore the other side for their equally unhelpful "no skill noob class" comments. It's only fair in my opinion, otherwise you're basically giving a free pass to a specific type of unhelpful commentary.

Now this part isn't on topic but since you mentioned the lack of moderation in the vicinity of nasty personal attacks, I must sadly agree because I have also noticed this. Moderation in general on this forum is not up to par n my opinion. Too many times on here I have seen and personally received vicious and vile personal attacks with no sign of a moderator. They just let it fly and some of these comments are real pieces of work. I find that contributes greatly towards making this forum a really toxic place to be sometimes. On most other forums users who repeadetly offer nothing but insults and personal attacks are issued with temporary bans. Here, I see them contining to post their personal attacks like it's considered something perfectly acceptable and normal, which it definitely is not.

Herbstlicht
12-16-2017, 03:50 PM
On parrying Aramusha: his animation for light contrary to heavy are really different and easily distinguished. If it's a one blade strike, it's the light. He can't feint lights.

And for crying out Aramusha is op because of 500 ms lights: this is only true for those with Standart console and TV setup. It is not true for players with gaming optimized peripherals.

Quiet some time ago the problem of too fast attacks on console have been brought up. Ubi kinda said we have to deal with it.

And now we even got 400 ms bleed lights by shaman that can be followed by a 400 ms pounce that heals and deals heavy damage. I don't wanna say Shaman is imbalanced here. I just want to say the problem is elsewhere. And it won't be solved by your suggestions. Have you EVER seen some major attack speed adjustments on any hero? Ah, no. Maybe it's because they would needa redo animations and stuff.

So better think or ask about a way to better display what's about to happen on a wider array of hardware.

Take Tekken. You can react to 400ms stuff there rather easily. Why? Well, because it's awesomely responsive.

So either continue crying for a nerf with a part of the community always telling you how wrong you are with this, or go think about solutions for a more general problem.

Vrbas1
12-16-2017, 11:46 PM
Don't play then lol, if u don't know how to block then u shouldn't be playing anyways and it's like people forget how to dodge?, I main an assassin and u know what i do ? I dodge ! Or I deflect m. This is a matter of u needing to get gud bye

Guys! Let's give it up for the most helpful comment of the day! Wow, your level of helpfulness is just overwhelming to the forums! No seriously, someone please present him with some shiny medal! "Stop playing the game!"???? --> WOW! So incredibly helpful! APPLAUSE!

Anyways, pushing this asinine comment of yours aside... dodging/deflecting with an assassin character is hardly reliable as your both your reflex guard and dodge ability is stunned. I've tried dozens of times with several assassin characters and this strategy is spotty at best. If you don't have an assassin, it's near impossible to dodge out of it. If you have an assassin, the window to put your reflex guard up is frustratingly broken because of stun lock/reset. This character needs either the timing of his attacks adjusted or the stamina cost of his infinite chain addressed.

Baturai
12-17-2017, 05:15 AM
**** Aramusha, not only as an Assasin its a Cancer to fight against, But also as a vanguard. Have you ever tried to superior dodge light with Kensei ?
he can simply break it with his following light spamm or stupid tracking. he glides with his lights up to your anushole.
Chipdamage he inflicts is a serious ****.
Parry ? He can chain troll you with his superior Feints into Lights and Gbs.
he can cancel his stupid zone into gb the very milisecond you are ready to parry.
Dodge ? forget it. too quick and huge tracking.
He can cancel his Jump atttack mid air. and Block at the same time.

Insant Guard recovery. honestly his kit is simple but. the hidden Opness comes from his Timing values.

Cancer in my Opinion

mrmistark
12-17-2017, 04:45 PM
**** Aramusha, not only as an Assasin its a Cancer to fight against, But also as a vanguard. Have you ever tried to superior dodge light with Kensei ?
he can simply break it with his following light spamm or stupid tracking. he glides with his lights up to your anushole.
he can cancel his stupid zone into gb the very milisecond you are ready to parry.

Insant Guard recovery. honestly his kit is simple but. the hidden Opness comes from his Timing values.

