PDA

View Full Version : Why is The Shaman getting nerfed when there is clearly others who should.

guest-4OaoTZlL
11-26-2017, 05:50 AM
For one the centurion is still one big walking cut scene. gladiator toe stabs tracking is way worse than the shamans. the Aramushas light hit chain go thru your guard. before you know it she is going to be completely useless like the highlander im also tired of getting guard broken out of a swing and why does it lock on to the furthest person from you fix all that and then i can see nerfing the shaman.

CoyoteXStarrk
11-26-2017, 05:51 AM
For one the centurion is still one big walking cut scene. gladiator toe stabs tracking is way worse than the shamans. the Aramushas light hit chain go thru your guard. before you know it she is going to be completely useless like the highlander im also tired of getting guard broken out of a swing and why does it lock on to the furthest person from you fix all that and then i can see nerfing the shaman.

So your argument is that other characters are broken in your opinion so she doesn't need to be fixed?

Nice logic there lol

ChampionRuby50g
11-26-2017, 05:56 AM

Glads toe stab tracking worse than Shaman? In what universe?

GB in heavy start up is annoying though, I wish that wasn't in the game.

guest-4OaoTZlL
11-26-2017, 05:57 AM
im upset because the nurfed all the viking dlcs to the point were they are useless and all the knights are still op

CoyoteXStarrk
11-26-2017, 06:00 AM
im upset because the nurfed all the viking dlcs to the point were they are useless and all the knights are still op

All the knights are not OP lol

Warden is a 1 trick pony and Conqueror is one of the worst heroes in the game at the moment

guest-4OaoTZlL
11-26-2017, 06:07 AM
You mess up one to even a half way decent centurion and you should just set your controller down

CoyoteXStarrk
11-26-2017, 06:19 AM
You mess up one to even a half way decent centurion and you should just set your controller down

Well thats your fault for making the mistake then isn't it?

If you make mistakes in PvP games you will lose. Thats how PvP games work.

guest-4OaoTZlL
11-26-2017, 06:23 AM
with that logic don't make a mistake against the shaman and were all good no reason to Nerf

CoyoteXStarrk
11-26-2017, 06:29 AM
with that logic don't make a mistake against the shaman and were all good no reason to Nerf

Nice try but thats not how that works lol

The Shaman is OP even when you don't make mistakes.

guest-4OaoTZlL
11-26-2017, 06:35 AM
what what what so even when she doesn't touch you shes op Because a mistake is missing one block or a dodge

CoyoteXStarrk
11-26-2017, 06:43 AM
what what what so even when she doesn't touch you shes op Because a mistake is missing one block or a dodge

You are trying so hard to play gotcha but its not gonna work lol

The Shaman is in need of balancing. If you think others do as well then thats fine you are entitled to that opinion, but that doesn't mean that just because other characters are broken that means she shouldn't be fixed.

Grow up.

guest-4OaoTZlL
11-26-2017, 07:12 AM
Im just upset that they are going to nerf her speed damage stam just every thing and the got on it right away im and shes only been out for a week its a new play style people aren't use to so yah shes going to be hard to fight a week and theyre on it like white on rice well the take there sweet time to address issues that have been in the game for quite some time

subdude1974
11-26-2017, 07:13 AM
Shaman is insanely OP and to say the knights are OP is just ridiculous. Donít take this the wrong way, but that is one of the most insane ideas I have ever seen in this forum.

guest-4OaoTZlL
11-26-2017, 07:28 AM
i think its ridiculous you think im being ridiculous

CoyoteXStarrk
11-26-2017, 07:37 AM
Im just upset that they are going to nerf her speed damage stam just every thing and the got on it right away im and shes only been out for a week its a new play style people aren't use to so yah shes going to be hard to fight a week and theyre on it like white on rice well the take there sweet time to address issues that have been in the game for quite some time

They are jumping on it because the issues are THAT BAD. She is RIDICULOUS.

As for why they haven't addressed your other complaints did it ever occur to you that you might not be any good? You claim "all knights are OP" when that cannot be farther from the truth. As I pointed out the Warden and Conqueror are both in bad spots. The Lawbringer is middle tier right now. The Gladiator and the Centurion are the only ones that are any good.

On top of that the Centurion has gotten PLENTY of nerfs in the past few patches and the Gladiator is pretty much where he needs to be.

Just because you lose to something doesn't make it OP.

Playing_Mantis
11-26-2017, 07:39 AM
Knights heroes are all pretty much cancer. i also agree if were nerving the shaman why not nerf the glad and cent more? these are better than the other classes too. maybe the shigoki free kill on low life that won't regen? glad is for sure closer to the shaman level than any weaker hero so why nerf sham and not him? I'm ok with the nerf coming up but i hope it won't break her to **** tier. or..we can all stop *****ing about nerfs and learn how to play! funny how ill play a class and my opponent says to me.. nice broken class noob when he can't even counter guard break me... its like maybe hit rank 5 and learn how to parry before complaining about the class nerf..