Cancer in my Opinion

I am a Kensei main, superior light dodge is actually super useful, and I find that aramusha is a very linear attacker, so it is strange you feel this way. Aramushas chain seems to not following much other then whatís in his face in my experience, any dodge seems to catch him.
His chip damage is the same as everyoneís, and his heavies are easily parried.
He can only heavy cancel into Gb which makes it very reactable, and if you understand his chains then the feint into light is also very easy to counter. He can indeed cancel his zone and go into gb but so can nearly everyone.
Unless youíre playing those characters with the worst dodges, he is easily dodgedexcept for assassins who again, if you know the chain make for a super easy deflect. Iím not good at deflects, but if I find myself ďstunlockedĒ as an assassin, I wait till after a side light and dodge forward- easy deflect.
He can cancel his jump, but it is susceptible to instant GB if he is too close.

Instant guard recovery: not really, try playing against someone who actually uses blade blockade and just feint gb and youíll see how bad some of his recoveries are. Yes he recovers quick on some moves, but itís to offset his virtually 12 gb punish as opposed to others 25-30.

My suggestion is to actually play him. Practice with him and learn how he plays. Thatís the easiest way to learn to counter him, as you learn everything he can and canít do. Oh and also try to learn to start the parry at the last second. Be patient and wait, this used to be my problem, Iíd hit the right trigger on reaction rather than waiting patiently. Gets you out of a lot of potentially dangerous feint games

lMoosel
12-17-2017, 06:33 PM
You do realize Aramusha is B tier at best right? Heís very easily shut down and easy to perry (I play on Xbox and I have zero problems with it) also your a roach main on console, youíll find no sympathy here itís like karma for the months of flickering the rest of us endured.

David_gorda
12-17-2017, 09:24 PM
Used shugoki and played against a prestige 14 noob. He started as gladiator, beat him easy. He changed to shaman, again beat him easy again. Then he closed number one Ubernoob spam Class, superfast light spam and feints that cost almost No stamina lol???!!! He needs atleast twice stamina cost for his attacks. Oj and i play on console so No PC players or araspamma Main smartast comments Thank you.

Hormly
12-17-2017, 09:41 PM
If theres some kind of parry bug with assasins then that needs fixin, but never ballance a character around a bug by nerfing him 😕

As a warlord, i eat aramushas. I keep a fresh aramusha by my bedside so i can have a snack as soon as i wake up, i freeze dry them so they dont go bad.

Whats the deal with airline peanuts??

Vakris_One
12-18-2017, 12:54 AM
**** Aramusha, not only as an Assasin its a Cancer to fight against, But also as a vanguard. Have you ever tried to superior dodge light with Kensei?
I have and Kensei's dodge strike stops the Aramusha's chain dead. You don't even have to time it for a superior block just do a dodge strike in the same direction as Musha's side light or if top light then just any direction will do.

Yeah it can be. The solution is; don't go OOS if you can help it.

He can't feint his lights and he has to start with those if he wants to not be insta-parried. His lights can be blocked and they can be parried if you have the timings down. Good players are managing to do this against me. I'm having to whiff my first strike in order to get into his soft feint mixups against those players. Musha doesn't have a soft cancel into GB so you must mean he can do the basic feint into GB, which every character in the game can do so I really don't see that part as a valid complaint.

His timing is no more and no less than Warden's SB into GB or Lawbringer's GB after block shove. You can react to it if you pay attention. Past a certain point he can no longer cancel the zone's unblockable, with practice it becomes easy to parry his unblockable if he lets it fly.

Dodge backwards works because it gets you out of range of any of his chain follow ups, he cannot track you that far if you dodge back. The Orochi's dodge back + top heavy forward strike is actually pretty effective here as it is slightly faster than the Musha's second light in his chain. I have tested this and it works. I cannot hit the Orochi before he nails me with his strike.

No he cannot. He get's hyper armour only if he lets the attack fly. He can only block if he has feinted it. He cannot block and attack at the same time, that's just blatantly untrue.

Insant Guard recovery.
That would be his Rock Steady feat. I think this feat needs to go from the game entirely as it bypasses the mechanics of the game.

honestly his kit is simple but. the hidden Opness comes from his Timing values.

Cancer in my Opinion
Fair enough if that's your opinion of him. Try and play him if you haven't already. They cannot simply nerf him without reworking his kit to compensate because as you yourself said, his kit is simple. It doesn't have much to it so to just slap a nerf on him without any kind of kit rework, i.e. adding more variety and options, will pretty much delete him from the game.

Mia.Nora
12-18-2017, 02:53 AM
Aramusha is broken the moment you take latency into consideration, which is a reality that should not be ignored. Anyone who is saying he is ok as long as there is no latency is a hypocrite, since it is an unavoidable component of game in most cases.

Reflex Guard is supposed to be inferior to regular guard by its decay property, that way an oroichi can land a top light on an assassin just holding top the moment it decays as opposed to a vanguard just holding top. But in Aramusha's case his attacks simply does not allow Assassin to switch his guard stance in the first place except for a small time window. Unless Devs document this property of Reflex Guard in its definition saying "Assassin's can't change Guard Stance when input is put during hit stagger" this should be considered a bug and fixed.

Playing_Mantis
12-18-2017, 04:04 AM
Your ******ed if you think u can dodge out of this man.... u can't dodge when your stuck, only option is to block. u can only dodge the first hit but after that u have no option but to block..and if u can't do that as an assassin...well i guess your pretty ****ed.

Gunner11Mendez
12-18-2017, 06:32 PM
This is a joke thread right? Homie's not really serious? All you do is block top...all the character can do is light spam...he has no openers, his full block stance, if it fails, guarantees opponent GB, and lastly he does not get ANY heavy off GB...nerf?! Git gud bru...seriously

BTTrinity
12-18-2017, 07:01 PM
I play a lot of Ara, Rep 8.... So I should be pretty insightful as to what Ara needs....

Let me start off by saying, if theres ANY way to get assassins out of his infinite chain without reducing his light speed... That would be preferred, as most players outside of the assassin class has no trouble blocking him how he currently is.

So, if assassins get an easier escape then Ara needs an UB opener. Make it so he can use kick without Blade Blockade, but make it a "Light Forward Kick" meaning it doesnt send the enemy flying into ledges and wallsplats, but keeps the enemy within melee range to open them up to his combo mixups. (Everyone should have a quick UB opener like this, Warlord, Glad, Shaman, et cet)

Give him a heavy off GB

Rock Steady could use a small cool-down like the other T2 abilities, and it should not prevent CC moves like Shugo Hug and Lawbringer Pancake Flip from doing their jobs.

Now that I have the majority of the community's oncerns out of the way, were gonna move onto MY two biggest issues with Aramusha:

1. He can be guard broken, at any point out of LITERALLY EVERY ATTACK IN HIS MOVESET including his zone.

2. When the Aramusha and his opponent are parallel to eachother, facing eachother near a wall, Aramusha CANT throw to his left and right and will always throw behind him.

Those 2 things NEED to be fixed NEXT UPDATE.

Jazz117Volkov
12-18-2017, 09:09 PM
^ Rock Steady can be very jarring to deal with.

Aramusha bots are far more devastating in my experience.

Lag can make his infinite lights almost impossible to block, but that isn't the game's fault. Under ideal circumstances he's not the worst thing in the world.

Jansen5
12-18-2017, 09:42 PM
Block his attacks, poke. Then parry. Grab, poke. Repeat. Easy

Sekiro...
01-06-2018, 08:05 AM
This is a joke thread right? Homie's not really serious? All you do is block top...all the character can do is light spam...he has no openers, his full block stance, if it fails, guarantees opponent GB, and lastly he does not get ANY heavy off GB...nerf?! Git gud bru...seriously

If you play with an assassin and duel an aramusha you gonna understand

Buggy.Blaster
01-06-2018, 10:00 AM
just dodge it he says..or deflect... ok u can't do either of those 2 things once your stuck in the spam vortex of light attack hell. u CANT dodge out of it man. i hate when people say just dodge out... like they have actually even done it. its impossible to dodge out, only can block, and if that won't work then your stuck. have fun. nerf aramusha please please.

Zombie.Face
01-06-2018, 10:41 AM
please nerf the bastard.