CoyoteXStarrk
11-26-2017, 07:49 AM
I am so glad Ubisoft doesn't listen to you people lol

guest-4OaoTZlL
11-26-2017, 08:37 AM
"yeah good thing they don't listen to there loyal fan base"

guest-4OaoTZlL
11-26-2017, 08:42 AM
i mean i only have 21 days and 3 hours played its not like im bad i made it in diamond in ranked

Erhanninja
11-26-2017, 09:33 AM
I play Glad regularly. I might be wrong but I don't think toe stab has tracking. You can sidestep and it's a free GB. If it had tracking you wouldn't be able to do that.

It's still beyond me that one mistake with Cent and you are nearly dead. If you are against a wall then you are pretty much dead. You can't avoid jab in some circumstances not sure what. Yeah okay you should get punished for a mistake but not 80% of my health come on...Okay you get punished but you also have no stamina a bit too much imo..

I realised one thing with Shaman though. She can GB me when I play glad or orochi and do side step attack. But I can't do the same thing to those heroes when I play with another character.

But when she does side step attack you can't GB her. How does it work?

CoyoteXStarrk
11-26-2017, 11:14 AM
"yeah good thing they don't listen to there loyal fan base"

If by "loyal" you mean biased and blind then you are 100% spot on.

Vordred
11-26-2017, 12:00 PM
well yeah the gladiator is stong, i think the toe stab is the least of his problems, his ZA is pretty damn cheesy. but he isn't over the top.

the Cent's punish game is way to strong two, the amount of damage and time your stuck in a combo off a simple parry well there is a wall nearby is pretty ridiculous (which could be fixed if we ever get some defensive meta chanages). and some other things, but there isn't much more ubi can do with him short of a rework. and it's not like the cent hasn't been nerfed already. in fact most characters have received them at some point

So the most pressing concern right now for op character is the shaman, thats why she is getting nerfed.

Knight_Raime
11-26-2017, 01:29 PM

Centurion needs an overhaul in general. he's just a punish machine. Not even an actual kit.
glad's toe stab is 100% fine. it's his zone that is the only thing that's close to unbalanced in his kit.
That's not normal. that is a connection issue.
Highlander is bad because his kit is fundimentally about trading of which he's poor at doing. Shaman isn't flawed from a design perspective. just over tuned in terms of numbers.

strikes91
11-26-2017, 05:06 PM
Cent not op lol https://youtu.be/617p1ZiIsNU

iso_memory
11-26-2017, 06:40 PM
After reading all of these posts, I agree with Starrk. Everything I'm reading tells me that you don't want the Shaman nerfed because you finally are able to beat mid-high level players with a class, and that you think that the Cent and Glad are OP because you're likely, as a Shaman, still getting your *** beat by a handful of them. Grow up. She's OP and Overtuned, and not healthy for the game in any way in her CURRENT state.

strikes91
11-26-2017, 06:46 PM
Lot's of stuff needs nerfing. But when a viking class is op u ppl scream so hard on the forums, and ubi nerfs them. Look at the cent, he got a nerf after months cuz he's a knight and damions love child.

iso_memory
11-26-2017, 06:56 PM
Lot's of stuff needs nerfing. But when a viking class is op u ppl scream so hard on the forums, and ubi nerfs them. Look at the cent, he got a nerf after months cuz he's a knight and damions love child.

That's an incredibly naive and immature notion.

strikes91
11-26-2017, 07:00 PM
The truth hurts?

iso_memory
11-26-2017, 07:11 PM
The truth hurts?

Keep believing what you want. The people needs people that think like you, or else there would be nothing for logic to combat.

strikes91
11-26-2017, 07:16 PM
So u defend the state the cent was in? Or is in still broken. Ubi favors the knights god and evryone knows that. Just look at the broken faction war. Vikings can't have any good classes cuz ppl cry on the forums and they get the nerf bat. Look at the aramusha whit the broken chain. U thinnk they are gonna nerf that? On consoles we got 30 fps so that makes attacks alot harder to parry or block

subdude1974
11-26-2017, 07:36 PM
Centurion punish doesnít take 80% of anybodyís life. Not even against another Centurion. He is also not OP. His combos are escapable after the first hit as when he grabs, you just counter GB and you are free. So you get hit with either 1-2 lights/heavies. He has a very limited moveset. Sorry if you are getting OPíed by a Centurion you just arenít as good as you think you are. I have mained with him since I started playing a few months ago. I am above average with him but there are characters that I can play against that I am a heavy underdog as Centurion. If a character is truly OP, then they should be at least a 50/50. Go through the moveset of any character in the game then go to Shaman. When going through it, I swear I saw volume 1 and volume 2. She has a much larger moveset than anybody in the game. Mixups our the *** and there is the blood trance. It has been shown that she we track from one side of a board all the way to the other. Sorry, but you are completely wrong on this issue.