Sekiro...
01-06-2018, 03:22 PM
please nerf the bastard.

ITS NOT THE SOLUTION, valkyrie and pk are too fast too, we always gonna have light spammers
the real solution is fix or remove guard reflex

Vakris_One
01-06-2018, 06:09 PM
If you play with an assassin and duel an aramusha you gonna understand
Select Orochi. Use Riptide Strike. Infinite chain successfully countered. The rest is up to how your opponent deals with having his infinite chain taken away.

Vakris_One
01-06-2018, 06:21 PM
As for requests like the OP's request for a blanket nerf that will essentially delete the character, think again and come up with a better solution. The Aramusha's kit is very simple, it revolves around his infinite chain to unlock his deadly feints - his main source of doing anything productive in a fight. You nerf that and all he has left is his zone. Blade Blockade is a pathetic source of damage since nothing other than ring the bell is consistently confirmed. That's a gob smacking, earth shattering 10 whole points of damage.

If you want his lights nerfed, which is the whole reason he can even use his infinite chain, then you best come up with a rework to his kit to compensate him. For starters he will need to:
- get a heavy from a guardbreak
- stop being guardbroken out of his attack startups
- be given an unblockable attack or shove from neutral
- be given dodge strikes
- have all his counter attacks from blade blockade as guarranteed hits.

Any other ideas are welcome.

Anarnam
01-06-2018, 11:21 PM
Guys you gotta admit though... Aramusha is by far the best noob/bad player killer in the game currently. Once matchmaking changes came out I made at least 2 dozen players ragequit the game... and they weren't any good.

Good players can easily kill me when I'm playing aramusha.

Enollis
01-07-2018, 01:02 AM
You're right. But so are Lawbringers. I see so much new players picking LB and just doing the same stuff high(ish) players do too. Shove, top lights and turteling. Shaman is also kinda easy to start with tbh. It's mostly about mastering those clases. I fought many highlevel LB's and only had few actually good players. But that's something else.

Now to Aramusha:

I had really hard problems with him at first. But 1-2 months ago i thought to myself "well if you can't beat them, join them!" And it's the best thing you can actually do for any class. As some have mentioned already just play it yourself and learn it. You will start to do the same mind games and Feint's and stuff because most times you WILL get blocked or even parryed.
Also you got 2 Kind's of Players (it's like this with most classes) There are those Spammers of course that won't hesitate to use the lights. AND you have the better players. Those are not spamming the whole time. Only doing 2 lights here and there. They can actually use the Blade Blockade. That gives those type of players a god mix up without annoying other players. That's what i first tried to learn with aramusha. Blade blockade the hell out of everything. So people can't use the argument "Spammer" anymore.
Just give it a shot.

Sekiro...
01-08-2018, 05:09 AM
Select Orochi. Use Riptide Strike. Infinite chain successfully countered. The rest is up to how your opponent deals with having his infinite chain taken away.

Your comment only proves u dont play w assassins
We cant use riptide while stunlocked by the infinity chain

Zombie.Face
01-08-2018, 08:29 AM
hes ridiculous. please nerf him. don't nerf him, just fix him in my opinion.

Vakris_One
01-08-2018, 05:05 PM
Your comment only proves u dont play w assassins
We cant use riptide while stunlocked by the infinity chain
6 reps in Orochi
3 reps in Pk
1 rep in Shaman

But I guess I don't play assassins 😞

You can use riptide while being hit by Aramusha's infinite chain unless there's lag going on. I've done it against many Aramusha's. And vice versa: I've got a rep 7 Aramusha and plenty of skilled Orochi players have done it to me.

Vakris_One
01-08-2018, 05:08 PM
You can also use deflect to try and get out of Musha's infinite chain.

Depressd_Cent
01-08-2018, 07:19 PM

its not fun going up against a character that stuns you out of your guard if you miss a block, his stamina is the problem, not his damage, its not fun going up against more than 1 aramusha

Erhanninja
01-08-2018, 08:07 PM
Point is we wanted no light attack spam like PK. Absolutely cancer character. And what they did? They went ahead made a worse one. This isnít about git gud. If it was nobody would complain about PK at this point. I play on console itís not humanly reactable on the console simple as that. When he starts his combo I canít do anything. I either block or parry. Parry is pretty much out of option with ďsoft feintĒ. I donít believe in soft feint because thatís not feint. I canít do dodge attack I canít roll. Damn I canít even pop revenge coz he staggers me. He has full block he has unblockable. I mean just full block than wallsplat. Isnít that a bit too much?What else does he need? Opener? How many characters have opener in this game? Very few. Not everybody plays 1v1 so you can just focus on blocking. Shaman and Aramusha isnít noob killer they are for noobs. They made them so newcomers can massacre people.

Devils-_-legacy
01-08-2018, 11:17 PM
Amusha hasn't got any openers he has counters the kick pretty useless unless ledging bb top heavy always get blocked side ub only good for soft feint into light the heavy combos parry bait light spam is a boring way to play tbf I think the amusha is a bit terrible in the way his move set is designed the one good move imo is the top dodge attack as you can trade with it other then that I've never really has a issue with his unless there's lag in the room and I was looking forward to ronin untill I got him to 180 and realised how crap he is at high level play I'd love to see a rework for him after the og hero's

Steell241
01-09-2018, 05:29 PM
As a warlord main. (Also not a ledgelord, I'm talking on of the real warlords lol) I eat aramusha for breakfast. If I die to one it's cuz my block is not on time or I'm ganked. My own fault. Now this is from a perception from a warlord. My gladiator character though is a different story, it took aloooot of practice, but aramushas strikes can indeed be gaurded against, the reflex gaurd is a serious pain in the *** and I understand people's frustrations. Any new player will most likely be torn to shreds by this guy. That said, he doesn't have too impressive of a kit, the lights and feints is pretty much all he's got. Now the SHAMAN!? that is someone I would call a bit op lol

High-Horse
01-09-2018, 05:51 PM
Spot on OP, aramisha is a lightspamming Ubernoobs wet dream, now they can actually beat great players with only spaming r1, that why its so many defending the Class and just say block top lol.

now they can actually beat great players with only spaming r1

great players They're not that great if they don't know how to block. Maybe we need to define this term before throwing it out there.

David_gorda
01-09-2018, 05:59 PM
They're not that great if they don't know how to block. Maybe we need to define this term before throwing it out there. assassins cant block aramusha spam if they get staggered by one attack. No problems blocking without reflex guard. Come back when you played reflex guard on console :D

Waxfacts
01-10-2018, 12:12 AM
Reacting to his soft feint is whats difficult. Its a 3 way split, he can follow through, go top, or go the other side. The thing is every other attack must be a top to carry on the chain normally, however he can feint it into a side attack from a side attack and continue the combo regardless. The follow up attack from soft feint is very fast and hard to prepare especially on console.

High-Horse
01-10-2018, 05:08 PM
assassins cant block aramusha spam if they get staggered by one attack. No problems blocking without reflex guard. Come back when you played reflex guard on console :D No thx, I'd rather play with a strobe light (and yes they can).

Reacting to his soft feint is whats difficult. Its a 3 way split, he can follow through, go top, or go the other side. The thing is every other attack must be a top to carry on the chain normally, however he can feint it into a side attack from a side attack and continue the combo regardless. The follow up attack from soft feint is very fast and hard to prepare especially on console. It's like berserker, don't try to parry everything and they're just shut down.

David_gorda
01-10-2018, 05:24 PM
No thx, I'd rather play with a strobe light (and yes they can).

It's like berserker, don't try to parry everything and they're just shut down.
You are wrong, not that i expect anything else from a lightspamming aramusha noob.

High-Horse
01-10-2018, 07:17 PM
You are wrong, not that i expect anything else from a lightspamming aramusha noob.

Way to asssssume. I've hardly touched him, he's worse than zerker imo. A few gimmicks like Zone and Blade Blockade but otherwise is very lackluster. It only does well against newbs or frustrated assassins. Zerker is faster, has better recovery, gets heavies off a GB which hit harder, deflect for more confirmed heavies.

Aramusha takes a lot of work to do well at higher levels. Easier than highlander but just as wanting if you ask me.