Devils-_-legacy
11-26-2017, 07:38 PM
Seriously they favour the Knights based on the nurf that's just tuning her numbers? There not nurfing her to the ground she will still be one of the stongest heros. the amushas a one trick pony good vs assassins not much else lol

strikes91
11-26-2017, 07:39 PM
I don't got problems whit cents sorry. But cents are broken.

iso_memory
11-26-2017, 07:39 PM
So u defend the state the cent was in? Or is in still broken. Ubi favors the knights god and evryone knows that. Just look at the broken faction war. Vikings can't have any good classes cuz ppl cry on the forums and they get the nerf bat. Look at the aramusha whit the broken chain. U thinnk they are gonna nerf that? On consoles we got 30 fps so that makes attacks alot harder to parry or block

Not at all. I think that it taking them so long to nerf/fix him was pretty unforgivable, but right now, he's B-tier under the best of circumstances, which isn't a bad place to be.

strikes91
11-26-2017, 07:43 PM
Thats what i meant. Stuff on the shamnys needs tweaking. The tracing and wild cats rage. But what worries me is that they nerf it to hard. The dmg seems fine practiced against some shammys 27 side heavys

Devils-_-legacy
11-26-2017, 07:44 PM
That's all there doing but it still classed as a nurf lol

ChrisTaben2017
11-26-2017, 08:00 PM

This is the funniest post I have ever read on a forum lmao

subdude1974
11-26-2017, 09:49 PM
I don't got problems whit cents sorry. But cents are broken.

This is a ridiculous statement. If you think they are broken then your defense must just absolutely suck. Sorry, but he is anything but broken/OP.

Knight_Raime
11-26-2017, 10:01 PM
Not at all. I think that it taking them so long to nerf/fix him was pretty unforgivable, but right now, he's B-tier under the best of circumstances, which isn't a bad place to be.

According to the competitive subreddit's tier list (for pc) he's A tier for duels and B tier for team fights.
not really arguing just mentioning.

strikes91
11-26-2017, 10:06 PM
This is a ridiculous statement. If you think they are broken then your defense must just
absolutely suck. Sorry, but he is anything but broken/OP.

Just defend your main he is broken

subdude1974
11-26-2017, 10:48 PM
Again, your D must suck. The ONLY move that he has that enables him win is his wall splat. His parry gets him a light or a heavy. If your D was any good at all, you can escape his parry combo after the 1st hit. Sorry, but you are wrong.

UbiInsulin
11-26-2017, 11:11 PM
To my knowledge, the shaman changes are not coming at the expense of other hero balancing changes. There has been a huge amount of feedback on the shaman, and the bulk of it did focus on her being extremely powerful. We definitely don't want to overnerf her, but the team is opting to make changes and then continue to keep an eye on the situation.

This isn't an official source by any means, but the tier list linked on r/competitiveforhonor mentions that "everything in her moveset is viable" - and as you know, she has a large moveset. On Warrior's Den, Roman basically said that she was intended to be pretty good at everything, but not this good.

Hope that explains the situation somewhat!

strikes91
11-26-2017, 11:11 PM
Like i said earlyer in the post. I don't got any problems vs cents. All i said is that he is a broken char

guest-4OaoTZlL
11-27-2017, 01:23 AM
thats the mane thing that upsets me they nerfing her so fast well others they can take there sweat time

ArchDukeInstinct
11-27-2017, 01:42 AM
thats the mane thing that upsets me they nerfing her so fast well others they can take there sweat time

That's just how blatantly obvious it is that Shaman is OP.

strikes91
11-27-2017, 02:29 AM
To my knowledge, the shaman changes are not coming at the expense of other hero balancing changes. There has been a huge amount of feedback on the shaman, and the bulk of it did focus on her being extremely powerful. We definitely don't want to overnerf her, but the team is opting to make changes and then continue to keep an eye on the situation.

This isn't an official source by any means, but the tier list linked on r/competitiveforhonor mentions that "everything in her moveset is viable" - and as you know, she has a large moveset. On Warrior's Den, Roman basically said that she was intended to be pretty good at everything, but not this good.

Hope that explains the situation somewhat!

So you nerf the shaman cuz of the heavy feedback.. okey i see lot's of ppl are asking for a arumusha nerf, so that meams he gets nerf tho right?

Ackturi
11-27-2017, 02:33 AM
So you nerf the shaman cuz of the heavy feedback.. okey i see lot's of ppl are asking for a arumusha nerf, so that meams he gets nerf tho right?

Aramusha doesn't need a nerf.

strikes91
11-27-2017, 02:38 AM
The speed on the chain is crazy. Try fighting him when he got a dial up modem

Arekonator
11-27-2017, 04:12 AM
If you have dial-up modem in 2017 you got no place playing online, its that simple.

Sov3R3ignN
11-27-2017, 05:10 PM
You keep telling others to grow and i think you're the one that needs growing up. You're wining about shaman on every post made. It's sad that the moment you get wrecked by a new hero you sit and cry and point fingers to nerfs. Sit down, relax and ssip on a coolaid instead of keep on saying "that'snot going to work" Leap is dogable, her unblockable can be parried? Her light bleed thing can be blocked. People still have problems with PK's and their light spams that are ridiculous and you waaah waaaah about the shaman? Take you're head out out of the sand. Played against so many of them and it seems you just need to know how to handle them, They get out of steam rather quick.