Sorry you're having issues with his lightspam. I would think you have more trouble with PK honestly, way better kit.

BT_nuklon1
06-15-2018, 08:01 PM
I agree, aramusha speed is insane and stamina looks like infinite,
The speed must be fixed or stamina, because right now its really OP, I play aramusha and almost no other class threatens in duels expect other aramushas, No one can really block any of non heavy or even heavy attacks... Aramusha not need to be nerfed it need to be fixed sorry...

PizzelMaster
06-16-2018, 08:23 PM
ARAMUSHA is not op, he is actually one of the worst in the game, valk takes the spot of the worst, then shugoki, 3rd worst is aramusha... aramusha is pointless when you actually know how to block him, bait his full guard, aramusha doesnt have an opener against turtles... so yes aramusha is bad...

pootybear2013
06-16-2018, 10:44 PM
Fight the level 3 aramusha bot in the training arena until you realize just how limited his kit is. I used to have a hard time with shaman and cent. but after fighting them over and over again in the training arena they became a lot less intimidating. Also if your tv has a ďgame modeĒ picture setting please select it. It reduced the lag input to block on console by a little bit, but enough to definitely notice.

RexXZ347
06-17-2018, 11:19 AM
For pete's sake he needs a buff. He's so predictable and a lot of really professional players blocks my chains. Aramusha is a noob stomper. He is nowhere near a mind game character and he doesn't have an opener.

RenegadeTX2000
06-17-2018, 11:33 AM
man, one of those new heroes can cancel their zones into more attacks....

Aramusha needs a better functioning zone, it would help his gameplay so much... Why does he have fast attacks as a title?

Fast Attacks, Feints, Counter attacks...

Well fast attacks is a lie now, Warden about to attack just as fast as him in his rework... Monk is about to attack faster then him and monk is considered a hybrid just like him... yet monk doesn't have "fast attacks" as his title. lol

Alustar.
06-17-2018, 02:32 PM
Played 50 rounds against Trinity just to get the hang of managing light spam, it helped so much. After 20 I was consistently blocking hours, just a few more and I was then deflecting them and pulling him out of his chain. Even his mix up game doesn't bother me much after that training session.
Bottom line, If you think Musha needs a nerf, you need practice.

Jazz117Volkov
06-17-2018, 03:20 PM
Mushi is a problem because his top light is guaranteed off pretty much everything he does, but the indicator makes you think you can react to it. This causes many a WTF moment. But once you've got that all figured out, you are a rock to his scissors.

XJadeDragoonX
06-17-2018, 04:15 PM
Aramusha is basically an assassin blender. Against everyone else he's manageable

BT_nuklon1
06-17-2018, 07:16 PM
Aramushi needs a light spam attack to be nerfed, lower damage or lower speed...

Alustar.
06-17-2018, 10:31 PM
Mushi is a problem because his top light is guaranteed off pretty much everything he does, but the indicator makes you think you can react to it. This causes many a WTF moment. But once you've got that all figured out, you are a rock to his scissors.

His top light isn't guaranteed, I've blocked that after getting hit from the side and I've deflected it to.

Knight_Raime
06-17-2018, 10:46 PM

Top light is only guaranteed off of a side heavy confirm or a deadly feinted side light confirm. I can agree the game doesn't convey this well..at all. As there isn't many things in game that give guaranteed damage. Most that do are extremely obvious. Like a throw or an unblockable bash.

EDIT: Forgot his blade blockades unblockable side heavy also confirms a top light if it lands. It's still a side heavy and I mentioned that. But I figured I should mention anyway before i'm called out on missing something.

We.the.North
06-18-2018, 08:39 PM
Mushi is a problem because his top light is guaranteed off pretty much everything he does, but the indicator makes you think you can react to it.

This right there is bad video game design.

His top light isn't guaranteed, I've blocked that after getting hit from the side and I've deflected it to.

After a side light attack, the top light attack is incredibly easy to deflect by just spamming forward dodge. True

However, after a side heavy attack, the top light attack is guaranteed despite the indicator showing up. Hence the bad video game design leading players to think they can do something and getting frustrated by the "attack spam".